HighVamp913
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2020, 9:03 pm

Why do people put dogs down?
Because they are in pain and suffering.
Why can't people be "put down"?
"inhumane" "that is messed up" "we aren't animals"

People suffer constantly constantly. We ask to be put down yall say no. We do it ourselves y'all get mad. I mean why? It is our choice. If we just wanna go to sleep, let us. We are tired of struggling to take in another breath. We are struggling to stay positive.Struggling to show emotion. Struggling to stay away from the blade. Struggling to stay away from the flame. Struggling to stay away from the fermented drinks. Struggling to keep this smile on. Struggling to not hurt others :( Struggling to not listen to others. Struggling to stay in the present. Struggling to realize the purpose of this thing called life. It is a game. And I don't know the rules. I don't want to play no more.

Writing this triggered me in so many ways.

~I'm folding the dishes~
~Overthinker~

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2020, 11:12 pm

Because people have potential to do great things.

What would have happened had Isaac Newton committed suicide at 17?

HighVamp913
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2020, 1:02 am

He was important

~I'm folding the dishes~
~Overthinker~

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 1:50 am

HighVamp913 wrote:
Why do people put dogs down?
Because they are in pain and suffering.
Why can't people be "put down"?
"inhumane" "that is messed up" "we aren't animals"

People suffer constantly constantly. We ask to be put down yall say no. We do it ourselves y'all get mad. I mean why? It is our choice. If we just wanna go to sleep, let us. We are tired of struggling to take in another breath. We are struggling to stay positive.Struggling to show emotion. Struggling to stay away from the blade. Struggling to stay away from the flame. Struggling to stay away from the fermented drinks. Struggling to keep this smile on. Struggling to not hurt others :( Struggling to not listen to others. Struggling to stay in the present. Struggling to realize the purpose of this thing called life. It is a game. And I don't know the rules. I don't want to play no more.

Writing this triggered me in so many ways.

You have a lot of friends here.
We will always be here for you. <mega hug> :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 5:29 am

Isaac Newton wasn’t important at 17.

HighVamp913
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2020, 8:02 am

Someone would have figured it out

~I'm folding the dishes~
~Overthinker~

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 3:00 pm

There is no second chance or something like starting a new to live afterwards. It's a hard thing but people try to keep the hope for humans. It can be very hard if an animal is suffering only but most of them won't become very old either. Nearly nobody can stay at home for caring about a suffering animal only.
Caring about people is a different thing but anything then easy or cheap as well. But people are more willingly to pay that price for humans that they care about. Beside of this are there laws that people have to care once it comes to humans. The ones for animals are mostly less strict.

You need to overcome this. You will be dead soon enough either and there are people who love you. No need to hurry with this. Become aware of yourself and the ones who love you and improve your opinion about yourself as well as your self-esteem. You are a bright girl, very young and really nice. See life as a task or may be a game. Use your bright mind to improve and to become better at it. There are lots of interesting and beautiful things in this world which you don't even have an idea about. Try to extend your horizon instead of focussing on you problems only. See your fears and your depression as your real enemy and learn to fight them. Life becomes a lot nicer and more interesting afterwards. And now it's about time that you get your energy back. :twisted:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 3:24 pm

I once knew a 98-year-old who was suffering so bad. She had depression, and lots of physical health problems. She was blind, death, and was prone to painful arthritis and severe kidney infections. She was just very old, her body was shutting down but she didn't seem to die even though she wanted to die. She kept saying that she should be put down, and that she'd lived a long, full life and isn't much use any more. She called herself a burden on health care. I told her not to be silly and all that, but inwardly I did understand where she was coming from. She was miserable, in pain, bed-ridden and very weak. She literally meant it and she said that if she were an animal then she would be put down. She said that she was too old to ever get better, and even the medication she was on wasn't working well any more, she just suffered side effects like diarrhoea that she had to do in her pad (or adult diaper) because she was too weak to go to the bathroom. She hated it.
This was a few years ago now, and I heard recently that she is still alive, but obviously in intensive care. I do actually feel sorry for her.

To be honest I would be terrified of being put down, as I'd know that as soon as they inject the needle I will just go off to sleep and never wake up, and I don't know why but that thought just frightens me. But I suppose an elderly person suffering in emotional and physical pain probably feels less frightened about death than a young, healthy person like me.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 4:50 pm

Euthanasia

Capital punishment

Not all laws make sense

Doesn't matter "why"

All that matters: it ain't happening

HighVamp913
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2020, 6:16 pm

Tbh hat is all I'm saying it should be allowed To be put down.

