Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

GoddessofSin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2008, 11:10 am

just get "irrationally" angry??? Where you aren't fully sure why you are so angry but EVERYTHING and EVERYONE just seems to make it worse and you wish life would just stop for a while and everyone would go away?

I go through this a lot to where I cannot even make the simplest task go right

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

19 Feb 2008, 12:15 pm

Yes...I get like this often. It usually ends with me smashing or hitting something. Sometimes, as you said, I wish life would just stop for a while. I just need a break from everything.

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 12:35 pm

oh, yeah.
mark (bf) just ignores me and leaves the room, which is handy. i fizzle out a lot faster without an audience.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 12:37 pm

Yep, that happens to me all the time. What I do to help it go away is remember CAT:

C - Calm down.

A - Ask yourself what you need. You can also use this formula to communicate with someone: I feel ____ when you ____. Please ____.

T - Take action. Talk it out, or remove yourself from the situation that's upsetting you.

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

Location: not in my house not in my street not in my shool but in my own world

19 Feb 2008, 3:04 pm

it all overwhelming thats what my mum says. i wish i could avoid that any tips?
nice post IdahoRose ill remember that

Paladin_Cecil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 6:05 pm

I'm like that right now.

Icarus_Falling
everyman antihero
everyman antihero

19 Feb 2008, 6:42 pm

A rage demon. I would say I have a rage demon. Sometimes I must to battle with this demon to keep it subdued; it is a bad idea to distract or bother me during such a battle, for if I lose my concentration, the demon will escape the confines of my mind, and manifest itself externally. When I am in the midst of such battles, I oftentimes cannot even speak.

This demon has never proven to be a dangerous thing, for strong safeguards are in place to prevent tragedies that I have witnessed similar demons inflict on others (including myself). But it can be a frightening thing nonetheless; like an attack dog rushing at you out of the darkness and lunging for your throat, only to be snapped back by a hither fore unseen chain one inch away from a death bite. People with quick reflexes often run before they even see the chain; and thus the attack dog appears on the loose. I name him Cerberus, though he only has one head.

Rage is volatile, but powerful; if it can be harnessed and focused, it can be used to accomplish great works. It is also a resonating thing; if rage causes your task not to go right, it will inflame the rage, which will only make things more likely to go even less right; fun stuff.

If given no outlet, it will burn and damage us from within; I do many things to try to burn it off, like using a 12-foot bullwhip to destroy things behind my cabin; I also growl and roar sometimes. What do you do, Goddess? How do you exercise your rage demon?

"Serenity now; insanity later."

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4[/youtube]Good fortune,

- Icarus growls in the darkness...

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Feb 2008, 7:00 pm

yep. also had several stupid therapists who kept trying to "get to the bottom of it."

got in a fight with one when she tried to tell me that there was no neurological/brain chemistry explanation for reason-less rage. she said depression could work that way, but anger was different and i was CHOOSING to be angry, she said anger is ALWAYS a choice.

i tried to point out that how i HANDLE anger is a choice, but my head being filled with overwhelming rage for absolutely no reason was not.

she didn't agree.

i do not think of mine like a demon, it is too big, more apathetic, less concrete. it is my ocean. always drowning me, drowning me, but never getting to dead. nothing can be done while it fights but wait for a change in the tide.

Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 7:05 pm

all the time

and people only make it worse, i want to snap someone's head in fours when they try to "make me feel better" when in reality the only way to make me feel better is to stay away from me

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 7:30 pm

I wouldn't call my anger irrational. Far from it.

I personally have come to like anger, it makes me feel alive when nothing else will. It's my muse. :D

I've been feeling empty lately.

GoddessofSin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2008, 7:39 pm

SilverProteus wrote:
I personally have come to like anger, it makes me feel alive when nothing else will. It's my muse. :D

Ahhh the anger I can control feels like this and I love it (a little bit of Godsmack's Awake and Disturbed's Alive will get me pumped anytime) however this is different. I'm angry and freaking out and every little thing makes it worse. To the point I want to drive my truck into something.

If I am lucky and can get everyone to leave me alone I will lock myself in my office and listen to angry rock until I have screamed it out of me. Sometimes my husband tries to "fix" it which only makes it worse and he gets the backside of my anger. Other times it weakens me to the point that it goes drastically the other way into a depression because it has unlocked all the demons that I have stuffed away in my head.

I have never seen a therapist because I don't feel like listening to someone tell me I have issues, I am fully aware and I'm even more aware that it is my parents fault (Look I just saved myself thousands of dollars) nor do I want them unlocking all my repressed memories, I repressed them for a reason, so leave them the hell alone

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2008, 8:08 pm

GoddessofSin wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:

Ahhh the anger I can control feels like this and I love it (a little bit of Godsmack's Awake and Disturbed's Alive will get me pumped anytime) however this is different. I'm angry and freaking out and every little thing makes it worse. To the point I want to drive my truck into something.

If I am lucky and can get everyone to leave me alone I will lock myself in my office and listen to angry rock until I have screamed it out of me. Sometimes my husband tries to "fix" it which only makes it worse and he gets the backside of my anger. Other times it weakens me to the point that it goes drastically the other way into a depression because it has unlocked all the demons that I have stuffed away in my head.

I have never seen a therapist because I don't feel like listening to someone tell me I have issues, I am fully aware and I'm even more aware that it is my parents fault (Look I just saved myself thousands of dollars) nor do I want them unlocking all my repressed memories, I repressed them for a reason, so leave them the hell alone

I like Disturbed. Not familiar with "Alive" though.

Listening to angry music is a good outlet, for my anger, IMO. Better than punching walls or anything of that sort.

Ditto on the therapist thing! :lol:

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 8:41 pm

I used to do a Lou Forrigno Impersination.

Then I tried hooting like a chimp.

Then I tried letting it out but replacing the cuss words with breakfast ceral names.

Now I just take a nap.

j2xj2x
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2008, 8:55 pm

yeah music is cool, I like american head charge.

Walking is cool.

I go mad sometimes, but my actions are far less extreme than my fantasies. I do tend to think about the consequences. If you think hard enough, there can be a reason not to do anything.
Meh, in theory.

SirJoseph
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2008, 9:02 pm

yup thats me. irrational fits of spontaneous hatred

Mist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Feb 2008, 9:51 pm

I get that from time to time. I always try to pinpoint the source of my anger, though sometimes that just makes the problem worse. ^^; Usually I just glare at people(namely my friends) and act all pouty. Then my friend Joey says something stupid/funny and I'm okay again! ^-^

-Mist