Feeling low and mixed up

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2021, 11:12 am

Not usually one to reach out but I feel like I am a bit of a mess recently. Just feeling very low and a bit disconnected with things. work has gone a bit rubbish as I have a new boss from last autumn that is trying to change what I do a bit. I get a little jumbled quite easily, and it takes me a while to move from doing one thing to another. Just seems to be the way my brain is wired.

Just don't want to be doing this anymore tbh. I walk around in a bit of a glum haze a lot of the time at the moment. I just kind of want to escape into my own fantasy world and not have to be conscious in this one.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2021, 11:42 am

I hope a good solution and outcome comes your way.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2021, 12:15 pm

Getting used to new patterns of activity , especially work can almost always give aspies cause for concern .
It do not feel normal , and it takes so long to get a good pattern established.
I hope you feel better soon . Walking into new situation s can most times cause a Aspie to become possibly discombobulated .

where ever you go ,there you are

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2021, 12:40 pm

Yep. I know what you mean. A change in routine, plus disagreeable personalities, makes me discombobulated.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2021, 12:45 pm

i recommend spending some time in nature
help you recharge your bio energy batteries

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2021, 1:36 pm

Sorry to hear, Biscuitman. Alot of people seem to be feeling that way at the moment. Sounds like you could do with a break! When are your next holidays due(I understand this would need to be home-based due to covid, but a break is a break)? Sounds like you need something to look forward to. I agree with madbutnotmad that nature restores the Soul 8).

You can only do what you can only do ... dealing with change, all you can do is take it one day at a time. It will hopefully get better with a little time.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2021, 1:53 pm

Dear Biscuitman,
Your post could have been written by so many, many members of WP.
You are going to get through this.
Continue focusing on your work.
Whatever difficulty occurs at your job, excellent work is what you are judged on.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2021, 3:35 pm

(((Biscuitman)))

I’ve lots is experience being discombobulated. It’s lousy when I can’t even figure out what is wrong. This can lead me down a rabbit hole of depressing scenarios where everything is my fault.

I don’t recommend that, btw. Just try to hang on till the storm passes.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 5:51 am

Thanks for the comments people.

back to walking everyday which makes me feel better and I also just keep reminding myself during the day that it is going to be a good day, and I smile and carry on. Seems to help a little I guess

I also told my new difficult boss about my ASD. She is now only one of 4 people who know. I just explained that I wasn't being difficult at times, I just get a bit of a jumbled brain when a lot is happening, I lose sight of the things that should be easy to see and do as everything becomes too muddled and confusing. The conversation seemed to go surprisingly well.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2021, 7:18 am

Excellent. It’s great to see the “putting things back together” type skills in action.

I got all jumbled in my mind and allowed some of it out on my team. I mention this just to let you know I also get jumbled too when too many new things come down.

Your actions give me some initiative to make some positive steps too. Thank you.