I don't understand at all, Why does it happen?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 8:17 pm

So a week after my mother commited suicide, My roomate, his wife, and his wife's sister were over at the apartment. His wife's sister asked if I even went to the funeral, I told her that I couldn't get up there (As I live in utah and my mother's funeral was in washington, as she lived there) and that I felt bad about it, my roomate's wife then asks "How did she die again?" "Overdose." I say quietly, then the three of them try to convince me somehow the autopsy was wrong adn it may have been accidental, and then they proceed to basicly make fun of the fact my mom may not have commited suicide. I snap and go into my room, I lock the door and lie in my bed, I then get a text from my roomate's wife's sister telling me to "Stop being a baby and get some balls"
I aknowledge the fact that they (in some sick idiotic way) tried to help but in the end hurt even more.
I would like to know: has anyone had something like this happen to them?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 8:22 pm

rexmas wrote:
So a week after my mother commited suicide, My roomate, his wife, and his wife's sister were over at the apartment. His wife's sister asked if I even went to the funeral, I told her that I couldn't get up there (As I live in utah and my mother's funeral was in washington, as she lived there) and that I felt bad about it, my roomate's wife then asks "How did she die again?" "Overdose." I say quietly, then the three of them try to convince me somehow the autopsy was wrong adn it may have been accidental, and then they proceed to basicly make fun of the fact my mom may not have commited suicide. I snap and go into my room, I lock the door and lie in my bed, I then get a text from my roomate's wife's sister telling me to "Stop being a baby and get some balls"
I aknowledge the fact that they (in some sick idiotic way) tried to help but in the end hurt even more.

yes, I have.

I tried to turn it into a helpful situation when an aquaintance of mine was divorced by his wife. I tried to tell him 'yes, this sort of thing happens and we do have to make the best of it and go on.' to which I was told "Merle, this man LOVED his wife." Like I didn't love mine who divorced me and moved on. I said as much, but they were not convinced.

people are truly strange.

Merle

SleepyDragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 8:36 pm

It sounds to me like blatant disregard for your feelings. So what if you couldn't make it to the funeral? You are affected just the same.

Similar things have happened to me, but I have a hard time remembering the specifics. My mind tends to blot out the event afterward.

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 8:39 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
rexmas wrote:

yes, I have.

I tried to turn it into a helpful situation when an aquaintance of mine was divorced by his wife. I tried to tell him 'yes, this sort of thing happens and we do have to make the best of it and go on.' to which I was told "Merle, this man LOVED his wife." Like I didn't love mine who divorced me and moved on. I said as much, but they were not convinced.

Merle
It's annoying how most people assume that since we are aspies we aren't qualified as human beings anymore, It's sad, people need to be more informed.
I get told "Like you even count as a human being" all the time, it kinda hurts. I hate feeling like I'm not human.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 9:10 pm

People can be insensitive and cruel simply due to their own ignorance in knowing what to say and how to be helpful in such highly
emotional situations when one is dealing with grief and loss whether it is a death or divorce.

Sometimes, I find it better to be alone than in the company of such people who find it difficult to be supportive.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 12:14 am

rexmas wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
rexmas wrote:

yes, I have.

Merle
It's annoying how most people assume that since we are aspies we aren't qualified as human beings anymore, It's sad, people need to be more informed.
I get told "Like you even count as a human being" all the time, it kinda hurts. I hate feeling like I'm not human.

oh, those people didn't know I was an 'Aspie.' They didn't have any preconceived ideas of what I was or was not capable of. This was long before Asperger's Syndrome was known in the United States ( pre 1994) No doubt it was the flat and unemotional way I stated the way I felt, or the lack of or inappropriateness of my facial expression or body language when I said it. I was always an Aspie, relating to NTs, long before anyone decided to make me part of a group of 'protected people.'

by the way, my heart goes out to you about the passing of your mother. Finding your way along your grief is a journey only your soul can make alone. May the universe give you peace.

Merle

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

14 Nov 2007, 12:17 am

I would say "EXCUSE ME YOU F*CKING A**HOLE?!?!?!?! My mom just die! And instead of texting me why don't you grow some balls and say it to my face!" (well something along those lines, I understand she is not a man)

I seriously want to punch that woman! What a f*****g as*hole, excuse my language but thats what she is. Your mom just died, they all should be conforting you and be sensitive to your needs. And they say NTs have empathy! Bull f*cking sh*t!

I think they all deserve to spend one day in hell for putting you through that! I wish i could be there for you so i could hug you or something, or make you some hot chocolate! (i dont even know what you like LOL).

That wh*re needs to be pimp slapped or something.

EXCUSE MY DISGUSTING USE OF LANGUAGE! IM JUST PISSED OFF AT THAT LADY!

