18-yr olds Which would you rather have?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

princess_1989
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2008, 1:17 pm

I would much rahter have been poisoned than get a whipping, I don't know about you guys- I SUFFER WAY MORE THAN YOU GUYS EVER HAVE- Getting a whipping at 18- COME ON! none of your problems could even match up to that.

Apuleyo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Apr 2008, 4:16 pm

Learn karate.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 3:58 pm

I think poisioning, as it would be less painful I would think.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2008, 11:38 pm

I'd rather be poisoned. I saw a mother whip her little five year old daughter, with the leather lead, that she was using, to walk her dog. I kept on screaming, "Please don't beat your child, again!" I wish that I would have gone to get a cop. I was so scared for the little girl, that I didn't think about it, at the time. I did say something insensitive in the thread that has the link, and I apologize. It is never okay for a parent to beat their child, under any circumstance. I remember when I was little, before I started school, my dad used to spank me, for every little thing, that I did, wrong. He didn't feel that he could communicate with me, through words, because he thought that I was slow, and he even admitted it, 12 years later, when I was at a reassessment. I grew up hating him, and I still can't really bond with him, to this day, because of it. I can imagine that a whipping would have hurt, at least ten times as much, and believe me. The spankings that my dad gave me, at the ages 3 and 4, were very painful. It's sad that those are my only early childhood memories of my father, but life happens, and I've moved on. I know that it might be difficult for Princess to move on, right now. If you're reading this, I feel that you should make a safe escape plan. Get a part time job, and save up enough money, for six months of rent. Once you move out, you should try to start working, full time, so that you will be able to keep a safe distance. If that fails, Canada is a very nice place to live.

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 10:13 am

I was wipped with a belt only once when I was small, I did something really bad.
Twice I had my mouth washed out with soap, but for swareing, but for making weird faces (Screwing your face she called it)

But at 18? Geez I was able to take my mother down If I wanted to, but I yelled back with remarks that would shut her up. Many times I had to stay up late to finish work for college and she still thought she could control my bedtime. She yelled at me to go to bed one night at 1am, I yelled back. She backed down.

12 Apr 2008, 3:33 pm

Can't you fight back? Every time your mother tries to hurt you, can't you defend yourself?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 6:44 am

You should fight back. You should show her, that you are no longer willing to be the victim. Society victimizes us Aspies, enough. Show her that you're a strong person. I'd even suggest that you use the belt on her, just one time, so that she will know what it feels like. Abusers like us to play the victim. They get a rise out of it. It turns them on.

weather1man
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2008, 10:06 am

Umm, just cuss her out and push her off you if she's trying to whip you. Move away if you want...

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 10:52 am

The whip. Because... wait, what?

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2008, 11:02 am

On a more serious note, my father did not have aspergers in his family but my mom did. This resulted in my dad getting frustrated and would sometimes beat us. The last time he did it was when I was 18, almost 19. Of course, I think I initiated that last one when I had pushed my mom out of the way when there was already a conflict brewing. Having said that, we now separate ourselves from each other and no other conflicts have arisen since then.