Well, I did something kind of bad

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 3:42 am

OK, first off you have to understand the two people involved. My daughter who is 17 and wants to remain a virgin until she married, after grad school. Then there is gay Danny, the gypsy boy who is a friend of my kids and is 30 and whose parents are bitching at him to get married. He has no interest in women or in having sex with them. So it's perfect. She loves gay men, and he doesn't want to have sex with a girl. You know what I did. And if you don't know, gypsies pay a bride price for wedding. He offered me 10 thousand bucks for her. I have to talk to her in the morning. Plus, he wants the same kind of goth wedding she does! It's PERFECT.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 5:37 am

It'll be interesting to find out how this one turns out.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 9:09 am

perhaps move this to the parents discussion?

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 9:35 am

I dont know if I would refer about selling your daughter for money, can be refered as perfect. I dont wanna say, that you force something on her, that she might actually feel bad about. The thing is, because of her still being 17, you must take in mind (for her) if she will feel her whole life well about it? Right now she might feel ok about that, "He marrying a sexless guy, that will pay 10.000 bucks for it." Can you be sure, that she will be thinking that way about it as well, when she is 30? When it comes to stuff that you did on your own, while being young, you feel about it as "doing life experiences". But if you try to push her about that, then you will become the adult person, that will have to feel responsible for that, and the possible outcome and consequences of it?

As well, that you say, that she actually is not really interested in man and sex. If she later might meet the guy she wants to marry, then she will need to do an divorce from her former husband. If he then does not aggree, anyway what he might say now, then you might have lots of law-troubles, that will make an divorce expensive.

I really do not feel comfortable about it. I am not religious and as well not really into romance-stuff, but marrying should be something special for you, that you do with someone that feels special for you, after you have done a lots of thoughts about it. I´d be afraid that doing it for "earning 10.000 bucks" might lead to ruining that feelings inside of her toward marriage.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 9:40 am

I think long-term this would be a big mistake. What happens if/when your daughter wants children, or a real marriage? Is Danny cool with getting divorced after a while? If so, there are all the costs and splitting of property associated with THAT. Unless they only pretend to get married, of course. Still, a very sticky situation.

alessi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2014, 10:20 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
OK, first off you have to understand the two people involved. My daughter who is 17 and wants to remain a virgin until she married, after grad school. Then there is gay Danny, the gypsy boy who is a friend of my kids and is 30 and whose parents are bitching at him to get married. He has no interest in women or in having sex with them. So it's perfect. She loves gay men, and he doesn't want to have sex with a girl. You know what I did. And if you don't know, gypsies pay a bride price for wedding. He offered me 10 thousand bucks for her. I have to talk to her in the morning. Plus, he wants the same kind of goth wedding she does! It's PERFECT.

That sounds terrible. Why would you daughter want to be in a sham marriage? If she wants to stay a virgin until marriage she probably takes it seriously and this is something she would really regret.
I really can't recommend this in the least.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 1:01 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:

Yeah, I'd say selling your child to gypsies isn't a great idea.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 3:43 pm

If your daughter agrees to it, seems to benefit everyone.

It actually seems less wrong than a green card marriage.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2014, 10:07 pm

Oh noooooooo, please don't do that. Kids who get married should have a least a tiny bit of a chance at happiness, no?

loudzoo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2014, 10:12 pm

Interesting. At face value, this seems like quite the proposition.

Enjoy it!

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2014, 1:51 pm

Another bad idea.