Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Winner
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2014, 8:22 pm

That is the question. Is it worth living?

I fell in love about 7 months ago. 3 months ago I was rejected. I'm still in love with the same woman.

I can't forget her. She's the only person I feel a real connection with in this world besides my mother and father.

She and I both live in a small town that is miles away from colleges so I have nowhere to study here. I dropped out of high school and also have coeliac's disease and constant physical tiredness so am not a great prospect for an employee anyway. Career-wise things don't look good for me. I have no friends either because I just can't relate to most people, I want different things.

So should I just put myself out of misery and end this life? This is like the 7th time unrequited love has happened to me. I'm tired of it all.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 8:28 pm

unrequited love happened to me over and over until i was 52. i just celebrated my fifth anniversary. i'm glad i didn't give up.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 8:55 pm

Don't give up! I know it is painful (been there myself so many times) but the pain eases after a while.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:19 pm

yep I loved some people and supposedly they loved me too, sucked for while and i moved on. and move on after each rejection but each time i also lose a bit of self esteem.

and 52:o if I'm still single by 35 i kinda plan to die. 9 more hellish years til freedom.

Pobbles
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2014, 11:19 pm

Don't give up, no matter how bleak it looks from your FOV. You'd be denying yourself the chance to ever enjoy anything, ever.

You've got not one but two parents you feel connected to, that makes you a richer man than many. I'm not a parent, but I imagine the loss of a child is devastating and unnatural. Don't do that to your folks!
[/guilt]

Quote:
This is like the 7th time unrequited love has happened to me.

So, by your own admission, you've managed to get over something like this six times already. I bet my nuts you can do it again.

Don't be afraid to ask for help BTW, and by that I mean speak to a doctor if you haven't already. You might be depressed, maybe even obsessed. If you're considering offing yourself at all please also mention this to your doctor.

SorriorDragneel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2014, 1:16 am

Pobbles wrote:
Don't give up, no matter how bleak it looks from your FOV. You'd be denying yourself the chance to ever enjoy anything, ever.

You've got not one but two parents you feel connected to, that makes you a richer man than many. I'm not a parent, but I imagine the loss of a child is devastating and unnatural. Don't do that to your folks!
[/guilt]

Quote:
This is like the 7th time unrequited love has happened to me.

So, by your own admission, you've managed to get over something like this six times already. I bet my nuts you can do it again.

Don't be afraid to ask for help BTW, and by that I mean speak to a doctor if you haven't already. You might be depressed, maybe even obsessed. If you're considering offing yourself at all please also mention this to your doctor.

It can be unuusally bad sometimes....And as an aside am i the only one literally immune to suicide? Like in that inky black well abyss of no light or hope and just canna kill yourself even if you want to?

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2014, 2:13 am

I am too much of a physical coward to actually do it, which has been my saving grace up until now.

Still, how would you know if it all has been 'worth it' if you are dead? seriously?

Is it because you cannot cope, or do want to make others feel guilty for mistreating you?

At least you know you are capable of loving and being loved, so that's a start at least. As for rejection, there's a phrase I like to use that's rather self-indulgent, but it's also true; 'well, that's just their loss and I deserve much better anyway'.

Then, you go through your whole life looking for that special someone...but at least rejection doesn't bother you anymore, so whether you find a romantic partner or not becomes totally irrelevant.

I realise you are still in love with this girl and that takes a fair bit of time to get over, but after 'getting over it' time after time, you begin to realise how totally overrated and conditional human love is.

I wish you all the best.

Winner
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jun 2014, 4:17 am

I'll be fine. Bonus time is just around the corner.

SorriorDragneel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2014, 5:09 pm

SoMissunderstood wrote:
I am too much of a physical coward to actually do it, which has been my saving grace up until now.

Still, how would you know if it all has been 'worth it' if you are dead? seriously?

Is it because you cannot cope, or do want to make others feel guilty for mistreating you?

At least you know you are capable of loving and being loved, so that's a start at least. As for rejection, there's a phrase I like to use that's rather self-indulgent, but it's also true; 'well, that's just their loss and I deserve much better anyway'.

Then, you go through your whole life looking for that special someone...but at least rejection doesn't bother you anymore, so whether you find a romantic partner or not becomes totally irrelevant.

I realise you are still in love with this girl and that takes a fair bit of time to get over, but after 'getting over it' time after time, you begin to realise how totally overrated and conditional human love is.

I wish you all the best.

LOL the same phrase often comes to my mind TBH....Irony is i am beginning to wonder if it won;t raise my standards TOO high.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 5:59 pm

I've been in unrequited love with my best friend for 12 years. Right now, I'm happy to feel that love and have that person in my life, even though it is basically quite painful emotionally. I think it's worth it for me in this situation; whether it is worth it for you, I can't tell - depends on the person.