Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Jan 2008, 9:10 pm

I overload at school everyday. I keep crying in front of everyone. No one will be around me and I have no way of releiving the stress but cutting. Please give me some better ideas, thanks.

Last edited by nodice1996 on 01 Feb 2008, 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:21 pm

ok cutting when you dont know where your hundreds of veins are and with the bacteria in the world is just not good. Ok, you may be psyically exceptional, but you are not superhuman. Your opening a wound and you could get parasites or something. Somebody elses aids could get in there. I worked in the medical field-dont listen to everyone and there ignorance to microscopic affairs. Also, you *could* at any point in time that you don't know about or are unaware of have contracted something-and your blood cutting puts others at danger-innocent people. Think of it like that.

Now. The basic premise out of the way.

Have you tried weight lifting.
Loud music in your ears.
Humming.
Balls.
Martial Arts.
EXCERSISE.
pushups.

How far can you push yourself.

(sheepishly-I never cut, but always picked and watched the blood of my wounds)
When I needed a pain-I would hit my head-in a manner that was not damaging. I'm very thick skulled.

Try not to cut. For us. For the young ones here watching.
There *are* other ways.
See how strong you can be by what you can not do.

I send this with a lot of care.
Thank you for asking us to help you.

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:25 pm

Crying.
I used to cry.
I used to cry at school.
I couldn't explain that why I was crying was because of the at present miscommunication/misunderstanding the teacher or instructions ext. The understanding was right there dangling like a carrot, only missing one small thing, and I would ask about that thing, and I wouldn't get a response. I was treated wrong for asking. That is where I cried. Is it something like this or is it ever more abstract in that you cant' finger the crying point?

Sea

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:34 pm

I was also having problems at home, with classmates, the world. It was a bit much. But I hung on. Rays of hope peering through the darkness and such.

Could you try to stop cutting, please, that really scares me, but I wouldn't want you to feel like you shouldn't or couldn't talk about it. So...keep talking! It sets a great example.

I think it's possible.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 9:42 pm

also I find tapping out beats is good. stimming to sounds I can make. If it helps you cope it helps you cope.
reading-if you can find a storyteller who wraps you in his/her web of imagery.
hit the ground.
do what you got to do.
see what works.
it works best *when no ones watching*
just don't cut yourself.
count the times you were able to say no to cutting.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 10:40 pm

You need some support obviously and you need it fast. If the school councilor can't help and your parents can't help (try them all first), then you need to find someone who will. There are neighbourhood centre etc - someone that you can turn to.

Now...

Cutting: It hurts nobody but you - emotionally/physically and socially (yep - socially because if anyone sees the cuts, all sorts of problems will follow). There's no need cut and there are other ways of stimming.

Crying: This isn't going to help you and will encourage other kids to pick on you. You're obviously quite depressed but your current responses are going to increase peer problems and therefore increase your depression - it's a downward spiral.

You need to provide more info on why you're crying...

Are you being bullied?
Do you have concerns with your schoolwork?
Teacher issues?
Home issues?

More information will allow us all to help you more

If you've been noticed too much, you may end up having to change schools.

What sorts of things do you like?
Books, Sports, Movies, Games ??

and what sort of age group are you - high school I presume?

Is your school a big one or a small one? Do they have "nerdy" clubs like Chess Clubs, Library Monitors etc?

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2008, 11:02 pm

Cutting is bad. I used to be a cutter. I used to cut over a stupid delusion I had a year or so ago. I cut because it was punishment. I believed that I killed a lot of people with psychic dreams. There are other ways of relieving stress than cutting. Listen to music. Read a book. It helps me when I'm stressed out. I also go on the Internet and post stuff like I am doing now.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jan 2008, 1:06 pm

gbollard wrote:
You need some support obviously and you need it fast. If the school councilor can't help and your parents can't help (try them all first), then you need to find someone who will. There are neighbourhood centre etc - someone that you can turn to.

Now...

Cutting: It hurts nobody but you - emotionally/physically and socially (yep - socially because if anyone sees the cuts, all sorts of problems will follow). There's no need cut and there are other ways of stimming.

Crying: This isn't going to help you and will encourage other kids to pick on you. You're obviously quite depressed but your current responses are going to increase peer problems and therefore increase your depression - it's a downward spiral.

You need to provide more info on why you're crying...

Are you being bullied?
Do you have concerns with your schoolwork?
Teacher issues?
Home issues?

More information will allow us all to help you more

If you've been noticed too much, you may end up having to change schools.

