What can you turn to for a boost

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 9:04 am

What cheer's you up when nothing else does. Out of all the stuff I like, when i'm really down not even my favourite tv works. Even though Iron Maiden are my favourite band, that only helps slightly. Well apart from helping others, its the one and only ROLLING STONES. Their music is like the light at the end of the tunnel. I can feel the energy pumping out their music, its so cheerful so bright, funny. Anyone who dosen't own their music, just get forty licks or something (40 hits). "I can't get no satisfaction", well I can when i'm listening to your music guys, thanks for seeing me through the dark times :P

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 9:05 am

If anyone does get a cd of theirs and it helps in anyway, please let me know, it would make my day, thanks.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 9:28 am

Exercise is supposed to help as it releases seretonin? [not sure if thats' the one,but it's one of those feel good brain chemicals],some GPs prescribe gym passes to people with depression because of this.
Maybe run/pace up and down the house,lift some weights,go for a walk and get fresh air etc?

Also,are looking for more music ideas? am don't really know classic rock,but have a few ideas from other genres that might help.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 10:36 am

thanks yeah, i've got so many cd's but if you can reccomend more that'll be great, I don't just have rock. I've got a real mixture. I play loads of sport, and keep fit. Even that is becoming an effort cause of anxiety.

feelgoodlost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Dec 2007, 10:43 am

My little puppy. This creature is my EVERYTHING. I love this little girl more than anything in the world...she is just the loveliest little soul, and she's completely turned my life around. I love waking up to her sweet face in the morning. Everyone notices how special she is...the first time I brought her into the vet he spent an HOUR (! !!) on her first check up/vaccinations that should have taken 15 minutes...he couldn't stop petting her and held her whenever he wasn't examining her. My neighbor's friend wants me to go out of town so I'd leave her with him (he's 23 and still comes over to my apartment to roll on the floor with the dog) and my mom tells me all the time that if I ever "get tired of her", that I'm more than welcome to drop her off with her. There are so many special things about this beastie that I can't even begin to list them...she's just a wonderful little girl, and the light of my life.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 11:03 am

I like the Stones too. The record that gives me the most comfort is Exile on Main St. Here are some other records that are comforting:

Roky Erickson - The Evil One
Vic Chesnutt - West of Rome
Dead Moon - anything
Beasts of Bourbon - Axe Man's Jazz
The Scientists - Weird Love
Townes Van Zandt - almost anything
Led Zeppelin (mostly because I've listened to them my whole life so it brings back lots of memories)
Haunted George - Panther Howl
The Cramps - anything
MC5 - High Time
Nick Cave - almost anything
Joy Division - anything
Rocket from the Tombs - anything
The Dead Boys - Young Loud and Snotty

That's a pretty varied list, but it depends on what kind of comfort I'm looking for.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 11:49 am

feelgoodlost wrote:
My little puppy. This creature is my EVERYTHING. I love this little girl more than anything in the world...she is just the loveliest little soul, and she's completely turned my life around. I love waking up to her sweet face in the morning. Everyone notices how special she is...the first time I brought her into the vet he spent an HOUR (! !!) on her first check up/vaccinations that should have taken 15 minutes...he couldn't stop petting her and held her whenever he wasn't examining her. My neighbor's friend wants me to go out of town so I'd leave her with him (he's 23 and still comes over to my apartment to roll on the floor with the dog) and my mom tells me all the time that if I ever "get tired of her", that I'm more than welcome to drop her off with her. There are so many special things about this beastie that I can't even begin to list them...she's just a wonderful little girl, and the light of my life.

I'm not usually a fan of Dog's but yours looks really sweet. My Cat cheers me up too:

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 11:49 am

EvilKimEvil wrote:
I like the Stones too. The record that gives me the most comfort is Exile on Main St. Here are some other records that are comforting:

Roky Erickson - The Evil One
Vic Chesnutt - West of Rome
Dead Moon - anything
Beasts of Bourbon - Axe Man's Jazz
The Scientists - Weird Love
Townes Van Zandt - almost anything
Led Zeppelin (mostly because I've listened to them my whole life so it brings back lots of memories)
Haunted George - Panther Howl
The Cramps - anything
MC5 - High Time
Nick Cave - almost anything
Joy Division - anything
Rocket from the Tombs - anything
The Dead Boys - Young Loud and Snotty

That's a pretty varied list, but it depends on what kind of comfort I'm looking for.

Led Zeppelin :P :P :P :P :P :P

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 11:55 am

Weird Al and a Hershey bar. Listen to one, eat the other. Your choice. :twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGdrMOttV_s[/youtube]

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 1:51 pm

I forgot something, cigarrettes I'm gonna have a few beer's and smoke about 10, mmmmmm!! !

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

25 Dec 2007, 6:41 pm

My bed...

It's always there for me...waiting for me when I come home :lol:

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 6:52 pm

MysteryFan3 wrote:
Weird Al and a Hershey bar. Listen to one, eat the other. Your choice. :twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGdrMOttV_s[/youtube]

It says the video is no longer available, got another version pleeaasee!! :P

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2007, 6:53 pm

Brittany2907 wrote:
My bed...

It's always there for me...waiting for me when I come home :lol:

I know what ya mean, I just don't seem to be sleeping enough lately, well not at the right times anyway!

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 2:49 pm

WP makes me feel better... Cigarettes, coca-cola, chocolate. Day-dreaming, ie escaping to another world where aspies aren't ostracized.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 5:04 pm

Alcohol.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2007, 5:36 pm

I was going to say food, but those are my old patterns of thinking. I'd have to say that the more recent things that give me a boost, are 1. Visiting my dog, Chico. 2. Working on my art. 3. Listening to The Beatles, and all the other British groups. 4. Helping out people who are in need. 5. Discovering new things on You Tube. 6. Thinking about Christmas. 7. A hot plate of spaghetti. 8. A cup of black tea, sweetened with Splenda.