How do I overcome these thoughts that time is running out?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2024, 11:23 am

I seem to feel I've got this over awareness of the fact that I am a 30+ year old male and keep having these ingrained thoughts I have to a married man with kids and a place of my own to live and have his life completely sorted by his 30s and having these thoughts make me worry that everyone else is at that stage and that I'll end up being the only one of my generation without kids. I've even seen and recognised some people who even come as customers where I work who I remember from school or college and have kids with them. I also have a sister who is 31 and has a 4 year old son. I know obviously I don't know if everyone that age has kids, there a probably a lot that don't. It makes me feel as though some do because they are "have" to, follow the Joneses and have to before their biology to have kids runs out.

That's one of the reasons why I have these concerns despite not being in a relationship, still don't feel like wanting my own kids and I'm also not a woman who maybe feels the urge to start bearing children.

I even seem to feel as though people won't want to date or hang out with me because of the age I'm at even they clearly don't know how old I am unless they asked me. I still find myself attracted to 20+ year old women but I feel as though I "shouldn't" because they probably wouldn't date someone more than 5 or 10 years older.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2024, 3:32 pm

Accept that time has run out?
Much easier to say at twice your age.