Assaulted , assailant still on loose .

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:15 pm

Last night downtown in Santa Cruz I was assaulted in the night , attacked (from a sitting position , incidentally) by someone who hit me repeatedly , knocking me in the brai0n portion of my head , kicking me in the face , also hitting me elsewhere in my body .
It was someone who wanted me to leave the space I was in , and when I didn't , attacked me . (He also knocked me into the corner off a wall about three times .) About3-5 , maybe more , hits total . Some friends of mine chased him away , and apparently hit him as well . A " respectable " taxi driver was watching while I was being assaulted , and yelling " Help ! Police ! " , and did nothing :cry: .
Hours later , I certainly still feel the having being hit , on the brain-covering part of my head which was hit , and feel dizzy from it .
I immediately called emergency after the assailant was chased away and got to the hospital but they did relatively little for the injury itself , which did not have apparent scars or blood .
I don't know whether they disbelieved me - Of the two cops who came slightly first , one quite straightforwardly said he did not believe me , that I had lied about the assault , when I asked him . He got all psuedo-technical about the precise language I used to describe the assault , too . They did not ask me for a description of the assailant , IIRC , also .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:30 pm

Holy Crap!

Sorry about that, Sir.

At least you have friends who helped you a bit.

If you continue feeling dizzy, perhaps you should go to the emergency room again.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:39 pm

...After an earlier matter - not the assault :( - worked itself out I decided to stay in Santa Cruz until next week's SSDI , unless I could get some assistance from somewhere .The assailant is STILL AROUND , and knows me and would be mad after having been chased/hit by my friends ! :cry:
Right this moment , I am in Watsonville , where there is an adequate shelter I guess I can go to tonight .
However , I only have 5 dollars in paper and simply the bus from WV to the shelter (another county's bus , and the shelter is technically in Salinas I believe ~ With a massive walk to it once you gtoff the bus , and a longer still one very early in the morning when you are put out :( ) - and this bus is $1.75 each way , $3.50 a round triop .
Only 5 paper dollars remember , and my money is not till Tuesday .
If I could get a ride to San Francisco by someone who would pick me up , that would be good .
I have been very much planning to go to SF , remember , and I HAVE TO RESCUE MYSELF ! from this immediate danger ! :( Even if I landed past the time that any of the (as I have mentioned) going to offices to try and arrange a shelter bed/look into medical place possibilities/start to look into school possibilities , and just hang around (with my bad foot :( ) homeless til' the next week . Otherwise , a Greyhound bus , ju9st that , is about twenty dollars for a one-way seat

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:42 pm

...With me not LOOKING hurt , I believe that - certainly in SC - going to the ER while their is no apparent " hurt " is useless .
Maybe I would get more attention in SF , where I haven't been for a while .
The SC hospital once again , even , did not even bandage my bad toe ! :cry:
Remember , the assailant is (I certainly assume) STILL AT LARGE in SC . :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:45 pm

He's probably still at large--but maybe he fears being arrested.

I certainly hopes he fears your friends.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:47 pm

...I had planned to hang around and , yes , beg (I don't have musical instruments to busk with :() , then participate in this second pro-homeless sleep-in (I mentioned the previous one , didn't I?) over this weekend , but the danger of the assailant being still there makes SC somewhere to leave now ! Again , though , only $5 now , not even enough mo-ney for 5 days ahead of a bus in WV ($17.50) ~ If there is a ride , well ~ that seems unlikely .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:53 pm

Are you really good with the guitar? Do you make a good amount of money busking? If so, I would invest in another guitar.

The only problem: It's a pain in the butt to carry around, and it's a magnet for thieves (as you well know).

