Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 1:22 pm

It's just another tool for people to shun me. Even people off here.

I wish people would just talk to me. I'm sure I'm going to die early from lonliness and isolation.

I just want to delete my account again, but how do I do it without causing another stir?

I've had enough. I hate being in limbo with people. I just want to delete myself again. It almost feels like it's removing a bad vibe and it's freeing whenever I do it.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

Why would deleting yourself cause a stir if nobody talks to you anyways?

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 2:21 pm

I know a woman who does this all the time. I wonder if she's an aspie.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 2:26 pm

Do aspies delete themselves often?

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 2:44 pm

My facebook goes through times of being ignored by most people.

I dont take it that seriously to be honest.

Im there to catch up with others and whatnot and for the kitty pictures, I can still get that when my wall is being ignored

As for messaging:
- I can barely talk to most people, awkward sentences to clear a meeting and ignoring each other from then on works for me.
-Couple of people have gone to over 1000 messages and someone went to over 18000 but eventually we all need a break from each other and I have had to learn to understand that it may be months till I catch up with someone on IM.
Im not that good IMing to be honest

Last edited by spongy on 29 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 2:46 pm

What exactly happened?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm

babybird wrote:
Do aspies delete themselves often?

At least once a day, just to keep the stress level at a minimum. :wink:

I have effectively deleted myself from society entirely, though it wasn't really my intention to do such a thorough job of it. It does get rather lonesome sometimes. :|

As for FaceBook, I rarely look into it. Most everybody there posts the most inane, meaningless drivel. Its embarrassing to watch supposed adults whining in front of everybody about their relationship status, or pushing their political views or blathering about mindless social events, or the weather. On the rare occasion when I did post a remark there, it was either ignored utterly or besieged with replies from people I have no desire to hear from and whom I only accepted to be polite. Now I use it only as a conduit to communicate with my daughter (who set the page up for me when she went away to school) and a select few people I cannot reach through any other channel. My impression is that FB has just about run its course and is rapidly becoming the new MySpace. In another year or two, it will probably be a cyber-ghost-town, as the nitwits flock to Twitter, or whatever the newest fad is. :roll:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 3:07 pm

smudge wrote:
I just want to delete my account again, but how do I do it without causing another stir?

You can temporarily-deactivate your FB account without completely deleting it. You'll still be visible on people's friend-lists but without a profile photo. And obviously nobody can view your profile again until you reactivate the account. To those not on your friend-list it appears that you're not on FB at all.

My FB account has been temporarily-deactivated for the past 6-7 months by the way.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 3:09 pm

Why don't you just stop going on there if it causes you trouble?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

smudge wrote:

I wish people would just talk to me. I'm sure I'm going to die early from lonliness and isolation.

You and me both, eh?

Facebook can get bent.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 4:13 pm

Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:

You and me both, eh?

Facebook can get bent.

I relate to you, but I do feel like kicking you sometimes. :P

spongy, I find it patronising and annoying when I'm spoken to as if I always have a load of problems to unload, and that your sole purpose in talking to me is to listen to those problems. You act as if you're some councillor, and you're always asking me if it's OK to talk which is very annoying. The good thing is that you do give me space, but please, stop asking me if it's OK to talk, or that you're checking up on me. It feels like you're just waiting around for me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 4:36 pm

I don't really use face book.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 4:58 pm

smudge wrote:
Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:

You and me both, eh?

Facebook can get bent.

The riding crop not good enough for you or something?

YaxxbassDK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jul 2013, 5:03 pm

I can familiarize myself you, about Facebook creating a feeling of being outcasted and abandoned among people, which was reason i dropped before but remember, its only what you make of it really.

Still to this day i'm not really enjoying Facebook but sadly it has become necessary part of chaining my social contacts together, so if it simply has no benefits then and gives you a bad gut feeling then just drop it :wink:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 8:41 pm

smudge wrote:

What do you mean? People not commenting on your status, or people not answering messages you send them, or commenting on your comments on their status? If so, that's how FB is. I comment on very few people's statuses and sometimes they comment back, sometimes they don't. I rarely get a comment on my status, and when I do I might or might not answer back. I do try and answer most messages I get, but it may not be right away. People rarely post anything on my wall.

How many friends do you have on there? The more friends you have, the more active your account gets. I used to have a lot of friends because I would accept any friend request and friend people who commented on statuses with me. Lots of people will friend all of their friends friends, and I had a lot of people that way. I deleted about 400 people who I didn't even know really except on FB and barely there and now I have about 250 and most of those are just people I went to school with. I rarely talk to them either.

Try friending more people and commenting on statuses. The more you comment the more people will comment back. Ask a question in your comment so they will answer you and you can work that into a thread conversation. Compliment them in their new pictures they post and "like" the pictures. Just say "how pretty!" when they post a picture of their child or something. Make a funny comment to someone who is having a bad day and posts about it, or post ((hugs)) to them. That should help with getting some activity going there.

I message a few people there, but not many. I have a handful that I talk with in FB messages, and most people I know tend to use them like leaving you a sticky note. Just to tell you something. The ones I talk to are either far away or are nearby but having a problem or I'm having a problem (often) etc. You might try joining FB groups that are active. You can get into conversations on the threads and when you have a conversation on a thread with someone and you hit it off, send them a friend request.

Are you talking about messaging you on FB or commenting, or what?

I don't see why it would cause a stir. People do that all the time. Some people do it and open another one, others do it because they are spending too much time there or because they got hacked or they are mad or something. It doesn't do anything except leave your profile picture as a blank. How would it cause a stir? Just don't go to FB, you don't have to delete it. Plus, you can never delete it completely, only deactivate it. It'll always be there waiting and you can reactivate it by signing back in at any time.

I've had enough. I hate being in limbo with people. I just want to delete myself again. It almost feels like it's removing a bad vibe and it's freeing whenever I do it.

Did something happen with somebody that has caused you to be upset over FB? You can unfriend and block anybody on your list. As for being in limbo, if you need an answer or some sort of confirmation from someone, just message them and tell them that you need to know.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 2:19 am

smudge wrote:
Tequila wrote:
smudge wrote:

You and me both, eh?

Facebook can get bent.

spongy, I find it patronising and annoying when I'm spoken to as if I always have a load of problems to unload, and that your sole purpose in talking to me is to listen to those problems. You act as if you're some councillor, and you're always asking me if it's OK to talk which is very annoying. The good thing is that you do give me space, but please, stop asking me if it's OK to talk, or that you're checking up on me. It feels like you're just waiting around for me.

As I stated above few of my conversations really last long and I somewhat expect that this days due to my own issues.

Im not really the best person to talk to over a screen and I have to stick to some sort of patterns to make things somewhat work.

Sorry that you are feeling uncomfortable talking to me but as I stated earlier I dont expect things to last so you dont have to worry about me from now on