Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 10:59 am

i come from a lower middle class family was brought up in extreme hardships with
denial of basic necessities

also abuse was common in my house and my parents, relatives suffer from mental illness
they have weird behaviour

i have enrolled my son in a upper middle class school and the parents there arent interested
in communicating with me

the low self confidence, low self esteem really puts them away usually people from upper middle class
and middle class ooze confidence and communication skills

i want to move my son to a smaller school also my son isnt able to cope with the syllabus there
he is failing and getting low grades he isnt able to keepp friends there

but my hubby doesnt understand this situation

please guide

abeautifulmind
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Oct 2014, 4:03 am

Hi Namaste,
I am from India as well and I can understand your situation.
Children with aspergers find it hardest to cope in schools , colleges or in any other formal educational set up. Homeschooling seems to suit their overall development, needs and personality the best although homeschooling is not popular in India. Although you have not mentioned it, it seems your child has Aspergers or ADHD which is related to Aspergers. I thought so after reading some of your earlier posts that you have written on your child.
Please remember, Aspergers in male and female is very different. They show different traits and characteristics. So you might not find any similarity between him and you. You can read the book "Aspergirls" by Rudy Simone to understand what I am saying. It is an eye opener of sorts.Please buy the book although it might be a bit expensive and might not not be available in a regular bookstore - but you can buy it online.
I would say, please observe your child's habits carefully after reading the book. If it is a case of male aspergers or ADHD, then you will know how to meet his needs the best. And this is possible.
You will also know, by reading this book about why you cannot cope with the challenges of being an Asperger's mom and how to meet the challenge.
Although this post was about class and lower middle class, I think aspergers has something to do with the issue more than class.
All the best to you,

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2014, 5:45 am

thanks for your advice.

i will look into it