Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 6:49 pm

I wasn't too clear about this while reading the instructions but it made reference to being able to download older games from the GameCube or something to play them on your Wii.

Can I download them onto my computer and then transfer the files to my SD card and have the Will read it from the card or do I have to have the Wii connected to the internet?

Also if you happen to know of any shooter games out there for the Wii that would allow me to utilize the gun, I'd appreciate any recommendations.

mickaelx99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2008, 8:39 pm

If your Wii is connected online, then you can download of older N64, SNES and other games to play on your Wii. These games take up space on your Wii's harddrive. You cannot download Gamecube games, though -- you may, however, play Gamecube games on the wii. There is a spot on the wii for GC memory cards and controllers. If you download an older game off the Wii, you will need Wii Points; these can be bought at many different stores. It is a card with a bunch of numbers on it. Also, you may need a classic controller to play most of these games.

As for shooting games for the Wii... I would go with Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles... and if you're looking for online play, go with Metal of Honor Heroes 2... besides that, there are no real good games for the Wii... if you want to get another game, I would suggest Super Smash Brothers... mind you, I grew tired of it rather quickly...

31 Aug 2008, 9:00 pm

You don't need a Wii card for points, you can use your debit/credit card to buy points off the Wii shop channel.

You don't need a classic controller though. You can use the gamecube controller to play the old games.

mickaelx99

31 Aug 2008, 9:27 pm

I was assuming he/she didn't have a credit card, actually. I know for games like Star Fox 64 you can use a gamecube controller, but I am not sure all games allow that, though. I remember a DBZ game for the Wii allowing the Classic controller, but not the gamecube controller -- let me just say that the wii mote and numchuk seriously kill a lot of the fun that could be had...

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 1:04 am

shooter games: Goldeneye and Perfect Dark

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 6:52 am

so, I can or cannot save them to an SD card and stick the SD card into the Wii?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 12:25 pm

digger1 wrote:
Also if you happen to know of any shooter games out there for the Wii that would allow me to utilize the gun, I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Umbrella Chronicles, House of the Dead 2 & 3, Rayman (Raving Rabbids is it called? It has a lightgun minigame)...

digger1 wrote:
so, I can or cannot save them to an SD card and stick the SD card into the Wii?

Cannot. You have to insert the actual GameCube disc into the Wii.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2008, 7:06 pm

I've had the Wii since day one, and I'm so glad I have an Xbox 360 as well. :D

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 1:52 am

Something you should know: If you have downloaded data to one of your SD cards and you have another one, you can transfer the data from your SD card into the PC, insert the empty SD card into the PC and copy the data over there so you have two SD cards of Wii data :)

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2009, 9:16 am

For GameCube games, as noted above, simply slide the disc into the center of the disc slot (since GC discs are much smaller than Wii discs). You may also want to plug your old GC controller into one of the four ports provided on top of the Wii - flip up the panel there and you'll find controller ports, as well as two ports for the old GC data modules. Nothing like playing Skies of Arcadia Legends on a 42-inch screen to make you appreciate how good gameplay can compensate for lousy graphics... :)

eddiedog8
Veteran
Veteran

Location: not in my house not in my street not in my shool but in my own world

20 Jun 2009, 4:14 am

cant do thaT SORRY

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2009, 5:03 pm

digger1 wrote:
I wasn't too clear about this while reading the instructions but it made reference to being able to download older games from the GameCube or something to play them on your Wii.

Can I download them onto my computer and then transfer the files to my SD card and have the Will read it from the card or do I have to have the Wii connected to the internet?

BTW
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/06/lo ... k-part-ii/

sqoouf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jun 2009, 2:03 pm

digger1 wrote:
Can I download them onto my computer and then transfer the files to my SD card...

Yes, you can download games off the net, but you'll need some emulators. It's through the homebrew channel where you can run unsigned code, and there's an app called homebrew browser where you can install the emulators. You then put sd into pc, copy the roms to the correct folders and... YAY! I believe that it can invalidate your warranty if you install "unsigned code" onto your wii console. It didn't stop me and my sis though!
If you do want to do it DONT DO ANY UPGRADES FROM NINTENDO - Because this complicates things. Look on youtube for loads of tutorials, and I mean LOADS!