Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2024, 11:15 pm

Has anyone been focusing on self improvement? Despite our flaws that most us can relate to, are we focusing on our strengths and enhancing them? I wanted to bring something positive in the forums for everyone to think about. I've been thinking about it a lot more recently and thought I share.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 7:31 am

Confidence.

I have bad anxiety when it comes to driving. I've had a license since I was 18-ish, but actual driving experience? About a good 3 years. Since I now WAH and do little driving, I have a tenacity to dwell on the worst happening.

After being more or less forced (not really, I am willing ofc, but I didn't like it) to drive 3+ hours multiple times to the same place in the span of a couple of weeks, while also driving a HUGE HUGE SUV, I can confidently say that damnnn,,, I DRIVE

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 9:25 am

I'm so exhausted and anxious I'm barely keeping my chin above water, so no self improvement is in the plan for me.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 9:58 pm

Get a real job

Eat less

Donation

Save $$$

Be more social

Forgive

Don't hold grudges so often s**t

Cook more

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2024, 10:52 pm

For the past few months? Plenty. :lol:
I started out by taking BCPs for my hormonal cycles. Things went upwards since then.

I stop having maladaptive daydreams to a point that it doesn't interfere with my daily living and thought processing after over 20 years of it.

I am no longer dealing with chronic background irritation that I've been dealing since childhood. Way less emotional liability.

... Gaining an angel on my right shoulder.
:lol: It's sort of like what having a conscience actually sort of feels like; being able to rephrase while getting regulated by reason not some stupid false conscience that kept me trapped in my head and forced denials...

Part time job with negotiable schedules.

It's like I emotionally matured.
Like I got some upgrades. :lol:

But my cognition is still more or less the same. Still not very consistent due to my whining body.

As much as I want to, I'll figure that one out later.

My body for most part is still the same.

ATM, I'm figuring my physical health.
Still figuring out my sleep issues.
Still figuring out my breathing issues.

Still figuring plenty of lack of prerequisites; like I wanna work out because it does feel good but my recovery still too suck to keep at it without getting sick or hurt in the process.

Still attempting to acquire tastes for vegetables...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

26 Jul 2024, 11:15 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Confidence.

I have bad anxiety when it comes to driving. I've had a license since I was 18-ish, but actual driving experience? About a good 3 years. Since I now WAH and do little driving, I have a tenacity to dwell on the worst happening.

After being more or less forced (not really, I am willing ofc, but I didn't like it) to drive 3+ hours multiple times to the same place in the span of a couple of weeks, while also driving a HUGE HUGE SUV, I can confidently say that damnnn,,, I DRIVE

I've never liked driving myself... Still don't. I prefer to drive at night or avoiding rush hour.

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

26 Jul 2024, 11:17 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Get a real job

Eat less

Donation

Save $$$

Be more social

Forgive

Cook more

I really hope you get to where you're going. Too much unfortunates on you.

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

26 Jul 2024, 11:24 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
I started out by taking BCPs for my hormonal cycles. Things went upwards since then.

I stop having maladaptive daydreams to a point that it doesn't interfere with my daily living and thought processing after over 20 years of it.

I am no longer dealing with chronic background irritation that I've been dealing since childhood. Way less emotional liability.

:lol: It's sort of like what having a conscience actually sort of feels like; being able to rephrase while getting regulated by reason not some stupid false conscience that kept me trapped in my head and forced denials...

But my cognition is still more or less the same. Still not very consistent due to my whining body.

Still figuring plenty of lack of prerequisites; like I wanna work out because it does feel good but my recovery still too suck to keep at it without getting sick or hurt in the process.

There's so much to unpack here I'm not sure where to start. The second and third sentences sound like another level of a psychological burden. I'm glad there's some improvement there.

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

27 Jul 2024, 12:49 am

bee33 wrote:
I'm so exhausted and anxious I'm barely keeping my chin above water, so no self improvement is in the plan for me.

Something as simple as drinking water or making your bed is a small but important start to improving

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 5:30 pm

Started exercising again, got back into martial arts, found a really great school at which to train.

Completely changed my diet, started eating healthier, started cooking again.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 5:43 pm

Graves Knight wrote:
honeytoast wrote:
Confidence.

I've never liked driving myself... Still don't. I prefer to drive at night or avoiding rush hour.

I've fought the beast of rush hour but for me, driving at night is a nightmare. It's difficult for me to drive at night so I avoid it like the plague.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2024, 10:40 pm

Graves Knight wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

There's so much to unpack here I'm not sure where to start. The second and third sentences sound like another level of a psychological burden. I'm glad there's some improvement there.

Yes. Lots of unpack. :lol:

I have particular restrictions that just did not work after years of trying;

Having a routine just doesn't work for me. Even if I want one so, so badly, my body refused to follow it.
It never gave me a stable cycle, a stable sleep schedule, let alone everyday meals...

