Meltdowns becoming a daily occurrence...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 4:35 pm

Today I had a meltdown because my mom was making something ridiculous for dinner an wouldn't make me anything else. Yesterday I had a meltdown because I was too tired to do homework. I feel like I'm losing it. My AS must be getting worse. Is this possible? I dunno what to do. My mom told me I'm going to hell.

turborocker5000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Dec 2008, 4:40 pm

I've had a couple of meltdowns this week. I wonder if my situation is due to my anti depressants meds... I'm on a low dose, and I've heard aspies are very sensitive to meds... but they seemed to be working well... I don't know... have you just started any meds for anxiety?

If not, could it be a cumulation of more stressful events happpening lately?
I don't know if you can private message on here, but feel free to email me ([email protected])
I'm trying to talk to fellow aspies about meltdowns and the kind of experiences you have with it and how you cope with it (I fear I may be getting them more often).. so if it's ok with you, it would be great it you could message me.

Charlie

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 4:49 pm

turborocker5000 wrote:
I've had a couple of meltdowns this week. I wonder if my situation is due to my anti depressants meds... I'm on a low dose, and I've heard aspies are very sensitive to meds... but they seemed to be working well... I don't know... have you just started any meds for anxiety?

If not, could it be a cumulation of more stressful events happpening lately?
I don't know if you can private message on here, but feel free to email me ([email protected])
I'm trying to talk to fellow aspies about meltdowns and the kind of experiences you have with it and how you cope with it (I fear I may be getting them more often).. so if it's ok with you, it would be great it you could message me.

Charlie

No meds, but I really wish I had some at this point. Cumulation of stress is a major posibility. As if I wasn't going through enough stress, from school and family, this whole Christmas thing is like dropping an extra 1,000pound brick onto the scale.

I'm really not looking forward to my Christmas break that starts next week, because I'll have to be "On" around everyone. Not to mention my brother is coming home in 2 days, and we DO NOT get along at all. If you look back at my other posts, you'll see I had a huge meltdown around Thanksgiving because I was constantly "On" and couldn't take it anymore.

I'm just worried that there is a lot of pressure building up inside, and that it will result in a MAJOR explosion/meltdown.

Thanks for the support.

Fintan29
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2008, 4:59 pm

Hang in there. I know what it's like to get meltdowns like that when it comes to things like homework or parents etc.
I seem to go over the mark of insanity, so I beat the crap of an object I don't need while shouting out loud as if the object had just after sleeping with my wife (although I don't have one). Other words, I get an awful lot of my anger out on a thing.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 6:50 pm

I get meltdowns more often any time there is relatives coming over, but that is simply because of extra stress (and my parents ALWAYS blame it on me and tell me to behave myself better, even though I can't really, they just don't seem to understand the whole idea about stress and meltdowns). I have had a meltdown every time my grandparents come to visit, and my dad hates that, and claims I should be more concerned with my grandfathers health and stop causing him so much stress... but it doesn't help when my disabled brother is making the extra stress even worse for me.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 7:46 pm

I backed into the front gate yesterday and dented my car because I wasn't thinking about what I was doing. Everything going around in my head. NT manipulation, I think. Everyday seems like a battle not to have a meltdown.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 10:48 pm

I used to have them weekly, now it's every couple of days. I don't tend to have them in my home but when I go into town. I had one a couple days ago and I wasn't sure what the cause was. It was a really hot day and I didn't like that, but I can't see that as a cause.
Usually they have to do with me not liking change. If I'm early, late or something slightly changes it can trigger it.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 12:38 am

Don't pay attention to anyone who tells you you're going to hell.

I feel like I want to have a meltdown every day too. There are these happy moments every day and then these bad-person moments where I feel bad and want to shake my baby or hit him.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 6:02 pm

I feel a lot better and collected today.

NaturalTrapist
Raven
Raven

20 Dec 2008, 3:24 am

I don't have meltdowns usually. I just get pissed and hold it in. My old psychiatrist used to say venting was unhealthy.