The Aspie nation-state Constitutional Convention

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Bozewani
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2008, 6:39 pm

Remember when we said what you would do?

Here's your chance!

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jul 2008, 1:13 am

What is this?
First a UN petition, now a damned country?
Guess we can go from welfare babies to separatists in 0-5 threads.

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 1:49 pm

In all honesty I would favor an autistic state however without saying NTs are not welcome. Israel is a perfect example how a country founded for a specific minority can work without excluding those not belonging to that minority. An autistic nation state would have the benefit of ruling the way we like it, including special schools and facilities for people in the autism spectrum, living surrounded by a majority of other aspies, ... but obviously doors would need to be opened to partners and close relatives of the autistics living there (without getting citizenship straight away) or to professionals where we have a shortage in the Aspie community itself.

I think an autistic state could work really, it'd be to us what Israel means to the jews. I would definitely support the idea, but I fear it is not that realistic. And where would we find free land to build the state? In any way however, I would sign the petition if there'd ever be one, even though realising chances of succeeding are very very small.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 1:58 pm

Shotgun emperor.

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jul 2008, 3:09 pm

How will you achieve this state, tell me how
Secondly, Israel regularly treats any non-Jews in its borders and the Occupied Territories as second-class citizens. I don't think you should be using Israel as an example.

crackedpleasures
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2008, 6:21 pm

windscar15 wrote:
How will you achieve this state, tell me how
Secondly, Israel regularly treats any non-Jews in its borders and the Occupied Territories as second-class citizens. I don't think you should be using Israel as an example.

The main issue would be to get territory somehow, which basically means taking territory from another state or better: receiving territory as gift to found the state. No state is going to give away territory like that, so the soil we'd get will most likely be some remote island with no natural resources and which was unwanted by the country formerly governing it...

Anyway, I think Israel IS a good example. Discrimination against non-jews exist, but in the end 20% of the citizens are non-jews and they are getting identical civil rights and freedom of religion. I think the way Israel is founded for jews but not excluding non-jews does serve as a good example of how an autistic state could be orientated specifically to those in the spectrum while also welcoming partners and relatives of autistics + some guest workers in fields where necessary regardless of their neurotypicalness/aspieness.

(excerpt from The Book of the Law - Aleister Crowley)

"Od lo avda tikvateinu" (excerpt from the Israeli hymn)

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jul 2008, 11:07 pm

with no resources you have only technical skills, that's no problem many countries are like that.
You need infestructure, a lot of you don't look like you can build houses, designing them is different from building them. With a lack of social skills, you have no diplomacy, meaning you may very well be internationally isolated, meaning you have no economy. Eventually, many people will move back because it becomes too difficult to live there. Provided you live on some island. None of you are the fighter type and I certainly won't agitate for this country.

Its a stupid idea, no matter how you look at it.
And Israel is a state that is ethnically cleansing Palestine. Why don't you just work on fitting in to this society instead of saying stupid things like this. You know, I thought aspies were intelligent, but a lot of you are just plain dumb.

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jul 2008, 11:20 pm

A lot of you have this idea that you're just like Albert Einstein, Bill Gates, and Jefferson, that's only true because you have Asperger's. A very small amount of you actually have the ability to put these ideas to use. All of your obsessions will have no use in building and running a country. There are probably zero people on here with any new ideas, only an encyclopedic knowledge of existing material, that is only so effective into today's global society where new ideas and concepts are desperately needed. The most any of you have is a rote memorization of concepts and facts, that's only half of what is needed, meaning that you can't build jack.
In fact, being focused on one topic vigorously is detrimental to productivity, the big picture won't be emphasized. Nothing else will be accomplished.

You need to see reality, hardly any of you can even handle small talk, if you can't handle how to properly say hi to someone then you cannot run a country, end of story.

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

25 Jul 2008, 11:25 pm

An Aspie nation? The first time you pissed off Andorra or Lichtenstein all either of them would have to do is send their schoolyard bullies over to kick your asses. A military with Kuwait's credibility would not even be required. Would the U.N. help you any better than they did Rwanda? That POS outfit won't even discuss Darfur in realistic terms.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 3:58 am

Sorry, but WTF is this?

marieclaire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jul 2008, 4:36 am

Dreams are free :)

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2008, 7:44 am

While the chances of actually forming said nation is very slim (similar to the chances of me winning the lottery...when I don't buy any tickets, not technically impossible but probably won't happen) I would like to describe this nation.

The nation wouldn't be fully autistic, instead the vast majority of the population would be on the spectrum, but a minority of NT's would still exist with equal protection under the law. This way the NT minority could perform various tasks (such as diplomats, salesmen, ect.) that require an extreme level of social skills.

Military forces would of course have to be run on a volunteer-only system. In fact drafts would have to be banned outright by the constitution, since forcefully drafting an autistic (even the most high functioning) causes more problems then it solves. Technically drafting the NT minority would avoid this problem however the practice would be considered a human-rights abuse and could not be used without risking uniting even more countries against us in an armed conflict.

The education system would be based around the principle that even the most low-functioning individual has something to contribute to society. Thereforth early education would be based around improving the functioning level of the student to it's highest potential. Then it would encourage students to find a career path that best fits their special interests and abilities.

Since job interviews, when applicable, would be replaced by a 1-day trial period of doing the actual work poor social skills would have very little impact on the hiring process. That and the fact the the person doing the hiring is also probably autistic at some level.

The bottom line is that every aspect of society would be at least slightly different from what we are used to. It could technically work, but it would require very intentional planning beforehand.

smheath
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2008, 10:47 am

I thought this would be about the game Nation States.