How many of you here actually hate cigarettes?

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Do you hate cigarettes?
Yes 73%  73%  [ 64 ]
NO 27%  27%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 88

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 4:15 pm

I'm half and half on the smell. My grandfather smoked so much (well, my maternal grandparents both did too, but I didn't know them) that it's gotten to the point where I associate the smoke with him. I didn't dump out his ashtray for a couple of weeks after he died. On the other hand, my godfather smokes, and that really irritates me; the smoke smells different and bad to me. I'm not sure if that's an actual difference (they used different brands) or just a sentimental difference, as I loved my grandfather, and I don't like my godfather.

That being said, I'll never smoke myself. It's just not appealing to me, and I don't want to expose the ones I love.

Three years!

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2010, 6:30 pm

I like them, but I can't stand smoking in a closed room or car.

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2010, 8:29 pm

I hate cigarettes because if you want to kill yourself, do it alone away from anybody.

beejay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 May 2010, 8:26 pm

I used to smoke occasionally, but I have grown to hate the smell, especially indoors. That smell never goes away.

My fellow Americans. As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball; but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 8:30 pm

I hate it when the person in front of me is smoking and the wind is blowing backwards.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 11:11 pm

Yes I do. My grandfather died from on his second, and final lung. The boss I had in my last job had heart surgery, and health problems, but was addicted to ciggaretts. My mother's coworker has health problems, and smokes. A women I met lost some of her voice to smokeing. Her vocal sound was heavy and scratchy. I have also seen a vocal implant before.

I have taken at least 9 puffs in my life time, but don't smoke. The first time I came across smokers, I was 11 or so. The noise of the chearing public was of course driveing me bonkers, and I wanted to get out of that room full of loud people. Unfortunatly, it was cold outside, and the smokers decided to smoke in the hallway! :? 'sigh' Smokers were up and down it.

Not long after we left, my left lung had a sharp pain in it, and I had trouble breathing from the stab feeling for a couple of seconds. Not long but, ugh! It didn't feel good.

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 3:14 am

I hate cigarettes. SOOOOOO gross......

Wofl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jun 2010, 5:11 am

Tobacco smoke gives me a bad headache even if surrounded by enough passively, used to smoke cigs at 14 but quit at 16. Took up smoking grass at 18 and though I got more out of it the couple of times I tried it when I smoked cigs it was still largely just the addition of the nicotine rush. Now just smoke pure.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Jun 2010, 9:42 pm

I despise cigarette smoke with a PASSION! I think it irritates my head more than any other combustion smoke, and it makes people who smoke, smell like they died some time last summer. Enough to lose my lunch. If anyone smokes, please don't expect me to come near you or be polite about it if you come stuff yourself too close to me.

Charles

NeverEnder
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2010, 2:36 am

Love cigarettes (until I stop smoking them).

And I'll be your ghost.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 8:59 am

I depise cigarettes, my whole family used to smoke in the house, and I would stay in my room. Now they go outside!

AutisticFollower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2010, 9:17 am

I am totally anti-vice behavior. I am totally against myself using cigars and alcohol. I want to concentrate more on being a fitness nut and prolonging my life span.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 11:28 am

I can't stand them. A deadly, expensive drug with no high whatsoever? Somehow it never appealed to me.

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2010, 12:42 pm

I can't stand the smell of cigarettes. What's the appeal? Spend a ton of money on tobacco companies to give yourself lung cancer? Bleck. I run from smokers.

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jun 2010, 5:34 pm

I hate the smell of smoke and I'm not going to start on the detrimental effects on the body because everyone knows them anyway (RIGHT?!). I can't ever see myself trying it, if only because I know I have an obsessive and addictive personality and would cling to it like velcro.

Also being in a secondary school, so pretty much being around so many people on a regular basis who smoke purely because they think it's cool (I've actually gotten flak for not smoking once :|) is very irritating.

the sad thing is, in some very rare cases, mainly in flashed up and shined photo shoots, smoking actually does sometimes look pretty sexy. :?

edcop100
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2010, 9:17 pm

I work at a supermarket. I hate cigarettes cause I have to leave my register and haul my ass to the customer service desk to pick them out for people. The whole cancer thing is a major downer too