04 May 2016, 12:50 am

A ribbed tank top and athletic shorts

Kafka on the Shore
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 May 2016, 1:58 am

From bottom up:

Boots, black.

Trousers, black or grey - I think the style is chinos, but they're like halfway between jeans and suit material.

T-shirt, black or grey

Jumper, Black or olive green

Blazer, Black or that tweed-tan colour, it's hard to describe

Scarf, black

Jacket, various, but favour either my worn grey military style jacket, or a long black lightweight jacket

Flat-cap, grey - if raining

People always talk about how they 'lose their train of thought', with me, it's not the singular; my mind is greater comparable to Waterloo Station - with multiple trains coming and going at all times. It's as if I'm standing on a platform, alone, watching this chaos going on, picking out what I can from the residual matter left behind.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 2:27 am

my birthday suit, or my bathrobe as an overcoat of sorts. when I have to leave the house, it is usually a net tank top, thin trousers, belt, hushpuppies, windbreaker, raybans.

Last edited by auntblabby on 04 May 2016, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

04 May 2016, 2:52 am

I always wear a plain white vNeck tShirt & I wear shorts except when I'm going outside on a cold day & I wear a jacket when it's cold enough.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 9:52 am

I'd love to have a good western style sheepskin coat but those go for around $800 to $1,000 -- well behind my price range.

I used to have a fake sheepskin vest that was great -- about $35 in the mid 1970s. Unfortunately, I've gained too much weight for it to fit any more.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 May 2016, 11:33 am

JeanES wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
I wear caftans all the time, or whenever I can get away with it. The idea is a very loose, light garment that covers me entirely and touches me nowhere. 100% polyester, easy wash.

This sounds delightful.
Where does one buy caftans? Preferably online...

Or, if you know, are they difficult to sew? My machines have been gathering dust for too long.

They are ridiculously easy to sew - I used to make them all until I moved too far from the fabric store :cry:
The only thing I would suggest, if sewing, is not to do the V-neck; it's so hard to get that right. Otherwise it's a snap; do the neckline, 2 shoulder seams, 2 side seams (part way). I still have the one pattern I used over and over - of course you can fiddle with the design, add feathers or whatever.

Also you can make it half-length and use it as a top. I love those. If they flap in the wind, put a heavy button somewhere - not metal because you'll set off all those security machines.

But these days I buy on eBay. Watch out for fabric - unless you really want something that needs dry-cleaning! The ones on-line tend to be a bit dressy but who cares.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 11:47 am

right now im wearing headphone, a thin blue wristband and slippers

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2016, 9:46 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:

how stylish ;)

RonaldD793
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2016, 10:18 pm

Now so you don't ask any questions, my favorite choice of attire is a short-sleeved t-shirt with dark green and blue quilt patterns on it, a long pair of jeans and my trusty thick shoes which have never let me down. I have worn jean shorts recently, due to how I had a stroke and it's easier and more comfortable to put them on, then long jeans with only one hand.

RonaldD793

04 May 2016, 10:20 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:

So apart from that you're naked 8O .

justin_havu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2016, 12:41 pm

Everyday wear is Shorts (either casual or athletic) and sleeveless/tank, however, there are stipulations on this:
- Shorts cannot go below the knee. I've tried that once and was extremely uncomfortable. I like casual, golf/walking, or hiking shorts. I don't like basketball-style shorts as they're too heavy for me.

- Sleeveless/tanks: Absolutely no "A-shirts" (thin, white, ribbed fabric style), and either solid color or stripes. I do have a few white sleeveless shirts and tanks, but they're 100% cotton, non-ribbed fabric, and a bit heavier. I also like running/athletic tanks.

If I can't get away with the above, then the following applies:

Track pants (windbreakers) for cold weather, short sleeves, and a jacket (only if I go outside.)

Dress slacks and a short-sleeved polo shirt, sometimes layered with a sweater vest, for church and other more formal gatherings.

In any case, the attire must fit properly, no oversized clothing in my wardrobe.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 2:38 pm

^^^hiya Justin :) welcome to the club 8)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 2:45 pm

Most of the time: Skinny jeans, a cute shirt like my Eevee evolutions shirt and either black or ivory colored Converse low tops. Small hoop earrings and my key shaped necklace. There is no more snow on the ground so I can wear my Converse instead of UGG boots.

I also love dresses with ballet flats.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 3:43 pm

I usually just wear sweatpants and a t-shirt, sometimes jeans but I'm getting too fat to wear most of mine. :< Around my house I often don't wear a shirt. If it's colder outside, then I'll often put on a hoodie as well. The only pair of shoes I have is a set of work boots, they're not the most comfortable things but they're suitable for all seasons and they withstand a fair amount of abuse.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 4:15 pm

Trilby hats...

This is currently my favourite hat...

However, since it's made of wool felt, it's not exactly ideal as the weather is getting warmer...

I might pick up a Panama straw hat this weekend... Better for the upcoming summer weather...

I'm also a Cardigan man... but they, too, are getting to warm to wear....