Thus, having negotiable schedule.
No hectic mornings because my body just never adjusted well every time I wake up.

Everything went good after taking BCPs.
Because it gave me a degree of alexithymia.

Why is that a good thing?
Because unlike most autistic profiles where one has alexithymia; I don't and I cannot ignore internal signs anymore like I was younger through will power.

And I need a break from my emotions, from the sensations of my body, from my mind -- I need space for the external.
A break, a distance from any of it; not suppression or numbing or hollowness.

Because of that, I also have more space to process my emotions instead of being constantly overwhelmed by my own body and whatever it was interfering me.

Thus successions of overcoming some psychological burdens that's been there since childhood.

Really wish I could've done it earlier.
Was dismissed because 'I am still young and still adjusting to life and hormones'. :roll: Waiting to outgrow through experience and time.
It didn't happened.

I'm past the line that's considered a 'young adult' so I just made a decision few months ago and I did it.

As for physical health, I don't know what I have other than my sleep sucks and my metabolism is not very reliable.
I can eat little or too much; have more or less same work outs; same results.

Therefore, no intense workouts that I really want without getting hurt, interfering with my productivity and activity all because I've been coping with the heaviness of inertia and muscle strain, and the higher probability of getting sick because of it.

So I wanted to change my diet even a little...
And I'd rather not fall into one of my paternal family's curse of being diabetic and no food discipline.

And my sleep?
I need some money first before I'm able to move back into my room and have it dehumidified.

My upper respiratory is triggered basically almost all the time due to high humidity and I live in the tropics.
It gave me more problems than neurodivergence ever did.

I already knew what to do with it, but my progress with it has been cut short by anyone who wanted the room I had myself and am forced to share with my mom who's in need of a colder and definately a more humid room. :roll:

So I'm basically just waiting at this point before being able to move forward... It's annoying.

Why so long?
Because it's complicated. :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Graves Knight
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2024, 1:04 am

Edna3362 wrote:
Graves Knight wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:

Yes. Lots of unpack. :lol:

I have particular restrictions that just did not work after years of trying;

Having a routine just doesn't work for me. Even if I want one so, so badly, my body refused to follow it.
It never gave me a stable cycle, a stable sleep schedule, let alone everyday meals...

Thus, having negotiable schedule.
No hectic mornings because my body just never adjusted well every time I wake up.

Everything went good after taking BCPs.
Because it gave me a degree of alexithymia.

Why is that a good thing?
Because unlike most autistic profiles where one has alexithymia; I don't and I cannot ignore internal signs anymore like I was younger through will power.

And I need a break from my emotions, from the sensations of my body, from my mind -- I need space for the external.
A break, a distance from any of it; not suppression or numbing or hollowness.

Because of that, I also have more space to process my emotions instead of being constantly overwhelmed by my own body and whatever it was interfering me.

Thus successions of overcoming some psychological burdens that's been there since childhood.

Really wish I could've done it earlier.
Was dismissed because 'I am still young and still adjusting to life and hormones'. :roll: Waiting to outgrow through experience and time.
It didn't happened.

I'm past the line that's considered a 'young adult' so I just made a decision few months ago and I did it.

As for physical health, I don't know what I have other than my sleep sucks and my metabolism is not very reliable.
I can eat little or too much; have more or less same work outs; same results.

Therefore, no intense workouts that I really want without getting hurt, interfering with my productivity and activity all because I've been coping with the heaviness of inertia and muscle strain, and the higher probability of getting sick because of it.

So I wanted to change my diet even a little...
And I'd rather not fall into one of my paternal family's curse of being diabetic and no food discipline.

And my sleep?
I need some money first before I'm able to move back into my room and have it dehumidified.

My upper respiratory is triggered basically almost all the time due to high humidity and I live in the tropics.
It gave me more problems than neurodivergence ever did.

I already knew what to do with it, but my progress with it has been cut short by anyone who wanted the room I had myself and am forced to share with my mom who's in need of a colder and definitely a more humid room. :roll:

So I'm basically just waiting at this point before being able to move forward... It's annoying.

Why so long?
Because it's complicated. :|

It felt like I was reading a novel about what a character is going through. You sound like a wind-up toy that never got a chance to sit down. You're body must be exhausted period.

ArtNotes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2024, 1:46 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Get a real job

Eat less

Donation

Save $$$

Be more social

Forgive

Cook more

I like this list. Simple, yet empowering for me, because I think my life, especially my mind, is too overworked. I need simple. Yet, I would have to work at this.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2024, 8:45 am

I'm working on asking people for help

I don't think my difficulty in this area is to do with my Asperger's syndrome....I think its more to do with me being neglected (aw) but it's an area that needs addressing so I'm addressing it

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2024, 9:34 am

I just did this to fix a flat tire. I asked my next door neighbor for help. As a bonus I got the Friends and Family discount! I also talked to the guy who towed me to the repair place. He was nice enough to back the car into the parking spot for me!