Another user with empty promises?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2013, 12:09 pm

Someone who I know recently made a promise to me to work on a really cool project together and I had agreed to join. They first said that I we could work on this project in a studio which supposedly was being sold on us. So we agreed to meet once a week on my school campus to put the project together. We both discussed that we would meet up on Weds at 12:00 PM each week.

They have seemed to go out of town at the last minute while stringing me along that they were going to have another project put together from a sci fi convention and never did. "Oh I will do it next week I'm promise."

I finally managed to call them on a carpet that they had seemed to pull the "Out of town" on me three times in a row while asking where the other project was. I said "I am getting sick of this and where is the other stuff?"

They came back and said that they had some financial problems that needed to be taken care of first and that they wished that they had more free time to do what they wanteds They also responded by telling me that they could not work on the other stuff because their computer was broken. So that project is supposedly put on hiatus until they got everything else straightened out. They did manage to apologize to me and let me know too that they were not trying to hurt me. They also fully acknowledged my reason for being upset with them which I accept and accept.

While I accepted their apologies and understood where they were, I still pointed out that they should not have said a set of empty words with me and that they could have been up front with me in the first place.

While I am working to forgive them for the last few weeks, I am very sad that I am not being respected enough as a person.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2013, 5:42 am

They sent me a message on FB saying all this other stuff and that is when I wrote how I felt. Not once has this person acknowledged what I said enough to get back with me.

I suspect though that it was because I mentioned to them that they really should have been upfront with me and that they were not thinking about my feelings at all.