~I'm folding the dishes~
~Overthinker~

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 6:57 pm

Joe90 wrote:

To be honest I would be terrified of being put down, as I'd know that as soon as they inject the needle I will just go off to sleep and never wake up, and I don't know why but that thought just frightens me. But I suppose an elderly person suffering in emotional and physical pain probably feels less frightened about death than a young, healthy person like me.

I'm not that old, and I have no fear of death.
But I'm not suffering like that old woman, so, no need for me to fall off the perch.

Think about what the soldiers in WWII had to contend with, mentally.
Don't quote me, but paratroops jumped out of the plane with the mindset of them already being dead.
Their aim was simply to do what they could with the time they had.
If they survived, it was a bonus. 8)

Hmmm.
I may have gone off on a tangent, here. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 6:59 pm

HighVamp913 wrote:
Tbh hat is all I'm saying it should be allowed To be put down.

You are aware that we all went through some pretty nasty emotional times, in our youth, right?
I am not invalidating your feelings, here.
I am just saying, we who have gone through it can empathise with you. ;)

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 7:06 pm

To "put someone down" based on your opinion that it would be the best for them as they are suffering etc.
wouldn't stand up in court in a murder trial.

Humans have rights and are protected in most countries against someone killing them with out an extremely legitimate and finely examined reason.

If someone wants to die, then that is a different series of circumstances, but even then, in most countries such a practice is against the law.

In one, such as Sweden, under exceptional circumstances, such a practice is considered acceptable.
But like I say this is under exceptional circumstance.

When one takes their own life, that also still is against the law, and is called suicide.

In many cases, such events could be prevented with psycho therapy, the right support and in some cases medication.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 7:15 pm

My friend worked as a Funeral Director for a while.

He said the worst thing was the concrete dust from under the nails of kids who'd jumped off bridges, instantly changed their mind, and clawed at the concrete as they'd fallen.

Well that and the 21 stone guy they had to get out of a tower block when the lift was broken.

He also said that anyone contemplating suicide should consider how they'd feel if, after dying, they went to heaven and God played them a film of all the good things they missed out on later in life.

All the time you're alive the odds will be 50/50 in terms of having a better day tomorrow, unless you have an incurable disease. If you quit your odds are definitely 0. It also has devastating consequences for those around you, especially parents or children.

I do agree that those in continual pain and distress should be allowed to choose when they die, but it shouldn't be an option that's easy to arrange on impulse. And for those with any form of mental health issues there should also be considerably more help available long before it gets to that stage.

I don't believe in death sentences but I do believe those put away for life with no chance of getting out should be given the option. That way anyone wrongly convicted can stay alive to challenge it, but those who know they're guilty can exit if they wish. Prisons should be about reform. For those who cannot or will not reform, and can never be trusted, I don't see why we should keep them alive if they don't want it. Revenge? That just makes us as bad and as cruel as they were.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2020, 7:38 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
To "put someone down" based on your opinion that it would be the best for them as they are suffering etc.
wouldn't stand up in court in a murder trial.

I believe at least 2 states in Australia allow for assisted suicide.
You just have to be a resident for a year to qualify, though.

madbutnotmad wrote:
To Humans have rights and are protected in most countries against someone killing them with out an extremely legitimate and finely examined reason.

If someone wants to die, then that is a different series of circumstances, but even then, in most countries such a practice is against the law.

In one, such as Sweden, under exceptional circumstances, such a practice is considered acceptable.
But like I say this is under exceptional circumstance.

When one takes their own life, that also still is against the law, and is called suicide.

I don't think that is the case, here in Australia, any more. 8)
But If I am wrong, and you are successful, I imagine you would be incarcerated for a lengthy time,
Six feet under. :skull: :mrgreen:

madbutnotmad wrote:
To In many cases, such events could be prevented with psycho therapy, the right support and in some cases medication.

The context, of the last few posts, was severe physical pain and failing health at the end of someone's life, not a psychological illness.
And, yeah, people with mental health issues need help, not annihilation. 8)

HighVamp913
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2020, 9:27 pm

Why are you guys living? I mean what are you fighting for? What makes you want to take that one more step? Who makes you wanna take that one more breath? :( Cause honestly I'm running... out of reasons to stay.

~I'm folding the dishes~
~Overthinker~