Page 1703 of 4098 [ 65568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1700, 1701, 1702, 1703, 1704, 1705, 1706 ... 4098  Next

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 2:35 pm

^^I can totally picture that in my head. Yeah I can see how that would work. The heavier the thing in the end of the line is, the longer you cast I would think.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 2:36 pm

^ yes, a weightier sinker will produce a longer cast.

This method is a good way to keep people away from you too. :lol:

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 2:40 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I'm also an expert at casting a bait net. 8)

Don't be so modest :lol:

Pulling fishing nets is exiting. Our father did this with me and my brother sometimes when we where kids. One time he had put dinner in the oven before we left 8O Which is kind of crazy when you think about it. Well things didn't go as planned, so the potatoes where burnt quite bad. We called that type of oven baked potatoes "stone potatoes" after that experience.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 2:49 pm

^ I can't help it if I'm good, it's the aboriginal heritage in me. :lol:

Yes, it's always interesting what will end up in your net.
I usually walk out onto the mud flats at low tide for prawns (less chance of snagging your net there).
I get lots of poddy mullet and pilchards and sometimes a baby flathead, a mudcrab or a whiting.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 2:55 pm

I have this fantasy of hooking and landing a HUGE sea trout perfectly when I have an audience. Preferably a good looking guy.

Last year I hooked a small sea trout and there was a good looking guy and his wife and daughter I assume sitting quite close. As I stood crouched and tried to get it in the landing net, I slipped on the slippery rocks fell backwards on my ass, and one foot went under water.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 3:01 pm

Raleigh wrote:

I usually walk out onto the mud flats at low tide for prawns (less chance of snagging your net there).
I get lots of poddy mullet and pilchards and sometimes a baby flathead, a mudcrab or a whiting.

What do you do with that kind of small fish? Do you eat the bones too?

There is so little fish left in the sea here. If you get a sea trout that are smaller then 35 cm you have to release it, and with cod you have to release it if it's smaller then 40 cm. Many people don't follow these rules. I usually do though.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 3:04 pm

^^ oh, no. :oops:

I once stepped out of my boat when I came into the pontoon and miscalculated how close I was so I slipped straight into the water with everyone on the bank watching.
I just paddled around a bit and pretended I wanted a swim. :lol:
Very embarrassing when you do stuff like that.

Hope you catch the big one someday in an elegant fashion.

razzio
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2017, 3:06 pm

I Wouldn’t go into the North sea. Really cold.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 3:08 pm

Froya wrote:
Raleigh wrote:

What do you do with that kind of small fish? Do you eat the bones too?

There is so little fish left in the sea here. If you get a sea trout that are smaller then 35 cm you have to release it, and with cod you have to release it if it's smaller then 40 cm. Many people don't follow these rules. I usually do though.

You can use poddy mullet and pilchards for bait but the rest I throw back if they're undersize.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jun 2017, 3:11 pm

If it's compliments you're fishing for I can't help as I'm no fisherman! :mrgreen:

Love fish though - don't eat any other meat anymore. What am I? - quasi-vegetarian? Piscatorian? :lol:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 3:12 pm

^ Pesky vegetarian.

:lol:

Pescovegetarian, actually.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 3:16 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I once stepped out of my boat when I came into the pontoon and miscalculated how close I was so I slipped straight into the water with everyone on the bank watching.
I just paddled around a bit and pretended I wanted a swim. :lol:
Very embarrassing when you do stuff like that.

That's hilarious!! In hindsight that is.. When it happens though, yes it's very embarrassing.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 3:19 pm

razzio wrote:
I Wouldn’t go into the North sea. Really cold.

In the summer the water temperature gets to 25 Celsius sometimes. I prefer it to be at least 20 degrees if I'm going to dip into it.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 4:59 pm

I lived in Fife.

I am never going near the North Sea again.

There is cold water and then there is that bastard.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 5:17 pm

Every post gay stuff now, it's safe.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 5:19 pm

So, guys, there's been a development. I'm still sorting out old Playmobil and old Lego, and I mixed and matched so many minifigures that it's like playing a game trying to put the people back together. One of my weirdest creations was taking Thrandruil [Lord of the Rings]'s hair, a skull head from who knows what, a Quiddich uniform [Harry Potter], and rockstar pants, and putting them all together. :lol: There's still missing parts, most of which are currently being used by Doctor Who characters [I made my own Sarah Jane, Tenth Doctor, Donna, Amy, Rory, River, Clara, Eleventh Doctor, and Twelfth Doctor.]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII