Page 4 of 12 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2019, 8:18 am

lolz

You guys.

I guess I learned something new this week after all. And I am undeniably a 'Conspiracy Theorist' for sure now--no denying it.

Because in light of the astronaut interviews, and other proofs, I cannot believe in it anymore.

I wonder if the Star Wars program was legit.....hmmm.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 2:53 pm

So....the Conservative Hero Reagan was faking it all along as well?

What do YOU think was legit?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 4:12 pm

Darwin was born in 1809, and passed away in 1882.

The "Origin of Species" was published in 1859.

How does one reckon "post-Darwin" years?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 4:32 pm

The moon doesn't exist, so we could have never landed there.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2019, 4:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
So....the Conservative Hero Reagan was faking it all along as well?

What do YOU think was legit?

I tend to think the Star Wars thing was legit. My dad worked on at least 1 of those DOD missions in flight training at NASA and he was super stressed out about it, for like a year or more. He couldn't tell me about any of it, just that he had to be careful of Russian spies as it was in the height of the Cold War.

I never asked him what he thought of the lunar landing. Wish I had. It's too late now. He never mentioned it as I recall, tho he knew all those guys.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 5:22 pm

But what would be the purpose in faking the Moon landings?

It wouldn’t make sense to do it just in order to get a leg up on the Soviets.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 6:32 pm

It seems the evidence being presented that it was not a hoax is because not enough people called it a hoax at the time. So apparently if a hoax is successful then it can not be a hoax.

To those who were kids when it took place, can you imagine being told in 1972 that going to the moon from that point forward would be infeasible all the way up to 2020?

That the only manned space action an adult born in the year 2000 would see is shuttles simply orbiting the earth?

Even though over 100 space shuttles have been launched, going to the moon after 1972 is basically an impossibility.

And apparently the only reason why no one has been able to get to the moon since 1972 is... it is just too darn expensive.

Seems just a tad fishy.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 6:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
But what would be the purpose in faking the Moon landings?

It wouldn’t make sense to do it just in order to get a leg up on the Soviets.

I have heard that the main reason for the moon landings was to win the space race and beat the Russians.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 8:00 pm

I believe in the "too darn expensive" theorem.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 9:00 pm

After watching ~ 15 minutes of this video, I am now curious what part of the original mission do doubters believe is real (and, likewise, what part is fake)?

Generally, I am skeptical of these "conspiracy theories" -- especially those that would involve the collusion of so many. As the real truth (in terms of proof) would eventually materialize.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 9:02 pm

EzraS wrote:
It seems the evidence being presented that it was not a hoax is because not enough people called it a hoax at the time. So apparently if a hoax is successful then it can not be a hoax.

To those who were kids when it took place, can you imagine being told in 1972 that going to the moon from that point forward would be infeasible all the way up to 2020?

That the only manned space action an adult born in the year 2000 would see is shuttles simply orbiting the earth?

Even though over 100 space shuttles have been launched, going to the moon after 1972 is basically an impossibility.

And apparently the only reason why no one has been able to get to the moon since 1972 is... it is just too darn expensive.

Seems just a tad fishy.

Exactly why is it "fishy"?

"Unfeasible" is not the same thing as "impossible".

It was a publicity stunt for the cold war. But besides that there was no profit in it beside the scientific value of the moon rocks they brought back.

There is no oil on the moon. And even if the moon were is a rich in oil as the Persian Gulf we cant buld pipelines or oil tankers capable of shipping it here. So the end was met: PR. So after the PR point had been made the will of the tax payer to fund further moonshots evaporated.

Your 100 space shuttle voyages only cost about five percent as much as any of the Apollo missions relative to the economy. But they produce more scientific return on investment than would subsequent Apollo missions.

We haven't built another Sistine Chapel in five hundred years either. Its "possible" to make a second one. But it isn't feasible. Like Apollo eleven the Sistine Chapel was a cultural endeavor that produced no profit beyond the purely aesthetic and the ideological.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 6:43 am

Any sort of skepticism would have bought about investigations by journalists.

If there was a hoax, it would have been revealed through these investigations.

At least some journalists were champing at the bit to get dirt on Richard Nixon. This “hoax” would have put the nail on the coffin for Nixon, delighting these journalists no end.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 3:09 pm

l'histoire se répète

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 3:54 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
The moon doesn't exist, so we could have never landed there.

But it would be real...if only you believed in me! :heart:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2019, 8:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe in the "too darn expensive" theorem.

I might too if there had not been several moon missions one right after the other and over a hundred space shuttle launches.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2019, 3:20 am

EzraS wrote:
I might too if there had not been several moon missions one right after the other and over a hundred space shuttle launches.

You know, don't you, that the "Moon Landing Was Faked" theory actually comes from NASA, and they want people to believe it so they can continue to cover up the actual lunar genocide we committed there. Armstrong and Aldrin were chosen because they were both fighter pilots, and when they departed the lunar surface there wasn't a single alien left alive. :skull:

There Are Four Lights!