Do I have a paranoid state of mind?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

I'm very, very, very scared right now. I was talking to my mom about something and I told her beforehand that I didn't know if it was the right thing or not, but now I'm scared that I accidentally lied. I had breast reduction surgery and am terrified that I'll get an infection and have to have both of my breast removed due to accidentally lying or bad karma. I also play video games and also worry about starting to develop photosensitive epilepsy due to accidental lying or bad karma.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 3:15 pm

Yes. That is paranoid.

If you get an infection, it will be from the surgeon not being clean about his/her work or you/your caregivers not keeping the wound clean, not "bad karma." So follow all post-op instructions to the letter.

Ditto photosensitive epilepsy. If you don't have it, you're probably not going to get it...

...but if you are worried about it, the thing to do is spend less time playing video games.

Karma hasn't a fart to do with it. Karma, assuming you believe in it (I certainly do), has more to do with how you treat people, and will probably be mostly played out in how people treat you in return.

Caveat: Don't assume that people who are as*holes just because you are different are karmic punishment. Sometimes an as*hole, is just an as*hole. They are probably as*holes to other people too, and they'll get theirs.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 5:15 pm

There's no such thing as "accidental lying" - it only counts as a lie if you did it on purpose. If it was an accident, its just called "being mistaken" or "misspeaking" and it happens to everybody, no harm, no foul.

Bad Karma is something you have to build up, by intentionally being hateful, insensitive and cruel over a long period of time and I don't get any sense that you're doing that.

So yes, you're being paranoid. Take a chill pill and relax, everything will work out okay. :D

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 8:17 pm

You can't accidentally lie. A lie by definition is a purposeful denial of the truth. You were mistaken, not lying. As for infections, you get those in other ways. Those are physical, not metaphysical. I don't know about the epilepsy from video games, I don't think that's common. If you are worried about that then stop playing them.

You don't sound paranoid as much as you sound guilt ridden. Sometimes people feel guilty about everything even for no reason. Karma/fate/life/God/Goddess/The Big Bad Wolf/whatever isn't just lurking around the corner waiting to mess people up for small things. What happens happens. If you haven't gotten an infection by now you probably won't. Talk to your doctor at your next check about your infection fears. If you are done with going to him for checks, then your risk of infection is probably only about .01% unless you like to roll around topless in mud and sewage and I really don't think you do that. ;-)

It sounds to me like you had something good happen (the surgery) and now you feel like something bad is going to happen to balance that. Life doesn't work that way.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com