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 12:08 pm

SoccerFreak wrote:
I would say "EXCUSE ME YOU F*CKING A**HOLE?!?!?!?! My mom just die! And instead of texting me why don't you grow some balls and say it to my face!" (well something along those lines, I understand she is not a man)

I seriously want to punch that woman! What a f***ing as*hole, excuse my language but thats what she is. Your mom just died, they all should be conforting you and be sensitive to your needs. And they say NTs have empathy! Bull f*cking sh*t!

I think they all deserve to spend one day in hell for putting you through that! I wish i could be there for you so i could hug you or something, or make you some hot chocolate! (i dont even know what you like LOL).

That wh*re needs to be pimp slapped or something.

EXCUSE MY DISGUSTING USE OF LANGUAGE! IM JUST PISSED OFF AT THAT LADY!
:)
thank you, at this point I kninda avoid being directly mean to her, but I kinda paint her face on the monsters I face in some of the video games I play, (Which is pretty easy to do since they have a resemblance)
I love hot cocoa! X3
Thank you for understanding!

@ Merle: thank you, and I'll hope for the best! :)

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 12:35 pm

rexmas wrote:
I then get a text from my roomate's wife's sister telling me to "Stop being a baby and get some balls"

Translation of what she texted you: "I don't know how to apologize for being insensitive, so now I will be even more so by acting like this is all your fault. :)"

That, or she was completely unable to appreciate the (rather obvious) fact that you were having a tough time with things, and that it really wasn't appropriate to try and lighten the mood in such a way, and dealt with her confusion / frustration by lashing out at you. Again, because things clearly can't be her fault. :roll:

At least you handled it responsibly by isolating yourself. In that sort of situation, I probably would have isolated myself by telling them all to leave immediately, and certainly not as kindly worded as that.

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 12:39 pm

shadexiii wrote:
rexmas wrote:
I then get a text from my roomate's wife's sister telling me to "Stop being a baby and get some balls"

Translation of what she texted you: "I don't know how to apologize for being insensitive, so now I will be even more so by acting like this is all your fault. :)"

That, or she was completely unable to appreciate the (rather obvious) fact that you were having a tough time with things, and that it really wasn't appropriate to try and lighten the mood in such a way, and dealt with her confusion / frustration by lashing out at you. Again, because things clearly can't be her fault. :roll:

At least you handled it responsibly by isolating yourself. In that sort of situation, I probably would have isolated myself by telling them all to leave immediately, and certainly not as kindly worded as that.

*giggle*

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2007, 10:39 pm

I was trying to get a person to understand how I felt. I went from sitting on the couch and then knelt down and reached out for her hand. She didn't seem to be astonished I did this, as we were having an animated discussion at the time. She had told me that the landlady that reneged on our business deal screwed her over too, but she was too social to hold her to it, because bla blah loveless marrige bla bla raped at 14 going though health problems. I suddenly realized this woman had known the woman indiscriminately burned people becuse she put her own issues before the fulfilling the business deal. I was then aware that this betrayal of trust happened before she recommended me for the business deal in the first place.
I was prompted to show her how ethically wrong this was on so many levels when I was driven to go down on one knee and grasp for her hand, to beseech her of her own moral compass. She pushes my hand away and tells me there is nothing for it, this is the way of the world and she always takes care of herself, she gets repaid in her own way from anyone that does her wrong. Apparently moral behavour wasn't used or needed. I didn't know it then, but I know it now. She is not to be trusted either.

This is good to know.

I am sorry I have to know it. I am not sorry I have a moral compass that points to what would most help my karma. That is my compass.

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2007, 12:30 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
I was trying to get a person to understand how I felt. I went from sitting on the couch and then knelt down and reached out for her hand. She didn't seem to be astonished I did this, as we were having an animated discussion at the time. She had told me that the landlady that reneged on our business deal screwed her over too, but she was too social to hold her to it, because bla blah loveless marrige bla bla raped at 14 going though health problems. I suddenly realized this woman had known the woman indiscriminately burned people becuse she put her own issues before the fulfilling the business deal. I was then aware that this betrayal of trust happened before she recommended me for the business deal in the first place.
I was prompted to show her how ethically wrong this was on so many levels when I was driven to go down on one knee and grasp for her hand, to beseech her of her own moral compass. She pushes my hand away and tells me there is nothing for it, this is the way of the world and she always takes care of herself, she gets repaid in her own way from anyone that does her wrong. Apparently moral behavour wasn't used or needed. I didn't know it then, but I know it now. She is not to be trusted either.

This is good to know.

I am sorry I have to know it. I am not sorry I have a moral compass that points to what would most help my karma. That is my compass.

Thank you for the advice. I'm sure it will help me later.