Page 6 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next

will we still be here?
bye bye! 17%  17%  [ 16 ]
nothing happens, pass me the beer 83%  83%  [ 77 ]
Total votes : 93

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 7:19 am

don't worry guys, the world won't end on the 10th :)

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

AussieMatt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2008, 7:29 am

Seriously the world cannot end. Life from cosmos and that is infinity. However that test is for experiment on electrical force, not the universe terrorism!

Dear internet viewers

The world never ends. Even if you don't use the internet and never heard of this information about it. The world still won't end on that. We are infinity.

Dear internet users

Get a life about 'world is going to end" nowadays!!

Matt

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 9:34 am

The world will end when our sun uses up its hydrogen and expands into a red giant before collapsing into a white dwarf (Astronomy 101). Whatever remains of our world will be blasted into space and spend eternity as vapour.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 10:03 am

Fnord wrote:
The world will end when our sun uses up its hydrogen and expands into a red giant before collapsing into a white dwarf (Astronomy 101). Whatever remains of our world will be blasted into space and spend eternity as vapour.

:cry:

I want to buy an iMac next week, please pray!! !

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 10:24 am

Not much to worry about, aside from hype. :) So, don't worry.

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 10:50 am

Pikachu wrote:
I still think it's mad, and evil, science **cues bolt of lightening**

Mad, maybe yes...but evil? My son has an interest in cloning and genetic engineering and upset a science teacher when he stated he wanted to be a 'mad scientist'. I myself, thought it was a bit funny. I'm sure everyone remembers the photos that went around some time back of the rat with the human ear growing on it's back? One would have to admit there is a certain level of madness to be connected with such things. This was the first practical demonstration of the new technology of tissue engineering; where tissue is cloned over a three dimensional lattice of biodegradable synthetic protein allowing the growth of complex organic structures previously thought impossible. This technology has already created great advances in medical care. Burn victims can have new skin grown in a dish rather than having it grafted from their own body...madness, why not?...evil?

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Not much to worry about, aside from hype. So, don't worry.
No worries here. I enjoy physics but do not claim to truly understand a great deal of it. I saw a documentary about this a few months ago. It was my understanding, these scientist believe mini-blackholes already exist all around us.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 10:58 am

claire333 wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Not much to worry about, aside from hype. So, don't worry.
No worries here. I enjoy physics but do not claim to truly understand a great deal of it. I saw a documentary about this a few months ago. It was my understanding, these scientist believe this same type of mini-blackholes already exist all around us.

Probably the temporary "virtual" particles that have been hypothesized to help make up the mass difference between model and observation. I read that most permanent blackholes would have a minimum radius (where the event horizon is) of 6 miles. Less massive ones are supposed to "evaporate".

-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2008, 1:05 pm

Don't worry, the world won't really end until Dec 21, 2012. You've still got a few years to enjoy your existence before Quetzalcoatl pelts us with asteroids and makes all the supervolcanoes explode.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 2:28 pm

computerlove wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I have one.. but it's a devil's machine :x did you know the first one was sold for 666 dollars?.. and the apple with the bite out of it represent the deception of Lucifer :? the Illuminati take their s**t seriously..

Landaree
Raven
Raven

06 Sep 2008, 2:52 pm

DejaQ wrote:
I think science needs to slow down a bit, and focus on helping with the problems that affect the average person.

First they should know what those are.

The funny thing is, the average person has an incredibly diverse (and, more often than not, downright contradictory) opinion about what the problems of the average person really are.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 3:03 pm

True, true.

AussieMatt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2008, 7:41 pm

- wrote:
Don't worry, the world won't really end until Dec 21, 2012. You've still got a few years to enjoy your existence before Quetzalcoatl pelts us with asteroids and makes all the supervolcanoes explode.

For second time! The world IS NOT ENDING!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! No one ever on Earth predicts this.

Matt

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 7:46 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
computerlove wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I have one.. but it's a devil's machine :x did you know the first one was sold for 666 dollars?.. and the apple with the bite out of it represent the deception of Lucifer :? the Illuminati take their sh** seriously..

what?! 8O

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 8:17 pm

there are so many we're-all-gonna-die dates to remember! ahhh!! ! *runs into wall*

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 2:30 am

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 3:13 am

computerlove wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
computerlove wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I have one.. but it's a devil's machine :x did you know the first one was sold for 666 dollars?.. and the apple with the bite out of it represent the deception of Lucifer :? the Illuminati take their sh** seriously..

what?! 8O

no kidding! :x I regret buying an Imac after I learned that :cry: It's possessed