Another bad night, another bad day...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 3:21 am

I had a terrible nights sleep, yet again. Sleep overwhelmed by vivid dreams, and not ordinary dreams, but disturbing ones. Ones in which I find myself in distressing circumstances. I feel horrible every morning after having a nights sleep like that. I feel depressed and my life seems out of my control. I just feel horrible. Can anyone offer some advice?

Rip-City
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2009, 3:54 am

Is there a lot of stress going on in your life (or more than normal)? I've had the types of dreams you're talking about (I just had a couple recently), and I think it is stress related, though the dreams usually aren't about what is stressing me. As far as advice, if it is the same situation as me, it would be dealing with the stress, which is always easier said than done.

Another thought: I have talked to my perosnal physician about sleep-aids once, and he mentioned an anti-depressant that was actually more effective as a sleeping pill. I think the deal was it wasn't as strong as the newer anti-depressants, but enough to calm the mind down, and the side effect of drowsiness was pretty strong, so it could possibly double as a sleeping pill. I forget what it was called, trope-something-zone? I think it had a T, a Z, and possibly a D in it. I didn't get the prescription after all, though I may go back on that in the near future, so I don't know how well it works.

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 4:44 am

Actually of late I think the stress has subsided quite a bit, which is why I am very confused as to why these dreams are persisting. Of late my dreams are still vivid, however they haven't been disturbing, sometimes rather entertaining (if I may use that word).

This disturbing dream just occured last night, and it's kinda messed up the rest of my day. I am currently on meds for depression and anxiety however they don't really seem to have an effect on the sleep ie. the dreams. I fall asleep each night, so it's not a problem of not feeling tired...

Thanks for the reply though, yes reducing the stress and anxiety is probably the hardest bit for me aswell.