5 questions that describe yourself and your life

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 10:40 am

The author of this book says there are five questions (the big five) that are a guide to how we answer many other important questions in our lives. Here they are:

1) what can I know?
2) why am I here?
3) what am I?
4) how should I behave?
5) what is to come of me?

I may add:
6) what am I doing/ do I plan to do of my life?

so, what are the answers for you? I agree they are very important questions! In fact you can know so much about someone based on the answers. Probably the best questions for that.
maybe this should be in the philosophy forum, I don't know.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 6:18 pm

1. As much as I am willing to learn
2. My mother gave birth to me.
3. Whatever I damn well please.
4. Whatever that doesn't hurt anyone or violate their basic rights
5. I will die someday
6. Create and conquer

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2014, 10:09 pm

1.Not sure, lots of things I suppose...whatever I end up remembering from things I learn.
2. No idea.
3. some sort of human or humanoid at least last time I checked.
4. Depends on the situation.
5. I suppose I will find out.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:31 am

1) what scientific method and social sciences vestehen can show me, but we can never be sure. Also traditional knowledge and other kinds of knowledge, but about those we can even be less sure in regards of relation to the truth.

2) initially for no particular reason. But now that I am alive the reason is to try to make the world a little better place than if I hadn't been born

3) a human being, ie. A bunch of cells forming an organism that was selected by evolution. I am also a sensitive, intelligent, aspie person is this is part of my essence as those things I cannot change. But they do not describe myself entirely because besides my essence being comprised of thousands of smaller thoughts, actions, feelings, likes and dislikes, there is also a part of myself that is constantly changing.

4) in any way that doesn't hurt somehow other people. Things that involve only one person or consensual adults and are non-consequential are not even moral questions. Even if sometimes it is hard to tell those characteristics in a situation.

5) I am going to die and my conscience will disappear as it was before I was born

6) this I have no idea :lol: by now I plan on finishing college and working on research or as a translator/language teacher. Then I am going to think of solutions and create social companies or some other project. .

CJH123
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2014, 12:45 pm

1) what can I know? Whatever I wish to know within my ability
2) why am I here? Because thats the cycle of life
3) what am I? A person, a individual and a human atleast I hope to be I mean where all human after all right?
4) how should I behave? As according to the situation im in, if not not then based on what I know and feel
5) what is to come of me? Whatever I choose and whatever happens to me will shape what will become of me in the end
6) what am I doing/ do I plan to do of my life? Just seeing where things go/wanting to find love, companionship and happiness

CJH123
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2014, 12:46 pm

1) what can I know? Whatever I wish to know within my ability
2) why am I here? Because thats the cycle of life
3) what am I? A person, a individual and a human atleast I hope to be I mean where all human after all right?
4) how should I behave? As according to the situation im in, if not not then based on what I know and feel
5) what is to come of me? Whatever I choose and whatever happens to me will shape what will become of me in the end
6) what am I doing/ do I plan to do of my life? Just seeing where things go/wanting to find love, companionship and happiness

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:26 pm

1. However much I can to the best of my knowledge.

2. Because I was conceived by my parents, therefore I was born.

3. A person with Asperger's Syndrome.

4. In a way that won't offend others.

5. I can't foretell the future, but I know the decisions I make will impact my future somewhat.

6. Focusing on my love life for sure. Again, I can't predict the future, so we'll see what happens...

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 4:54 pm

1. I can know only what I perceive and experience
2. I am here to experience and relish those experiences
3. I am a being that exists in this world that is capable of deep understanding and feeling, I am that which is meaningful
4. I should behave with respect towards myself, other beings, other life, and the universe in general, because it is all meaningful.
5. What will become of me is up to how I interact with this existence that surrounds me. I am fleeting.

I don't want to add 6, because I think it's not as base as the other 5.

Poor motivation