I would participate in that Homeless thing. It will make the time go quickly until Tuesday.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:55 pm

...Or , yes , if I could get money sufficient to get to SF , leaving from SC .
If I got such money today , I guess I'd go- to the shelter here in Salinas thios night (unless I somehow got back to SC and could bu9y a ticket , on the 'Hound , there , the advance ticket window is rath irregularly open but I dunno about staying here with the diziness/the head-brain hurt's aftermath & the long long walk to the Salinas shelter .
This really is an emergency I really need to depart from here to SF now !
My computer time is past its half-life point , if was to get via Western Union the money I need to safely get away from SC - and yes , I am begging - is for it to be sent soon .
I'd need to hear about the detals of how it had been sent before I could go pick i0t up and start the process of leaving SC county & getting away (which I meant to do before , but after the worked-itself-out " jail " problem I) was , essentially , cashless - And then , the assaualt happened :cry: .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 1:59 pm

I don't blame you for asking. I don't think of it as "begging." If I were in the same spot you are in, I'd probably ask, too. I know it's about survival.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 2:00 pm

...I really need , whether through a ride or money , transportation to SF...I AM IN DANGER ! (and perhaps , if I wanted to try a hospital , SF would , as I said , be more receptive - Again , too , staying here in WV is not do-able , I do not even have sufficient cash for the bus back-and-forth between that (fairly weird , anyway) Salinas shelter to here in Watsonville . Not even that !
Obviously , you are far away , and cannot male a car ride available .
Maybe I'll sign ofrf at the 3/4 part of the posting team & come back later & hope that someone might have put into play a plan to llet me get away from here !
I only had sorta " rhythm/mini- " self-acc0mpaning instruments to busk wit7h ~ A Tambourine , kazoos , maracas (I don't think I ever had all three of those mat one time?? Let along wooden blocks , say , or tiny cymbals .)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2015, 2:03 pm

..I had/have planned very " practical " things in SF...Trying to get , at least early on , a shelter berth , (though with a clenched-teeth feel) , considering my health - even before this last development :( . Trying to see if some hospital (Not San Francisco general , however ! :() would be helpful , regarding my foot :( .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:03 pm

...A seemed stroke of luck allowing cheap Salinas buses up here in Watsonville has not worked out ~ The shelter was okay , but I guess I will return to Santa Cruz tomorrow with the last of my money .
Maybe I'll get beat up , but hey , it'll happen to me , not you guys !
I'd just be your adventurous id receiving it , you , the comfy superego , would just lie on the couch and chill outski , hey ~ watch the tube , play some Nintendo .
Even while homeless , there are things I need and I could youse some financial help on the ability to obtain .

MiLK
Raven
Raven

17 Jul 2015, 2:22 pm

Where are you typing this?

I'd like to help and try to make a phone call to see if anyone would be prepared to get you to SF. You will have to tell me your whereabouts and a place where you stay put (hopefully near some PC) until help arrives.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 5:48 pm

...I guess I'm back to SC now ~ If I get beat up , well , it's ME , the Id , not you :wink: ! !! !! !! !! !!
KK , I don't much want to full-time/sleepaway (" uni ") go to school in SF , really .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 5:15 pm

ASS-P just left me a phone message saying he was not in a position to post for a while, like his access to libraries with PCs and/or tablet were sanctioned/gone/ripped off. he told me to post that his other foot is losing its skin, when he took off his shoe the skin came off his foot along with the shoe. so both his feet are in danger of gangrene, he is in a life-threatening condition now. he has no choice but to walk everywhere as cops continually roust him whenever he sits down in public anywhere, this is making his feet worse by the minute. he is in bad straits. he needs help ASAP.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 11:10 pm

A place in Salinas that might be able to help with his feet.

Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital
450 East Romie Lane, Salinas, CA
(831) 757-4333 ‎ · svmh.com

They have a 24 hour Emergency center and also a wound care facility.
http://www.svmh.com/services/wound_healing_center.aspx

They have the people and equipment, if they have the will.

In Santa Cruz and Watsonville :-

Homeless Persons' Health Project Coral Street Clinic 831-454-2080
115A Coral St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060-2104
Permanent Clinic.
http://www.santacruzhealth.org

Medical Care and Treatment - Special funding is available for medical care for homeless adults/children at the following locations (please call to make same-day or next-day appointments):

Coral Street Clinic - (831) 454-2080
115-A Coral St., Santa Cruz, CA.
Santa Cruz Emeline Health Center - (831) 454-4100
1080 Emeline Ave., Santa Cruz, CA.
Watsonville Crestview Health Center - (831) 763-8400
9 Crestview, Watsonville, CA.

* Proof of legal residency is *NOT* a requirement.
This is important if he got mugged, as he wont have his cards, ID and so on.