Real Life longest best friend NT frend leaving soon.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2016, 5:59 pm

Just found out my best friend since elementary school is officially leaving near the end of July...I want to cry because I know I'll be alone though I'm happy she's getting out of this dump called Milwaukee. I feel bad because she got out, and I couldn't.

I don't have much of a social life or friends. I know I have a unhealthy relationship with phones and computers, I already feel I'll never get out of Milwaukee. Though she's a NT and I'm not and she is getting out at a great time. Jealous? Yes but more hurt because I can't leave like I want to.

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*

B19
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 5:05 am

Take care. The loss of a longstanding, valued friend moving away can be painfully intense. It's a much bigger loss than society seems willing to acknowledge. Perhaps it seems a minor thing to normative people who make friends easily as if it was their favourite hobby, though I have never seen this to be true of anyone on spectrum that I have known. Friendships are built by two people in a series of encounters over time; that they can end so suddenly whether through relocation or whatever is a deep sudden shock and a significant loss. Treat yourself with as much kindness as possible as you find your way through this and try to find new ways to connect with others when you are ready. I do really feel for your situation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2016, 8:57 am

My father, a resident of Chicago, likes Milwaukee.

The downtown area, around the lake, seems nice.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 May 2016, 10:09 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

You probably mean the east side, downtown is deader than the walking dead and not that nice immediately around it. It's honestly spooky if you ever find yourself down there are night, totally abandoned.

Milwaukee is a troubled place unfortunately, there really doesn't feel like there is a future there. I left some years ago now, I see more stuff being built right now within 5 minutes of my door than I did my entire life in Milwaukee. I guess the one thing you can take to heart is that at least you didn't lose your friend to evils that reside within this city, I've lost too many people I use know to these demons.

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2016, 5:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The downtown area is dead after 5PM, like . East side is okay. Now if you're on the Northside of Milwaukee and other places that are known for violence and drama and poverty. Milwaukee is segregated even if a mixed neighborhood is there depending on what side of town. It's still segregated and the worst place for Blacks who lives in Milwaukee is a nightmare since this place has high incarceration rates along with that.

Jacoby wrote:
You probably mean the east side, downtown is deader than the walking dead and not that nice immediately around it. It's honestly spooky if you ever find yourself down there are night, totally abandoned.

Milwaukee is a troubled place unfortunately, there really doesn't feel like there is a future there. I left some years ago now, I see more stuff being built right now within 5 minutes of my door than I did my entire life in Milwaukee. I guess the one thing you can take to heart is that at least you didn't lose your friend to evils that reside within this city, I've lost too many people I use know to these demons.

Milwaukee is falling apart. You're right, though I did lose a friend in Milwaukee in November 2015. Though I wish things ended better before that Marina incident where he died on accident. Thing is I didn't understand how a State ID is not there but his Bus card and some other stuff was.

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*