The most valuable thing in the world

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 5:52 pm

Love is the most valuable thing in the world and I've realised that since I have it (I really do) then I am very rich in a non-material sense.

The problem is not just remembering that I have love, but believing it, too.

My parents and my (few but dear) friends loving me was never enough because they couldn't quite touch the dejection that I carry around inside. I needed to be fully loved by a romantic partner. Now I've found that love, but I didn't fully accept it at first. I felt like I was so bad and broken that I couldn't deserve it. Now that I've tried to open up to love, it's like pulling back a curtain and being soaked with, and almost blinded by, light.

I can't say that it has lifted my depression, but it's made me much less blinkered about myself and my place in the world. I wrote myself and my life off. I hid from myself. Now I feel like all my feelings have been rearranged, along with my identity. I'm struggling to process what's happening to me but I know it's a positive thing. I know it's bringing me closer to the truth.

I've had some knockbacks lately - but realising what I have is making me look forward. I'm hoping I won't dwell on certain things that are troubling me.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 6:03 pm

I'm very glad to hear that you have found it, I wish the both of you all the best!