Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 12:03 pm

On the forums there is alot of outragous threads suggesting that people might have AS, from hitler to jack the ripper to santa (no freaking joke).

So because of this rediculousness I decided to make a game, think of the most unlikely people, both existing or not existing and say why they're autistic (this is a joke of course).

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 12:11 pm

Hans Asperger - It takes one to know one. 8O

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 12:30 pm

paris hilton seems to be obsessed with dog clothing. and she loves animals. obviously aspie.

:wink:

Hmmmn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jun 2009, 1:21 pm

Elvis Prestley. Graham Coxon of Blur. Jack White of the White Stripes. Mary Shelley. Charles Bukowski. William Burroughs. Or that could just be a list of weirdos.

Last edited by Hmmmn on 26 Jun 2009, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 2:40 pm

Ozzy Osbourne, my rabbit and Jesus...

well you said you wanted silly ones...

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 3:34 pm

I think my gerbil was autistic. He'd never say a word, even when I went out of my way to speak to him. He'd try to hide when I was paying attention to him. Obviously he must have had a dislike of social situations.

He'd also cry out if he was touched. Tactile sensitivity.

He would gnaw stuff all the time, even in the night when I was trying to get to sleep. Here, we can say he had a pervasive, stereotyped interest in stimming which he would fulfil even if he was causing others discomfort with his actions (he was probably unaware of the discomfort he caused me when he was making noise in the night, because of his poor social skills and theory of mind).

If furniture was rearranged in his home, he would return it to its original place. Clearly he had a dislike of change.

Here, I feel, I have laid out a convincing argument for my gerbil being autistic.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 4:36 pm

My reticulated python is autistic, no doubt. She doesn't communicate very well... she stares at people excessively in very inappropriate ways.... Any kind of sudden unexpected stimulation makes her freak out. She repetitively sticks her tongue out. She has a huge obsession with large dead rats. In fact, her interests are pretty limited to eating large dead rats, laying around in the warm side of her enclosure, staring at anything that moves, and climbing on or into anything that looks interesting. She bit me once, but i think she was just acting out because of her lack of social understanding. She definitely has the "Aspie stare" someone described in another board on here, too.... Those expressionless, unblinking, orange eyes...

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 4:46 pm

McTell wrote:
I think my gerbil was autistic. He'd never say a word, even when I went out of my way to speak to him. He'd try to hide when I was paying attention to him. Obviously he must have had a dislike of social situations.

He'd also cry out if he was touched. Tactile sensitivity.

He would gnaw stuff all the time, even in the night when I was trying to get to sleep. Here, we can say he had a pervasive, stereotyped interest in stimming which he would fulfil even if he was causing others discomfort with his actions (he was probably unaware of the discomfort he caused me when he was making noise in the night, because of his poor social skills and theory of mind).

If furniture was rearranged in his home, he would return it to its original place. Clearly he had a dislike of change.

Here, I feel, I have laid out a convincing argument for my gerbil being autistic.

Ironically your gerbil probably is autistic. Pet dogs, domesticated cows, etc... all autistic. I don't see why gerbils would be any different :P

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 4:52 pm

Bill Clinton -- he's the "active but odd" type; has a poor sense of personal boundaries (always touching people and making excessive eye contact) loves to hear himself talk, and over-compensates for Theory of Mind issues by saying things like "I can feel your pain."

Little Richard -- you know, I mean, obviously.

William Shatner (knows what nerds like), Jesse Ventura (monotone voice), Tom Cruise (lives in a dream world (so he's LFA)), the Croc Hunter (loved animals) -- all obvious cases.

Also, the two guys who ran Studio 54 -- they were eccentric and artistic and therefore autistic. They also could only stand to be around certain people without being distressed, as shown by their careful screening of people at the door. Probably also had some ADHD issues as indicated by self-medication with lots and lots of cocaine.

Raschu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2009, 5:42 pm

Dick Solomon from 3rd Rock from the Sun, I mean com'n if anyone is on the wrong planet, than he is.

He takes everything to literally.

Has no idea of proper social behaviour.

He has the habit to offend people by saying things to bluntly.

He's a professor.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 4:37 am

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Harper

Quote:
He graduated in 1978, at the top of his class with a 95.7% average, and was a member of Richview Collegiate's team on Reach for the Top, a television quiz show for Canadian high school students.[4] Harper then enrolled at the University of Toronto but after two months he dropped out, then moved to Edmonton, Alberta, where he found work at Imperial Oil, in the mail room.[5] Later, he would advance to work on the company's computer systems. He took up post-secondary studies again at the University of Calgary, where he completed a Bachelor's degree in economics. He later returned there to earn a Master's degree in economics, completed in 1993

He kinda looks like he has a bit of the Asperger's stare when making eye contact

Also, I have read Stephen Harper and the Future of Canada,which is a book on the biography of Prime Minister Stephen Harper whereby it describes Harper as quiet, shy, and prefering solitude and such.He had a high level of intelligence acedemically, but wasn't very social.In the pics, it can be easily seen that he has the aspergers stare.

This leads me to think of the possibility that Canada's current Prime Minister might be an aspie

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

DavidK
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Jun 2009, 11:05 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
Tom Cruise (lives in a dream world (so he's LFA))

Isn't that more to do with him being a Scientologist?

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 7:29 pm

Squidward Tentacles

Obsession: Clarinet

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 10:30 pm

I doubt that Tory, he ALWAYS has this stare. <.< I'm even beginning to wonder if he ever moves his forehead once in a while... I mean, i do at it at least once per day o.o <.< Besides, i thought Aspies prefered science to economics? Even his minister of science doubts the validity of the theory of evolution.... <.< Should speak volumes.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 12:05 am

He has been criticized in past elections by the media for being too "rigid" and "cold".The reason Harper went into economics was because he preferred that instead of accounting because at the time, he didnt really enjoy the whole having to deal with people when it came to accounting.His father was an accountant.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 12:09 am

If Harper is an aspie, it would be interesting because then it would throw everything into the faces of those at autism speaks.It would be a wake up call, that not all aspies or auties are incapable of doing great things.If an aspie can successfully run for office and lead a country, then autism speaks can't say autism is horrible all the time and it would give hope to families with AS children, that they are full of potential.

And if it is proven that harper is not AS, then I might look at running for Parliament in a few years, and being a voice for those on the spectrum by representing them in the House of Commons as a Member of Parliament.