Do you make a big deal out of New Years Eve?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 5:48 pm

Nope, not at all. Never seen the fuss really. Nothing much on the TV this year, so I'm currently just watching some old New Year Specials with some food and will be watching some crappy TV shortly in the company of some of my family.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

31 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
My parents are a little more traditional and my Dad will open the front door, just as the bells start, to let the old year out and the new year in.
Ooh, flashback to something I've not remembered for years - my mother used to do that, bless her. :lol:
Here, I do nothing - except curse quietly as the fireworks kick off outside.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 8:07 pm

yeah because i see that other autistic people are like "what is the point i dont like it" etc. so i like to be really cool and edgy as hell and stand out from the crowd of people who already stand out if you catch my drift
so basically i like new years to feel good about myself

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

01 Jan 2013, 4:04 am

I never did & my parents don't either. They always went to bed a while before midnight because they like staying on schedule. I never went to any New Year's parties & never been invited to any tilll my aunt invited us for the one she had tonight but I didn't go. I spent New Year's on comp watching Cartoon Network's Adult Swim with my girlfriend :D

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:16 am

I didn't know it was this year until I was reminded. Just another day.

Not like birthdays and Christmas to me (I don't like Easter though, as I'm afraid of the Easter Bunny).

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:38 am

Hello. Happy New Year.

I think in my country (not where I am now), new year's eve and new year's day are the biggest or most celebrated days. Or at least I feel so from my experience. It feels like a special moment when everybody is awake at midnight. I like it. I tried to call my parents to say happy new year at around 12:30am their time, but they were already sleeping.

I spent new year's eve to new year's day by myself, eating, drinking (coffee/tea etc), WPing and relaxing in an air-conditioned room. I like it that way. I don't crowded places where there could be drunk dangerous people.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 4:47 am

Not really. First time I ever really celebrated it was when I was ten and we had party hats, whistles and balloons and that was it. Then after that it was just staying up late and watching it on TV on Nickelodeon. Then it was seeing the fireworks in town. Now I just do my normal things at home. Watch TV and do the computer. I did hear the fireworks and they annoyed me a little bit. But they are over now and am so glad they are.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 6:21 am

Well, back in the day I used to DJ for New Year's Eve parties every year. Actually, this is the first year I haven't done that since I was 18. I still listened to some music though, and visited with my mom and a couple of neighbors who stopped in to see me for a while. It was a very pleasant evening, and a lot less stressful than in years past. :)