Celebrity NTs get paid to be themselves, ASpies get nothing

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Dec 2011, 10:10 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Where is that god-awful under-da-bridge smell coming from?

its probably you foo

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

14 Dec 2011, 10:15 pm

Panic wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:

its probably you foo
Foo? Like foofy hair? *pats head to feel for foofy hair* Nope, no foo here!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 12:19 am

I have a very deep personality. It's called being myself by being a Kinks Fan.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 12:23 am

Panic wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
I don't know about you, but I'm dripping with swag.

Also, there are Aspie celebrities too. Stop trying to project all your insecurities onto everyone.

you are a mirror of me buddy, sitting on your @ss on your laptop all day...yeah.

That means nothing. He still has a personality. We all have personalities. I have a personality and it shows in my avatars.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 12:26 am

Autism Speaks does not speak for me.

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 1:36 am

I know that I have a personality. The few people that have really gotten to know me have told me that I have a wonderful personality and a great sense of humor. People think that my honesty is very funny. Yes, Aspies most definitely have personalties.
Many of us have real talents too. Right now I have been a pretty good nature photographer. I used to be a pretty good artist too. I won a couple of art contests in school so don't say we don't have talents. I have seen some very good artists right here on wrong planet.
I'm certain that you have a personality too and you probably have a talent that you have yet to find.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

ActingUpAgain
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2011, 9:04 am

I totally reek of awesomeness! I eat live toads every morning so that nothing else can be as bad as that the rest of the day! I piss glacier water and poop out lightning and sunshine!

Where did you go wrong?

Pardon me - my harem is calling...

Officially diagnosed autistic. September 2023, suspected since 2010.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 11:08 am

There are plenty of people on the spectrum who have made lots of money and who have made a good name for themselves.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 11:10 am

SyphonFilter wrote:
Panic wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:

its probably you foo
Foo? Like foofy hair? *pats head to feel for foofy hair* Nope, no foo here!

Lawl, you funny!

@OP if you want to generalize go ahead, but that just means 1 more person spouting BS on the forums. If I had no personality, like you say all of us on the spectrum do, then I am a zombie that sits at my PC 24/7... realize the complete improbability of that before saying complete BS like that. (And yes i've been far more combatitive than usual on the forums lately due to the mass invasion of BS recently (ive also notice it always spikes at around this time of year). My detector has been going off way too much lately, and I guess I might just take another break from the forums and hope that the problem rectifies itself, because if not... yet more faith in humanity lost.)

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 3:10 pm

Anyone observing my daughter will say she just oozes personality, a great deal more than an average 6yr old girl. Just today, two complete strangers commented on her happy and enthusiastic demeanor.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 4:55 pm

Panic wrote:
Celebrity NTs get paid to be themselves, ASpies get nothing to be themselves but a smack to the back of the head.

There are only a few celebrities who get paid to be themselves. The rest are required to do something specifically entertaining such as act or sing.

Quote:
NTs have very deep personalities, Aspies dont have personalities and are outcasted, no offense just talking reality here.

All vertebrates have a personality. Octopuses (octopii??) also have personalities but I think they are unique among the invertebrates.

Quote:
Also these so called "talents" aspies claim to have, NTs can master easily.

It depends on the talent, and the NT. If the talent is non-savant, then specific NTs will be able to master it too. If it is savant, then no.

Quote:
Most NTs that are professionals have these "talents" AND all the perks and pluses of being an NT.

Depends on the professional. Depends on the talent.

Quote:
NTs can play ball, program computers, hit a target a mile away, fly planes, operate heavy machines, create humor, wealth, and everything under the sun,

I can't do any of those things, but I am NT. Some Aspies can do those things. Some can't. Some NTs can. Some can't. These things do not seem to be an area of difference between AS and NT and thus are not in the DSM.

Quote:
Aspies claim they have these inherent abilities but in reality NTs can do anything they can and most likley better.

I haven't seen such claims.

Quote:
1 in a thousand autistics have this super savant ability, maybe more like one in a million, the stories on the news are very rare. And even if so, the talent is taken advantage by the NTs anyway.

Super savant ability is quite rare.The reason it amazes NTs is because we don't have it either. But super savantism isn't mandatory for having talent. One can have a talent or a knack for something or a skill etc. etc. ect. regardless of neurology.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 5:10 pm

I've never in my life met someone who doesn't have a personality. It's impossible not to, unless you're brain dead. Silly statement is silly.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Dec 2011, 7:58 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:19 pm

The op is correct , the truth hurts doesn't it ?

I even listed by NT definitions of (wont list them all ) of what "fun" is such as going to "fun" parks and watching frightend and dispiriated animals preform on command mindlessly cheering as they chow down their $22 misery burgers yes meat is murder,

I had a aspie women accuse me of been a charmer :D , and the reasons I listed was the reason she didn't like hanging out with autistics she said they never want to do what normal people want to do . :P

If autistics don't like to hang out with autistics what does that tell you

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:25 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
The op is correct , the truth hurts doesn't it ?

I even listed by NT definitions of (wont list them all ) of what "fun" is such as going to "fun" parks and watching frightend and dispiriated animals preform on command mindlessly cheering as they chow down their $22 misery burgers yes meat is murder,

I had a aspie women accuse me of been a charmer :D , and the reasons I listed was the reason she didn't like hanging out with autistics she said they never want to do what normal people want to do . :P

If autistics don't like to hang out with autistics what does that tell you

I have yet to see an NT to a lot of things I can do.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:48 pm

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 19 Apr 2012, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.