Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Joao
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 May 2019, 12:08 pm

Had the weirdest night. I'm still a little freaked-out.

1- Got to Grand Central Terminal to take the subway home. Next thing I know a train stops, not all the way into the station yet, and people in the train and on the platform started screaming. Turns out some guy was walking between the train cars, and lost his footing when the train hit the brakes as it reached the station. He felt and was crushed between the cars, in full view of the passengers and awaiting commuters.

2 - In a different train, taking the long way home, in the tunnel between Manhattan and Brooklyn. 2 homeless guys started fighting, and one knocked the other out. I thought I was witnessing the second death of the evening. Dude eventually woke up after a couple of stops.

3 - Got home, and heard some weird noises coming from inside the walls in my apartment. Went out to the building's laundry room that shares the same wall, and saw the dryer's exhaust duct moving, while the dryer was off. I put my hand on the duct, and a big rat jumped out of a hole on the other side of it. Looks like I have a whole family of them living in my wall. Couldn't sleep all night. Exterminator is supposed to come by tomorrow morning.

Usually NYC is a great place for people who like to be left alone. But every once in a while it can get a little freaky!