Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projection, OBEs, etc.

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

521base10
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jul 2011, 3:41 pm

I used to have lucid dreams when I was a young child many years ago. I used to dream that I was trapped in a boring dream that seemed to be going on for ever. The only way I could get out of these dreams was to pluck up the courage to jump down the stairs in my dream. I would always wake up before I landed.

As I look back, my dreams seem to be like how I am employed: Going from one boring job to another as I take a leap of faith by leaving jobs out of boredom for new work just to keep me interested.

Raven_Morris
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

521base10 wrote:
I used to have lucid dreams when I was a young child many years ago. I used to dream that I was trapped in a boring dream that seemed to be going on for ever. The only way I could get out of these dreams was to pluck up the courage to jump down the stairs in my dream. I would always wake up before I landed.

As I look back, my dreams seem to be like how I am employed: Going from one boring job to another as I take a leap of faith by leaving jobs out of boredom for new work just to keep me interested.

I have had hundreds of dreams where I consciously chose to wake myself up, usually by leaping off a high place. I would not consider those very lucid, as I still didn't know where I was sleeping, had no awareness of my body's position in the world, etc. It is enough lucidity to realise it is a dream, but not enough to have full control over that dream.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 5:40 pm

Cousin's bf tried OOBE - after he came out, he saw 3 demons with hairy muzzles looking at him, so he came back instantly 8O

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2013, 5:44 pm

Its something I've always wanted to master but never been too successful with. I may try different techniques to see if I can get the hang of it.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2013, 9:55 pm

As for OBEs the most i've been able to do was sit up to my elbows, i couldn't get out any farther.
This was also years back when i had an interest in such.

As for Lucid Dreaming, i do tend to do that a lot. In all my dreams that i remember (i don't remember often) i am aware that i am dreaming while in the dream. Times of day/night will be the same inside the dream as they are on the outside waking world. Things in the room will be the same way as if i were awake.
During the OBE time there was incidents i had when waking where there were slightly different colorful objects in my room that were not there in reality. I have no idea what to make of that; my psychologist at the time told me about a movie called Waking Life.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 5:22 pm

Does anyone use the WILD technique to enter an LD? Does it work for you?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 10:24 pm

i believe that only psychically gifted individuals can enter the ful psychic realms [of lucid dreams and OOBEs, etc.], in the same manner that music can only be appreciated by people with a sense of pitch.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2013, 6:23 am

No, LD's and OOBE can be entered by anyone - but one psychically gifted man, a reiki master, told me once OOBE isn't a safe thing to do at all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2013, 5:30 pm

Irulan wrote:
No, LD's and OOBE can be entered by anyone - but one psychically gifted man, a reiki master, told me once OOBE isn't a safe thing to do at all.

if the first part of your sentence is the way it is, then how come i haven't been able to enter an OOBE at will, then? it must be due to the fact that i am missing some capability in this regard. and the 2nd part of your sentence doesn't have to be true, in that the late robert monroe was a regular and adept practitioner of at-will OOBEs. he wrote 3 books about it, in fact.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2013, 5:38 pm

You need to practise, I didn't say that one can enter this state at will, every time you concentrate on this. But that's true, most normal folks need a lot of time. When I tried for the first time like 2 years ago, I started to feel my heart chacra instantly (well, after like 40 minutes) and if I didn't panic, I would have entered this state then, most likely. But I'm not going to do this any more - I know one man who did come out and saw 3 demons standing over his body - sorry, but I'm not going to see any demons or anything like this. Anyway, I read about folks who came out and brought with them some astral entities trying to possess them. That reiki guy knew what he was talking about, I prefer to trust him.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2013, 10:46 am

Raven_Morris wrote:
Has anyone else experienced sleep paralysis?

I've been falling into a hypnagogic or hypnopompic state at a pretty infrequent but consistent frequency for a few years now. I used to get sleep paralysis in the hypnopompic states along with hallucinations but at some point the hallucinations started happening without the paralysis.

Not being paralyzed while in a hypnopompic state with weird noises and the feeling of something inside your body or lying beside you means you can and probably will scream. I've woken my family members with my screams.

I've had some weird instances in which hypnopompic hallucinations and what might have been partial vocal paralysis caused my voice to change when I screamed. I would wake up and feel something squirming inside me and my automatic thought would be that it is trying to take me over from the inside. I wouldn't have time to conclude it was a hallucination. So instinctively, as if it were physically inside my torso I'd tighten all my chest muscles thinking I could crush it or pin it down. I'd try to resist the urge to scream. The longer I resisited the deeper my voice would get when I eventually did scream. I'd have such a low pitched voice that sounded like it could've come from a bull, a bear, or some other large beast. Because my voice was so low-pitched in these cases I wouldn't wake anybody up. Then I realized that screaming usually ended the experiences so I tried to scream earlier than I would've instinctively with the intention of ending the whole thing. It was the opposite of resisting so my voice was extremely high pitched. I woke my dad up and he didn't know it was me. It sounded nothing like me. He ran down stairs to check on Aunt Margaret who was living in our basement. He thought she made the scream. When he saw that she was asleep he came back up to the main floor and was confused. I came downstairs and apologized for waking him up and he acted all surprised. "That was you?" he said. Yep. It was me.

I've had some pleasant experiences with hypnopompic hallucinations. There was one in which I could feel the touch of two benevolent hands touching me on each knee. I could feel a warmth in the room.