I hate myself because I am autistic

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

arandomguy46
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Dec 2017, 9:19 pm

My life is a living hell. Every day I'm bullied and called a "ret*d" because of my disabilities. I am always embarrassed to show my face around everyone at school, and I'm always afraid of getting humiliated. All I want to do is disappear. :cry:

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 6:14 am

Bullying seems to be an endless cycle that schools have no solution for. They've been trying to address the problem for decades but still it goes on.
If you force lots of people together in a small space for 7/8 hours a day with little regard for individual needs, I guess it's inevitable that they're going to take out their frustrations on each-other, with the one's who aren't the type to give it back bearing the brunt of it.

So many people go through it, you're far from alone. Doesn't make it any easier though, all you can do is hang in there.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 Dec 2017, 10:40 am

Let me rephrase it for you:
You hate yourself because they are a**holes.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 11:51 pm

School bullying can be a no-win situation sometimes.
Have you informed a school counselor or mentor about the bullying issues? Schools have got a lot better in responding to this and that it is unacceptable behaviour, so if you haven't bought it up, you may consider doing so.
If you're in special education it can be easier to spend your time there, with the aides and so on and away from the student body, but if you're in general population it's tougher.
I didn't have much self or social awareness at that age so I didn't understand bullying if it was targeted at me, but in a sense I did just "disappear" anyway - I was perfectly fine with spending my time alone, exploring bits and pieces of the school yard, playing with the textures of things, climbing on the fire escapes and trees to read my books, sneaking into the music quarters and playing with the instruments, or just wandering around.
No one can bully you if there's nobody there. :)
You shouldn't have to hate yourself just because others don't understand. It's just them - they don't understand.