Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 12:13 am

Why is it, that everytime I smoke weed, I feel WORSE than I was before?

I mean, my brother (total pothead) and my best friend (total pothead) smoke all the time and they feel great. Like they're so calm and relaxed, but when I do it, I get super paranoid, I shake, I'm unfomfortable and it doesn't even feel good. It relaxes me in a negative way.

Now, needless to say I'm somewhat happy about this because I don't really think I need weed. The only 2 people I really do stuff with do this on a daily basis so I saw no harm in trying it.

I've done it around 5 times.

I'm not asking for what I can do to avoid this, because god I'm more than happy, because I despise the use of drugs, and I've always been against it. I just felt it was nessecary to rant about this.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 12:15 am

You probably smoked too much. Some people don't enjoy getting really high. Don't smoke as much, if you smoke again.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

25 Jan 2008, 12:27 am

I understand. A major reason I've never done any illegal drugs is that most legal substances (prescription meds, caffeine, etc.) seem to give me a very different experience from the average and the reaction is unpredictable.

oneironaut
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jan 2008, 12:44 am

First of all, I'm not suggesting to anyone that smoking ganja is the right way to go but...
anyway,
I've been in your situation before.

I too experience intense paranoia and feel extremely uncomfortable around friends and people whom I smoke with. I've even been told that I act way too anxious while stoned.

After examining further, I found the cause of these symptoms.

I can not be smoking in an uncontrolled environment. Or people that I do not trust or feel comfortable around. Nowadays, I will never smoke anywhere else but in the comfort of my own home and doing something productive.

I will be very relaxed and fine locked in my room jamming on my guitar or drawing.

This may or may not apply to you since we're all different but thats just my experience. :)

Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 2:24 am

Dokken wrote:
You probably smoked too much. Some people don't enjoy getting really high. Don't smoke as much, if you smoke again.

I took 4 hits. That's not even one bowl. :(

One time I smoked way too much and I went into a crazy panic attack.

TODSKI
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2008, 2:53 am

My reactions to just about every drug have been, well, unusual.
Weed never gave me the paranoid effect. It just seemed to slow me down enough to interact. I guess your say I was Chilled nicely.
Heavier things gave me the opposite effect to those around me. BAD stuff. And I needed only a tiny amount compared to others to achieve the same effect.
Prescription ......had negative or no results. Anything designed to interact with my CPU does not seem to do what it should.
We are wired differently. What works for NT's does not seem to work the same way with me/us.
Anything your friends are doing and they say 'here try this", be very wary. Please. You cannot know the results, it's completely unpredictable.

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 10:22 am

I have had similar reactions many times. You're not alone. If it's not working for you, don't do it.