Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

dancinonwater
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Feb 2012, 10:51 pm

My school chorus is going to NYC to see a show on Broadway, as well as going shopping and to dinner. I am really excited, but also feeling REALLY anxious. My anxiety and OCD have been flaring up the past few days, and I am freaking out!
I have a few questions, and would also just like some words of encouragment.

What should I bring with me? I just cant decide what I'll need- what size bag, what possible in-case-of-emergency supplies I might need like hand sanitizer, safety pins, hairties, etc. I know I shouldnt bring too much, but I don't want to not have everything I need!

What shoes should I wear? I want to be comfortable walking, but I'm worried that my Uggs look too much like duck feet, and are not fancy enough, and my flats make my feet smell gross, and my sneakers give me blisters. I want to wear my high healed boots, but what if a heel breaks or something?

What clothes should I wear? I want to be cute, but also warm enough, but I don't want to carry a sweater around everywhere if I don't need to.

Who should I tell about my anxiety disorders? I will be in a group with a few of my friends and one of their moms, and I'm just worried that I might have a panic attack or something. Also, how do I tell them? Like what should I say?

What should I do if I get really anxious and panic? I'm just worried, and I want to have a plan in case.

How much money should I bring? We are going out to an expensive restaurant (that will cost about $50), and shopping at saphora and h&m, but I'm not like super rich, but I do have some money from christmas.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I just want to get through this, and actually enjoy myself! I'm sorry it's such a long post, I'm just really freaking out!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Mar 2012, 7:38 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

dancinonwater
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2012, 8:47 pm

The field trip is tomorrow, and I really need help and support! Please, even if you only answer one of my questions, that would be greatly appreciated!! !! !

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 9:35 pm

You'll be fine. Try to enjoy the company of your friends. They will help you. I hope you have a wonderful trip.