Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 9:37 pm

Lately surf the web a lot. Don't feel like cleaning house much sort of what's the point. No motivation to. Into or not into playing games depending on how I feel. So I was wondering what others do for there day. :-) I get sort of excited for primetime shows I watch otherwise nothing.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 10:29 pm

Have you ever thought about any sort of hobbies? Actually in my spare time I do watch a lot of TV but I have luckily made a few more friends recently that I go to movies and do other things with. Sometimes I will read but sometimes I am not that interested in reading. I play some video games, but I kind of like playing some of the older games.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 11:37 pm

Depending on if I feel like doing anything
I shave, read wp, read shave forum, watch whatever is in my YouTube from subscribtions, play video games, check tribes and other things. That's pretty much my horrible life besides work.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 12:32 am

my #1 hobby is doing DSP work with music- audio restoration of corrupted audio files is the main part of that. I go out most days and either bike or walk up and down the hills of my neighborhood. I read FB and WP and go through my voluminous emails. listen to music. watch a Netflix DVD when I get one in the mail. surf the web. occupy space.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 1:28 am

usually i consider it an accomplishment if i get up "early" enough to catch maybe five hours of sunlight. in the summer... :lol:

"what do i do all day?". that's a good question. when i look back, it seems like i don't do anything. when i need to go out for any reason, i usually don't feel like doing anything the rest of the day after i'm back home, unless i'm already doing something very specific (like playing a video game that takes several days, or maybe organizing my music library). or else i end up watching a lot of youtube videos or something like that (or posting here a lot). leaving my house takes away all my mental energy to make decisions, big or small. so, when in doubt about anything, i just kill time and do nothing. fortunately though, most days i stay home all day

i do freelance work, sometimes it takes my entire day (sometimes several days in a row), but sometimes i go an entire week or two with very little work to be done. my work feels completely redundant though, so it never feels like i accomplished anything other than getting it done and not having to worry about it anymore. it takes a while for me to get paid, so it kinda feels like i make money as soon as i accept a job proposal (that's when i add it to my spreadsheet) and then it's like all the time that i spend working is simply wasted time

"right now" (meaning this week, throughout the week) i'm planning and booking my next trip, which is supposed to be a more unambitious trip than my previous ones. i tend to spend a lot of time thinking or taking care of little things that i think are going to be important for my next trip (ultimately the idea is to learn to be more flexible and more self-sufficient, so being forced to think of those details and getting used to it is part of the plan). when i don't have a "next trip" in mind to fantasize about and eventually plan for, i feel kinda lost

in the long run, i intend to spend a large part of my time playing video games. i own hundreds of titles (i mostly buy whatever looks good and is on sale), but my computer isn't suitable for resource-intensive games. so right now i'm figuring out which ones that i feel like playing that i actually can play on my computer, and which ones also look cool but that i should probably save for when i buy a gaming computer (which i'm probably not buying anytime soon). just figuring that out is proving to take a lot of time. it feels like time well spent though

i go through "phases", but there are times when i also spend a significant amount of time exercising regularly (various types of exercise, but always at home, alone, listening to music)

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2016, 4:03 am

Right now mainly work, (got stuck with the 12 hour shifts).

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 4:38 am

I work, and I go home, and I try to keep to myself.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 4:50 am

Johs98 wrote:
Right now mainly work, (got stuck with the 12 hour shifts).

when you get older, those infernal extended shifts get really tough. counting driving time it was, after change of shift procedures on both ends, 14 hours I hadda be away from home on my nominal "12 hour" shifts. that left barely 10 hours to get ready for the next shift, eat, brush, shower, sleep. no time left to do anything fun, just prep for the next day.

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2016, 4:57 am

I know exactly what you mean, I leave the house at about 7:45am and don't get back until 10:30pm, during my shift I'm on my feet for 11 hours (minus 1 hour break). It's not something I want to be doing for the rest of my life but for now I'll just stay at it and save as much as I can.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 5:05 am

are you working 2 days on/2 days off?

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2016, 5:12 am

My schedule varies, the week before last I worked 4/7 days, last week I worked 5/7 days and this week I'm doing 3/7 days. I'm expecting to have a lot more 5 and possibly 6 day weeks because it will be quite busy during the run up to Christmas.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 5:21 am

Johs98 wrote:
My schedule varies, the week before last I worked 4/7 days, last week I worked 5/7 days and this week I'm doing 3/7 days. I'm expecting to have a lot more 5 and possibly 6 day weeks because it will be quite busy during the run up to Christmas.

that is a tough schedule they have you working. most number of 12s in a row I had to work was 4, mostly it was 3. so is this in a factory?

Johs98
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2016, 5:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
Johs98 wrote:

that is a tough schedule they have you working. most number of 12s in a row I had to work was 4, mostly it was 3. so is this in a factory?

Warehouse, I just think of it like so long as they give my my paycheck each Friday they can put me on as many days as they want, I know that as I eventually get older that won't work anymore but for now it suits me fine. After all I'm saving up to move out of my parents house and into my own place and that's not exactly cheap so I need all the hours I can get.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 5:42 am

Johs98 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Johs98 wrote:

Warehouse, I just think of it like so long as they give my my paycheck each Friday they can put me on as many days as they want, I know that as I eventually get older that won't work anymore but for now it suits me fine. After all I'm saving up to move out of my parents house and into my own place and that's not exactly cheap so I need all the hours I can get.

hopefully you can reach your goal soon.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 5:54 am

Admire my admittedly small bug collection, research bugs of interest, look out for opportunities to acquire more interesting bugs, play video games, mod video games, read random stuff of interest on the internet, lift weights, entertain my little sister.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 9:00 am

Johs98 wrote:
After all I'm saving up to move out of my parents house and into my own place and that's not exactly cheap so I need all the hours I can get.

That's good that you are planning such a move. It helps you stay motivated to keep going to work, and it's a healthy step for a young person in becoming a full-fledged adult. Hang in there!