worst meltdown in a long time

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 9:30 pm

I just got yelled at by my supervisor.

He asked me to write a change order for a project and told to look at what had been done before in a folder.

So I did something like what was in the folder. He sent it back and told me to add to it and make it better.

I spent half the day trying to understand what he wanted and what the the people who will receive the change order what.

So, asking an autistic person to predict what someone wants with no guidelines and no experience with the task.

So I wrote more to it and it wasn't what he wanted. He implied I was being lazy or sloppy. He wouldn't listen to me when I tried to explain the difficulty I was having.

I went back to my office for awhile, but couldn't work at that point. I then had to go explain the situation to him. he tried to apologize. I told him I wasn't interested in an apology, I just needed him to understand.

Right now I am locked in my office in the middle of the worst meltdown I have had in atleast a year.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 9:48 pm

Sounds like they should have provided better training for this task.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2016, 10:24 pm

If I at least had a good example, I could have given him something closer to what he wanted. I do a lot of imitation with my work. I find a good example and write something in a similar format, not copied, but similar.

I just can't guess what he wants without some guidance and when I did it the way he said (like some of the other documents) I was accused of being sloppy or lazy.

I am never lazy and rarely sloppy.