Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PatientZero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Sep 2009, 2:53 pm

Now, I've noticed that a lot of people here have an obsession with serial killers and I do too, but I want to know why you do.

For me, it's because I'm interested in the human mind and like to know WHY they do what they do, and the whole good/evil aspect and also I've noticed in interviews they see the world as I do.

So what are your reasons?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Sep 2009, 3:11 pm

Do you mean Cereal Killers, or Serial Killers? the topic title says Cereal.
I like Cereal Killers. They destroy evil gluten! :twisted:

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 3:39 pm

Quote:
I like Cereal Killers. They destroy evil gluten!
:lol:

As long as they destroy the lactose too!! !

But I digress....

I don't have an obsession with serial killers, however I do have obsessions with things that others find a little disturbing including burnt out buildings (or buildings on fire), derelict buildings and the town of Pripyat in Ukraine (near where the Chernobyl power plant was) which is now a ghost town because everyone left due to the radiation. I don't know why I am obsessed with these things though. I too am interested in people's thought processes, especially people who do strange things/act odd.

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 6:20 pm

I've gone through this one too! A short but intense obsession a few years ago that lasted about 6 months and I've never really gone back to it, which I'm glad about, really, due to the general unpleasantness.

My interest was mainly a fascination in the methods of detection, in solving puzzles, the 'whodunnit' aspect. The crimes themselves horrify me, I have no sympathy for the perpetrators. The unsolved ones were the ones I was initially interested in, naively trying to develop my own theories on Zodiac, Jack The Ripper, Black Dahlia etc I often wish I'd been a forensic scientist...

Over time, I did get interested in the psychological side of the killers too. Mainly in the 'psychological profiling' that goes on and is really quite advanced these days.

27 Sep 2009, 7:37 pm

I like cereal.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 8:45 pm

I like the image of breakfast mascots going on killing rampages...

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term therapists - that I am an anxious and highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder.

My diagnoses - social anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

MrVulcan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2009, 8:53 pm

I think these guys are definitely cereal killers. LOL!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSqYBhvjr1c

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 9:06 pm

PatientZero wrote:
Now, I've noticed that a lot of people here have an obsession with serial killers and I do too, but I want to know why you do.

For me, it's because I'm interested in the human mind and like to know WHY they do what they do, and the whole good/evil aspect and also I've noticed in interviews they see the world as I do.

So what are your reasons?

Same as yours. I was incredibly fascinated with them years ago, to the point where I took a criminology class and a Criminal Justice Seminar at university, just for s**ts and grins...

Actually, if I weren't so flippin' squeamish (and weren't learning disabled in math), I'd probably have gotten into forensics. :?

~Steve Jobs

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 9:27 pm

No such obsession here.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 1:54 am

I had an obsession with murders at one point. I read exclusively mystery books for a long time too. Still interested in it but not obsessed... as for why I have no idea.

surchir
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2009, 1:56 am

I have to say I do have a pretty morbid imagination and do like some morbid music: ICP: Tilt-a-whirl, the tower, still stabbing, my axe, mr. happy, halls of illusion, boogie wuggie wu. I think the ICP stuff says enough. In generally I have a semi-facination with horror core music. As for serial killers, I mean there is Ed Gein, for live killers, but we I thinking about it I think more like along the lines of science fiction ones or just crazy people like ghost face, or the saw guy, Freddy (Then again that may be movie tribute to Ed, I mean he was a well-rounded serial killer, you name it he did it). In generally though when I think about it I think about serial killers though I think of the gould on star gate more specifically ba'al.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 2:16 am

Front Page Headline:

Quote:
"Cereal Killers - Froot Loops Toucan and and Lucky Charms Leprechaun face charges in murder for hire scheme involving love triangle between Toucan, Frosted Flakes Tiger, and Captain Crunch"

Toucan says cat hair in the Crunchberries was "last straw"

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 3:35 am

I am murdering a a box of AllBran Strawberry Medley, with a nice chianti

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 7:50 am

Too Much Joy, anyone?

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2009, 9:24 am

anneurysm wrote:
I like the image of breakfast mascots going on killing rampages...

Personally I worry about the "trix" rabbit - if anyone of them were to have a psychotic break, it would be that guy... :wink:

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2009, 9:44 am

no. serial killers are usually sick, insane, mentally ill, BUT

what DOES fascinate me are soldiers, rebels of civil wars or other wars
these are usually normal people thrown into a serial-killing-scenario