Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 12:46 pm

So today I had a Whopper for a change. Didn't finish it all due to my gastric band, but I was only a few bites off finishing it. My mother finished it off for me.

The first thing I want to note is how expensive it was for a Whopper meal - £5.99. I wasn't expecting to be charged anywhere near that. I was expecting it to be around £3.50-£4.

On the upside, though: the burger was much better. It actually tasted like a burger rather than like cardboard, which is what McDonald's burgers taste like.

Any thoughts? What's your favourite?

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 7:12 pm

Yeah, I've always thought that BK burgers were better. There wasn't always such a price difference. I noticed it about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, the Burger King in my town has such atrocious service that I won't go there anymore. I usually go to Wendy's for burgers.

McD's has the best fries though, hands down.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

09 Apr 2016, 11:38 pm

I like the grilled flavor of BK burgers & their new hotdogs are good but McDonald's has better fries & chicken nuggets so I rather McDonald's.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 12:19 am

I prefer the grilled BK burgers over the fried McDonald's ones.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 12:49 am

BK rules.

MarbleRye
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Apr 2016, 1:08 am

BK has better burgers, McD has better fries (not counting chickens fries).

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 2:06 am

Personally, I think A&W makes the best burgers, and the best root beer, and my parents think so as well. Too bad the only A&W in this city now is at the food court at the mall. I still remember when they had a drive-in when I was really young. :)

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 2:10 am

I really don't like BK any more. I used to say that I preferred BK burgers and McDonalds fries, but I hadn't been to BK for years and in the past year or so I've gone three times. All three times the meal was almost inedible - so cheap and it tasted so processed. We tried two times at the same place, as I had chicken the first time so thought maybe their beef would be better when we went the second time. And we tried once at a service station and I thought maybe the change of venue would make a difference - maybe it was just our local one that was rubbish. No better, so we don't go to BK at all any more - we've since planned motorway trips and mapped our routes to avoid them and go elsewhere.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 11:36 am

Of the two, I prefer McDonald's because of their chicken nuggets and fries, but I like Burger King's burgers better.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 11:40 am

Neither, I hate them both, I prefer a pound of hamburger from the grocery store and either me or someone else making hamburgers. Though I've had some good burgers at restaurants just not from any major fast food chains. Not only doesn't it taste very good but that kind of food makes me feel sick to, except wendys isn't so bad for a couple things but their burgers look kind of lacking in size and mass.

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2016, 1:56 pm

There are a bunch of places within a 20 minute drive where I can have a real burger, along with craft beer. Why the hell would I ever go to either BK or McD?

I also have a grill, charcoal, and my wife makes great homemade bread and rolls. And I can have a few beers without having to worry about driving home. :wink:

No need to ever eat crap burgers.

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 12:27 pm

Burger King also has better toys as well. The had Cut the Rope toys for a while.

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2016, 3:51 pm

Food in BK is much better.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 2:59 pm

Basso53 wrote:
There are a bunch of places within a 20 minute drive where I can have a real burger, along with craft beer. Why the hell would I ever go to either BK or McD?

I also have a grill, charcoal, and my wife makes great homemade bread and rolls. And I can have a few beers without having to worry about driving home. :wink:

No need to ever eat crap burgers.

The closest McDonalds is only 35 miles away, but I've never been there. I had no idea where the nearest Burger King is located so I had to look it up -- 60 miles from home in a town that I haven't been to in over 20 years. In either case, it is easier to find much better food.

The only reason I can think to go get a fast food hamburger is for convenience. If it isn't convenient, then don't stop.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2018, 3:19 pm

Big Mac is good and i can eat more than 2 when i'm hungry, minus the salad, but the one i really like is the Chicken Royale.

In Sweden we also got MAX which is way better than both. It's like more of a thing inbetween streetfood and luxury burgers. I particularly like the chicken nuggets, but nowadays i mostly chow down on KFC chicken.

OhkaBaka
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2018, 3:55 pm

BK... always... I was one of the weirdos who actually liked their weird fake fries back in the day... but the current ones are just...shrug... inferior to McDs... which in every other way horrifies me.

But yeah... their prices are a little nutty... I could pay 7 for a whopper or 8 for an actual burger at Five Guys or the equivalent... I'm going with the real burger for a dollar more.

...but if I'm in an airport or mall or whatnot and need a burger? BK every time.