I feel like the loneliest person in the world

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Mienai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2009, 5:01 pm

On those threads where people ask how many friends you have, people always say one or two, even if it is their online pals via msn or whatever. I don't even have that anymore. I can't quite put my finger on how things fell apart, but they have. All I have is a family to fall back on, no partner, no local friends anymore, nobody online anymore either.

I feel totally inept and invisible. They hate me at work too.

GAH. I'm 30, how did this crap ever happen?

Ok, end rant.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

21 Apr 2009, 5:24 pm

Mienai wrote:
On those threads where people ask how many friends you have, people always say one or two, even if it is their online pals via msn or whatever. I don't even have that anymore. I can't quite put my finger on how things fell apart, but they have. All I have is a family to fall back on, no partner, no local friends anymore, nobody online anymore either.

I feel totally inept and invisible. They hate me at work too.

GAH. I'm 30, how did this crap ever happen?

Ok, end rant.

I'm not sure how it happened, it was only a little while ago that I was asking myself the same question. I'm not going to say "Friends aren't everything" because I know that doesn't help. Whenever someone has said that to me it has made me feel worse, because I know that for a lot of people friends do matter.
I've tried to fill my time posting on message boards, doing word searches & spending time with my pets. It works until the distractions fail & you realise that you are the only person you know without a single friend. Now I have online friends so I can't say I feel exactly the same as you, but I have been there, & all I can suggest is to talk to people more even if it's just online. Different things are hard for different people - making friends for a lot of people here, but all anyone can do is work at it. I know that doesn't help but it's the truth. Without trying all anyone is going to do is get stuck in their own misery.

Brittany2907

21 Apr 2009, 5:26 pm

Sorry double post.

Llixgrjb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Apr 2009, 5:48 pm

At least you had friends at one point. And a job. Just be grateful for the fact that friends and jobs are not entirely alien concepts for you as they are for me.

Catster3
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Apr 2009, 7:43 pm

for me friends are something i have always find hard to make aND TO keep making is a little easer than keeping. People without AS tend to tire of Aspies after a while or think we are uncool or whatever especially in high school where all this is so important. I am a similar age to you (29) and lead a fairly lonely life I do have a couple of friends but no one close and no one I see regularly just people I see every now and again. My family can be supportive but also cant it depends on the situation etc.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 7:51 pm

Brittany2907 wrote:
Sorry double post.

double the post double the love

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 7:53 pm

Brittany2907 wrote:
Sorry double post.

double the post double the love :)

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 8:03 pm

Yeah, I kind of feel the same way. It is obvious to me now that I am meant to be alone so alone I shall be. Though right now I am saddened, I will embrace solitude and learn to rely on only myself to get me through life. No one else will do things for you so you must rely on yourself.