Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Pyrrho
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 May 2011, 12:02 am

One word: Neoteny Probably also a cause of autism.

Bias alert: I'm Asian myself. I also think Scandinavian men are the most attractive men - men with highly pedomorphic/neotenic features.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 12:07 am

It's probably all a matter of personal preference. For me, I'm not super attracted physically to Asians women but I'd still consider gong out with one.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Pyrrho
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 May 2011, 12:15 am

John_Browning wrote:
It's probably all a matter of personal preference. For me, I'm not super attracted physically to Asians women but I'd still consider gong out with one.

All values are a matter of personal preference, but values are not random - especially ones concerning human physical appearance. There is STRONG selection for certain physiomorphic features and attraction to those features.

Even people who are not sexually engaged by Asians will usually regard them as cuter. It's pretty much universal across every test ever done that N. Europeans and Asians score highest on physical attractiveness.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 12:15 am

My first reaction was that I don't find neotenous traits attractive. Quite the opposite. But you didn't say attractive, you said cute. I would agree with cute. :lol:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 12:52 am

I find people of Asian origin to be very cute and highly attractive. I am envious of their beautiful features and sometimes I wish I could have been born Asian myself (I'm white... well 75% white and 25% Native American).

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 5:57 am

Asian is a bit of a broad term. Even within one country in Asia, you can get quite a few different types of looks. I don't think many Japanese people look similar to people from Pakistan, or Nepal, or Iraq.

I am generally attracted to tallish men, with dark hair and eyes. So I imagine I would find some Asian men attractive, and others less so.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 5:58 am

IdahoRose wrote:
I find people of Asian origin to be very cute and highly attractive. I am envious of their beautiful features and sometimes I wish I could have been born Asian myself (I'm white... well 75% white and 25% Native American).

There seem to be a lot of people on WP who have a Native American background. I hadn't realised how common it was.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 7:58 am

I've never actually got to know an asian very well, and as for the definition of an asian Henbane is right. Actually, I take back everything I just said. I know well people of indian origin/ancestry (indian from India, not from Native America). Does that count as asian? IDK. But the common Asian type (the cheinese/japanese type) never known one although I've seen one before. One thing tho how can you asians in Japan or say china can tell between yourselves I mean when I see a large group of asians on TV they all look the same ;)

I guess tho I need to get to know a person fisrt and not think oh all asians are this and that, all americans are this and that, etc. etc.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 11:32 am

I find asian girls amongst the most attractive because their facial features and body shape almost always are very graceful... its a symmetry that is hard to find in women from other parts of the world. The eye shape is also very attractive but not because it is the stereotypical 'asian' eye but rather because it is much closer to an almond shape type of eye which to me is the absolute most attractive eyes there are. Very few white girls have such a shape but most asians come close to it (and some DO have it). In fact, most girls that are the product of interracial couples white+asian have the almond shaped eyes.

I guess its a competition between the symmetry/features that I find intensely attractive... most asian girls tend to have most of them while white girls rarely exhibit one or two.

Now if I could find a natural redhead asian-features girl with blue or green eyes... :heart: :mrgreen: :chin:

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 11:44 am

Well, if we're counting Indians and Persians, I do find Asians attractive. But they aren't neotenous, so I don't think that's who the OP meant. :-)

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 11:46 am

Chummy wrote:
I've never actually got to know an asian very well, and as for the definition of an asian Henbane is right. Actually, I take back everything I just said. I know well people of indian origin/ancestry (indian from India, not from Native America). Does that count as asian? IDK. But the common Asian type (the cheinese/japanese type) never known one although I've seen one before. One thing tho how can you asians in Japan or say china can tell between yourselves I mean when I see a large group of asians on TV they all look the same ;)

India is in Asia.

This post seems to be referring to East Asia.

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/asia.htm

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 11:57 am

Pyrrho wrote:
One word: Neoteny Probably also a cause of autism.

This is why I think that autism is because of a reduction in adrenal production. (Edit2: By the way, this would be the cause of neoteny and of autism, rather than neoteny causing autism. Domestic foxes display neoteny and it's been found that they have reduced adrenal production)

Edit: Though reading about the ability to learn as a neoenous trait is rather interesting (it is true that most people find that, as they get older, it gets more difficult to learn).

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 1:01 pm

According to my sociology classes (if i remember correctly), neoteny is also what is pursued when women put on mascara and lipstick. It is supposedly to appeal to that "cute" aspect that a newborn gives off. <.< Hrmph.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 1:21 pm

[opinion]

I like Asian women because they tend to be more petite, hard-working, honest, intelligent, and healthy than anglo-American women.

They also tend to remain "pretty" longer than their anglo-American counterparts. I've danced with some Asian grandmothers in their 60s who seemed 20-30 years younger than their chronological age, even up close (and they had some real moves!).

And when they smile, they really smile! Nothing like that half-curved lip (more like a sneer) that anglo-American women seem to practice out of fear of ever looking as if they enjoy anything; it is more like every muscle in an Asian woman's face and body lights up with enthusiasm.

Speaking of enthusiasm, the intimate moments that I've shared with Asian women were nothing less than fantastic! This is in sharp contrast to the anglo-American women, who all seemed to act as if they were merely fulfilling an obligation.

[/opinion]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Peeled_Lemon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2011, 2:54 pm

I live and teach in Asia and I don't find Asian people 'cuter'. The reason you think they are is simply because only the most attractive people are chosen to be in magazines and on TV, much like only skinny or muscle-ridden white people are. Asian people can be dumpy, spotty, have bad teeth, bad hair, or be overweight just like the rest of us. Advertising chooses the best of them, and so you think they are. They do tend to be skinny, I'll give you that, but diabetes is up in Asia because healthy eating isn't. The kids I teach have mouthfuls of silver because their baby teeth have been pulled out due to rot, and parents who think nothing of stuffing hamburgers into them for breakfast while their grandparents have the sun-dried skin of farmers the world over. Food is cheap but so is MSG, and do you really want to know the living conditions of the chicken that costs two dollars to buy? Generalisations are nothing but unhelpful pieces of silliness that come close to the racism of earlier generations and the explanations of exactly why black people made better slaves than white people.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2011, 3:24 pm

^It does feel a bit like that to me as well. Not necessarily this thread, as the OP is Asian. But some people border on fetishism with Asians. It's kind of creepy.