What sorts of things do you like?
Books, Sports, Movies, Games ??

and what sort of age group are you - high school I presume?

Is your school a big one or a small one? Do they have "nerdy" clubs like Chess Clubs, Library Monitors etc?
Im bullied a lot and have problems with my science teacher. She treats me like dirt, makes fun of me in front of the school. Later when I tell the principal she denies it and no one questions her. I like computers and im in middle school. The school is small with only about 350 students a building.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2008, 5:43 pm

The school should have an anti-bullying policy.

Bullying by other kids should result in their punishment - bullying by teachers should result in their dismissal.

If the principal is incapable of taking action, then it needs to go to a higher authority. Write to the education minister (or whatever it is in your country). Do your parents know about this - it's unacceptable - they need to be taking action.

Is there are computer master at your school. Do you get on with them? Can you ask if you can help them or use computers during recess and lunch. Anything to get you away from the bullying kids.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jan 2008, 7:35 pm

gbollard wrote:
The school should have an anti-bullying policy.

Bullying by other kids should result in their punishment - bullying by teachers should result in their dismissal.

If the principal is incapable of taking action, then it needs to go to a higher authority. Write to the education minister (or whatever it is in your country). Do your parents know about this - it's unacceptable - they need to be taking action.

Is there are computer master at your school. Do you get on with them? Can you ask if you can help them or use computers during recess and lunch. Anything to get you away from the bullying kids.
Thanks, Ill email the superintendint. I know we have a tech guy but i can never find him. We have a policy but no one follows it and the science teacher has a good reputation and no one beleives me about anything because I lied about the science fair by taking advantage of my parents divorce and feeding them different stories. They found out at parent teacher conferences and now no one trusts me about anything.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2008, 11:55 am

You can always get evidence by yourself. Many MP3 players today come with built in microphones and have enough memory to record 3+ hours of audio. If you can record the teacher treating you badly then it wont matter how much credibility the teacher has or if others dont trust you.

I second what many have said. Please try to avoid cutting if possible, it is potentially very dangerous and its really not solving anything. If you have to let off some steam or need some type of distraction, try something unusual ... have you considered Paintball? Tennis? Martial Arts? Painting or some form of art if you're artistically inclined?

Through high school I was the omega of the pack and I would play tennis and enjoy it since hitting that ball was physically satisfying and allowed me to put out all my stress on it.. martial arts teaches one a lot of great self discpline and focus (which helped me a lot) .. and paintball was just plain fun for me. Especially when the other team were the guys that bullied me. ;)

Also, what is your gender?

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jan 2008, 9:18 am

Dantac wrote:
You can always get evidence by yourself. Many MP3 players today come with built in microphones and have enough memory to record 3+ hours of audio. If you can record the teacher treating you badly then it wont matter how much credibility the teacher has or if others dont trust you.

I second what many have said. Please try to avoid cutting if possible, it is potentially very dangerous and its really not solving anything. If you have to let off some steam or need some type of distraction, try something unusual ... have you considered Paintball? Tennis? Martial Arts? Painting or some form of art if you're artistically inclined?

Through high school I was the omega of the pack and I would play tennis and enjoy it since hitting that ball was physically satisfying and allowed me to put out all my stress on it.. martial arts teaches one a lot of great self discpline and focus (which helped me a lot) .. and paintball was just plain fun for me. Especially when the other team were the guys that bullied me. ;)

Also, what is your gender?

Im a guy. I dont have enough money to buy something like that because if i did id have to sell my computer which is the only way i can access wp in private. Also I dont have a paintball gun and no one would trust me with one. And in tennis I can never hit the ball and martial arts are prbably what i have to go with because there the only thing my parents would let me do and pay for. ill try getting into martial arts.

I can draw manga pretty well. so that might be something to to more of. Thanks for the help.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 3:14 pm

How much of this are your parents aware of - do they sympathize? Are they willing to work through the problems?

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jan 2008, 9:49 pm

they know about the bullying from peers, but not the science teacher. they also dont know i cut because if i tell them or my shrink ill be put on forced medication.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 11:40 pm

Crying can help, but if done in front of other people it can cause problems. I find that if I cry for long enough, it wears me out and I feel a lot calmer afterwards, and a lot less inclined to hurt myself.
Also, just remember: school won't last forever.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2008, 1:04 am

Yes, Don't tell your parents about cutting if they're going to have a knee-jerk reaction. I'd be inclined to discuss the science teacher with them - depending on the sorts of parents they are.