Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:03 pm

Riddick124 wrote:
Hmmm. I remember when I was younger, I was the kind of impulsive acts. We put a hose on the top of a slide with a top on it, making a water slide. I grabbed one of our 2 outdoor cats and went down with it, while wearing just swim trunks, to see if it liked the water slide.

The scratches did not go away for over a month.

One time I had a box, and I grabbed our cat and tried to box her. She freaked out, jumped 3 feet into the air (I'm like 3, cats could jump over me :P) and gave me a wicked swipe to the eyebrow. I was bleeding so much.

We became friends after that though. Her name was Cha Cha.

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2008, 1:06 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
Bluesummers wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:
Cat + Oven = :)

I disagree. The oven will produce such predictable results. But the microwave... :twisted:

:twisted:

Flamethrower is the way to go...

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:09 pm

mine has ear cancer

Bluesummers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2008, 1:11 pm

Airbrush wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:
Bluesummers wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:

I disagree. The oven will produce such predictable results. But the microwave... :twisted:

It's so strange. I'm not one for animal cruelty in any way, but the idea of a slug in a maze of salt...I can't stop smiling. :twisted:

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2008, 1:20 pm

Bluesummers wrote:
Airbrush wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:
Bluesummers wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:

It's so strange. I'm not one for animal cruelty in any way, but the idea of a slug in a maze of salt...I can't stop smiling. :twisted:

*Evil grin*

ClosetAspy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2008, 1:36 pm

I have a cat who does not like to be touched on certain parts of her body either, particularly her tail, and she will nip when she has had enough. She also gives me love nips.

My experience with cats is that most of them will avoid seriously harming you if they can help it. The one time she bit me badly enough that I had to go to the emergency room was when I was trying to break up a cat fight and I grabbed her from behind, forgetting she was deaf. She really got me good that time. But I think she immediately realized she did wrong.

Cats also have a nerve in their canine teeth that they use to help them kill prey and sometimes when they open their mouth and kind of run their teeth over your hand they are stimulating that nerve and tasting you. It is a love thing. And please, don't tell me cats are not as loyal and faithful as dogs. Every cat I have ever had has been intensely loyal to me. Even the neighbors remark about it.

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2008, 1:51 pm

Thanks ClosetAspy.
I know cat's won't harm you seriously, but I still think it hurts when she does bite.
I just doesn't understand why she sometimes try to bite if I just touch her on her back or back of the head. And it isn't love biting, she really tries to chop at me.
ClosetAspy, do you think it's out of frustration?

ClosetAspy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Feb 2008, 3:22 pm

It could be out of frustration, cats do some strange things sometimes and it's hard to figure them out. Also, maybe she has sensitivity issues (just like us!). If it keeps up or gets worse you might want to discuss it with your vet to rule out any physical problems.

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Feb 2008, 3:30 pm

I thought so, we'll let her out alone tomorrow (eek!) and she how it goes, we've orderen small chains we can have around her neck with our phone number on in case she get's lost. But that won't get her for at least a week.
She doesn't often try to bite, once a day or sometimes more maybe, depends.
Doubt it's any physical problems, as she doesn't make any sounds or anything if I hold her, just the ones that tell me that she don't want to. Not pain sounds if you get me.
Might just be her being a cat.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2008, 9:39 pm

Sometimes Peter, my tabby and white DSH, will claw me when he gets scared by something.

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2008, 6:01 am

Well that is just a reflex for cats I think. She's done that to me too.

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 7:06 am

One of my cats is what you might call "damaged" she was in a house with real small children (Children can be inconsiderate when it comes to animals) I worked to slowly gain her trust when she first came into our house, and I was proud when she started comming to me on her own accord.
But when she feels helpless (Like if I try to pet her belly) she grips my hand and bites me. Never hard mind you, just to show that she will not have me touching her there. I love cats because they are independent strongwilled creatures. They will tell you when they want something to stop, sometimes rather "loudly"
If you don't wanna get bitten you have to learn to pick up on the signals the cat is giving indicating that it might bite (whipping tail, mewling and other signs)

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2008, 7:35 am

Yeah, I am starting to learn the signals, and she hasn't tried to bite in a good while now. Even though I have petted her much.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 2:09 pm

Airbrush wrote:
.... Bite when I touch her sometimes, I just stroke her on the back and she takes a snap at me, and then I retract me hand because I don't want to get bitten. I think it hurts.
This also happens when I try to pick her up to carry her, but that's mostly when we're inside, she doesn't bite when we're outside. Probably because she has other thing's to focus on rather than me then.

Other people experience this with their cats?

She could be tactile defensive in the same way autistics are,cats can have specific parts on them that make them overload when touched,both Biscuit and Goldie are very like this.

It could be because of past abuse as well,but am thinking it could be other reasons to.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Airbrush
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2008, 2:16 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
Airbrush wrote:
.... Bite when I touch her sometimes, I just stroke her on the back and she takes a snap at me, and then I retract me hand because I don't want to get bitten. I think it hurts.
This also happens when I try to pick her up to carry her, but that's mostly when we're inside, she doesn't bite when we're outside. Probably because she has other thing's to focus on rather than me then.

Other people experience this with their cats?

She could be tactile defensive in the same way autistics are,cats can have specific parts on them that make them overload when touched,both Biscuit and Goldie are very like this.

It could be because of past abuse as well,but am thinking it could be other reasons to.

Yeah, thought the same thing too.
It might pass over time, when she get's used to being petted.