Flying Visit, Long Read, Progress & Resonation

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm

Hi all! The title speaks for itself, but I will explain.

I decided to put this in The Haven, because it may seem depressing, but I just hope by updating the few who recognise me from around here before, and sharing my experiences of the last year, may give some beacon of hope to those in rather dark and darker places than me. :)

Be warned, it's a long read!

Last time I properly posted around here, I cited a problem which I cryptically hid. December 2014 I believe, but in hindsight, was simply aftershock to the news of becoming a father.

What made the situation even more of a quandary was the fact that I was (and still am, hopefully not for much longer) in long-distance relationship, and finding out of her pregnancy was around my birthday (October 2014) when we hadn't been seeing each other for that long either.

Her personal reasons were understandable enough as to why she kept the child and it was miraculous enough that she even got pregnant in the first place. We both used protection etc. But it may be someone's way of saying we're meant to be. That's of course looking at the *ahem* 'miracle' from a supernatural sense.

And no, she didn't sleep with someone else, the baby is mine!

One of many reasons why I decided to grow a spine and set of balls and become the father I wanted to be. As opposed to running away from it all and attempting to end the relationship.

So, not long ago, baby was born bright, active, alert and healthy and I couldn't be any happier to be honest. I have the woman of my dreams and the most wonderful daughter I could ever ask for. If she's on the spectrum, she's on the spectrum.

Doesn't mean my Depression will ever go away, it's only amplified by the current situation which should hopefully be temporary. There are still some anxiety and confidence issues which I'm slowly wading through with my counselor.

Despite a shock (if this was a story, nobody ever saw this 'twist' coming) to my family and friends that I'd be the first to become a father out of my 4 siblings.

A bit of a cheeky plug now within this 'progress', but as a filmmaker of sorts, I'm working on a documentary web series that I'll hope to post in here to see if anyone would find it insightful, as it delves into my experiences with living with Asperger's Syndrome.

I just hope that by simply reappearing and telling those I do and don't know what sort of life Alternative here* has been living, overcoming the obstacles and challenges that having Asperger's Syndrome often throws up in my path.

Hope you're all well, stay strong and keep going no matter what! Sounds like a corny motivational tape, but perseverance (though at times seems absolutely pointless) can seem to reap rewards!

If anyone reading this fancies talking to me, drop me a message and I'll try to respond ASAP.

Thanks for reading and take care,
Alternative

*Yes, third person!

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 9:16 pm

Happy Father's Day, Alternative :)

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 5:25 am