Anxiety due to a High School obsession

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

nerdynoob
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2017, 5:36 pm

In High School I was known for rubbing elbows, not figuratively literally, most people didn't say anything about it they just ran with it but if they did have a problem they would usually let me know (there were a few cases where I would mistake someone for someone else but they usually understood when I did that it was an accident). I never meant in a sexual way but I can see how someone could take it that way. With all the stories in the news about sexual assault I'm afraid someone is going to say they felt like they were assaulted and they just rolled with it because they felt they had to even though like I said I meant no sexual harm in any way and they could have just said something to me.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2017, 11:21 pm

Do you mean you are afraid of legal action against you now based on their claims? I doubt that. Court and attorneys are expensive to get justice and you are probably not rich or important enough for someone to bother. What evidence do they have? You are innocent until proven guilty. Famous people are different you can threaten their reputation, you can devote the funds to fighting it.

But randomly walking up to people and touching them like that is not a good habit as I'm sure are aware.

beady
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2017, 11:32 pm

I assume you were a minor at the time? Was your diagnosis/es known?

nerdynoob

08 Dec 2017, 12:09 pm

I was a minor at the time, I was diagnosed at the time, and yes the legal action does frighten me. I'm mostly anxious because I'm set to graduate form college in the spring and finding a job alone is make me slightly worried but throw the elbow thing on top of that and you have yourself a nice anxiety sandwich. I have stopped doing it too. Thank you for responding.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 12:36 pm

If they wanted to take action, they would have taken action by now.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Most likely, it’s been forgotten about.