Why do I act like when I am high?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 May 2013, 2:14 pm

I smoked weed a few hours ago for the first time in 5 months. I got a stupid high from it because I kept on walking around the house looking for stuff. I was paranoid about everything. I had to make sure my hands were clean so I washed them for 10 minutes then. I then kept losing everything. I would put something on the side just so I could grab it later to use. and even looking in the wrong places. I had to look for my lighter, cigerattes, and and clothes. It doesn't help that I live in a 5 bedroom house with 2 floors. I felt so stupid I couldn't even type a decent msg on WP. I spent 5 minuteus trying to type a sentence while listening to music on the other tab. My mind was wandering about other things while every few seconds I would remember what I am supposed to do and do it for a few seconds, then wander back into a another world of mine. I feel tired and fatigued and my heart beat was racing fast. I kept thinking I am ugly and would stare at the mirrow. I am average looking but I went from average looking to the ugliest person in the world according to my eyes. I am high as I am typing this and I can't think of the right words. I normally type fast and am much more articulate than this. What is causing me to act so foolish and stupid?

I think I am permanently done with weed but I need to know if this can because of my aspergers?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 2:23 pm

Hmm that is intresting, you see that is how I feel when I am sober except for the looking in the mirror part I don't really find myself ugly or attactive...if I smoke weed its not nearly as bad. But some people don't react well to it regardless of having aspergers or not.

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 May 2013, 2:32 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Hmm that is intresting, you see that is how I feel when I am sober except for the looking in the mirror part I don't really find myself ugly or attactive...if I smoke weed its not nearly as bad. But some people don't react well to it regardless of having aspergers or not.

Me: I need to log on to wrongplanet

5 minutes later....still trying to log on to wrogplanet

Are you like this when sober? I don't think so lol

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 2:36 pm

Not all the time, but yes it does get to that point...or it might take like an 30 minutes to an hour to type out a rather short post. But not sure that can be attributed to the AS.

azaam
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 May 2013, 2:43 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Not all the time, but yes it does get to that point...or it might take like an 30 minutes to an hour to type out a rather short post. But not sure that can be attributed to the AS.

It's probably our aspergers. I am not that fast at executing stuff when I am sober. This makes hate my aspergers. Everything else is great.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 3:22 pm

No, neurotypical people report the exact same kind of symptoms when they get too high. Paranoia and problems with short term memory are two of the most commonly reported negative mental effects of marijuana. Drink something with sugar in it to get out of any glucose spike you might have had (an extreme version of what causes the munchies--it can make you feel like impending doom) which will steady your hands and clear the brain fog a bit. Next time, just stick to a couple of puffs, then wait a while before deciding whether you need to hit it again.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:49 am

That sounds like a fairly typical reaction of someone who smoked more weed than they had the tolerance for. Some people are more prone to those kind of reactions. As has been suggested stick to literally a couple of puffs, make sure you've eaten well before smoking and, if things like that keep happening, just don't smoke it at all. Even pharmaceuticals of known strength and content can cause very different reactions in different people. Cannabis on the other hand has various active constituents and varies greatly in potency; it's unsurprising that some people react oddly to it.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 2:30 pm

It's not the right drug for some people, me included.
Try less but if it does not suit you then no point to put yourself in this position.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 7:11 pm

sounds like you smoked too much, since you quit you had zero tolerance. I used to smoke weed everyday for 4 years but a few months ago I quit because my dealer left the state to move to Washington. I decided im done till its legal in my state, I hate the social interaction required to buy it

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 6:59 am

Weed makes me calm and makes it difficult for me to think negative.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 7:16 am

I already act like I am high on life from time to time without the help of drugs, I think weed would just make me more socially inhibition-less during those times.