Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Uncertainty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 May 2013, 11:20 pm

I got a raise at work but..... I think that nobody appreciates my intelligence or who I really am.

The raise of course stays between me and my boss. Nobody else knows.

I self identify with anxiety disorders related to AS in the workplace.

So I made lots of mistakes starting this new routine/new job.

It finally came together though and I'm doing a lot better within work. I got the raise that was discussed with my boss in the interview.
Nobody is training me on register though :/ =( I feel like they think I'm ret*d or of lesser intelligence. I'm in fact a rather competent human being who happens to have some Aspie traits thatmakes it take a little longer to adjust to new routines. They are kind of scary for Me! At work anyway.

I dont want my coworkers thinking less of me then what I actually am.

I'm just extremely upset :/ I know its a stupid not going to last that long job where im only making 8 dollars per hour.
I want to quit I hate people not appreciating me and what I really am. Or demeaning my work competence through faulty misinterpretations because of some anxiety disorders.....

What would you guys do?

I dont know I feel trapped. Scared to embrace another routine and I just got a raise however, it doesn't feel balanced. I feel like Im suffering and have even cried a little about it.

I'm a competent human being capable of critical thinking and the abilities that most people miss out on. I even fall into the superior IQ bracket not that that means a lot. And honestly IQs can vary greatly at different times in your life.
I consider myself open minded a logical abstract thinker, and so very different from my coworkers that it hurts.

I shouldn't continue suffering right? I mean Once this months rent is paid its ok to quit right? What would you do if people in your workplace thought you were incapable of operating simple machinery 5 IQ brackets below you?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 12:25 am

My advice would be to stay on, unless another job offer came along that is a significant improvement. You're there for the paycheck. Appreciation is awesome, but not a job requirement unfortunately. Problems and co-workers change over time too.
If you truly think you'll never be happy where you're at, then just make sure you have a plan in mind. It doesn't sound like you've been there very long though, and you might find more people see your positive traits over time. If anything, you'll get the satisfaction of proving them wrong. :)