Page 4 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2020, 4:06 pm

This self-isolation has actually given me the motivation to think about how I would need to change my life in order to be able to live isolated for a much longer period of time if needed. Such as, what would I need to have in place and on hand in order to live isolated from society for a year?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2020, 4:22 pm

I isolate anyway so this is nothing new. I do miss the occasional restaurants, though. Still, I have internet, so that's a plus. Also, I get food delivered from Amazon, Walmart and, lately, Schwann's. They sell frozen meals which you just microwave or bake and serve. It's not super tasty but it will sustain life.

monson86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2020, 7:55 pm

My life is pretty much the same. I'm on social security disability for being batshit crazy, so my income is unaffected. I don't have any friends, nor do I leave my house that much. So I can just sit back and watch the world burn.

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2020, 8:05 pm

I'm working from home instead of going in to the office. Not having the commute is nice. I tried instant messaging the few co-workers that used to say hi to me, but no one reciprocates, so my hope that I was becoming a little bit accepted is gone. Anxiety, depression, and insomnia are increasing - I'm trying to stay sane by doing a lot of gardening.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2020, 9:11 pm

quarantine not so fun... but did find out my favourite hamburger place is still open for pick up only.
hope is out there.... just maybe hard to see from this world just now.

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2020, 9:14 pm

Jakki wrote:
quarantine not so fun... but did find out my favourite hamburger place is still open for pick up only.

Pick up only? Does that mean you don't have to pay?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2020, 9:23 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Pick up only? Does that mean you don't have to pay?

i wish......... dont think that they will let me get away with that but their fries are to die for . :heart:

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 8:58 am

Magna wrote:
Another month being able to work from home! Woo hoo! I'm being serious. I love it.

I'm getting used to it, too! It's nice to be able to take a break literally whenever I want (could take multible breaks too, but that'd mean that my working hours would take longer to be full so I don't want to) and it's nice to not to have to wonder what to eat. We don't have a fridge at work nor anything to heat up food in, so it's always a pain to think of something that is filling enough and can be taken to work.

KyCoo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2020, 7:34 pm

Pretty awful, actually. I know I shouldn't be complaining if I am corona-free, but I just started teaching essay writing to a bunch of kids online but it is just exhausting trying to get things done with a spotty internet connection.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 8:21 pm

I've just reevaluated what I've written over these last several days -both here on WP, as well as other online feedback resources, and of course even old-fashioned offline agendas.

Something well............remarkable might just be happening: I'm increasingly leaving the impression (if however slight) of being more...............NT-like!

** A 'QUOTE' (as opposed to a 'REPLY') response is requested.

How many have been told by trusted NTs that they are becoming more ........... NT-like lately??

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 9:03 pm

questionable ...... its getting time to actually start hunting for toilet paper , as i did not hoard any.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2020, 9:44 am

Jakki wrote:
questionable ...... its getting time to actually start hunting for toilet paper , as i did not hoard any.

Good luck on your quest. They are starting to restock paper towels, so there is a good chance that you might begin to find a roll or two. Remember "The early bird catches the worm."

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

01 Apr 2020, 10:09 am

jimmy m wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Good luck on your quest. They are starting to restock paper towels, so there is a good chance that you might begin to find a roll or two. Remember "The early bird catches the worm."
Very true. Me & my girlfriend buy our TP & paper towels online & we buy the giant packs cuz it cheaper & less hassle. We don't drive & we can only carry so much by bus so ordering big things like TP & paper towels online helps. We still have a bit of TP & paper towels but we were at WalMart last week in the morning & they were stocking TP so we grabbed one of the big packs. It's not one of the two kinds that we really like but we don't hate it either so we thought it best to grab a pack just incase we need it. We'll donate it to my girlfriend's family if we're able to start getting the TP we like before we need what we bought at WalMart. Anyways from what we've seen & from what others like my parents have told us(my parents live in a different part of the country), when looking for the essential stuff like TP, paper towels, & hand sanitizer, it's best to be at the stores rite after they open. BTW incase this helps anyone, my mom just had me order some aloe vera gel off Amazon(my parent's don't make online orders & have me do it for them & they pay me back) that she's gonna mix with alcohol to make her own hand sanitizer since she cant find any. I got an email from the seller giving guidelines on how to mix theirs to make hand sanitizer cuz lots of people are doing that & I forwarded it to my mom of corse. I can give the Amazon link to the aloe vera gel my mom ordered if anyone wants it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2020, 10:17 am

It's mostly the same as my normal life, except i am at my parents' house.

Randomosity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Apr 2020, 4:04 pm

I've gotten a bunch of things done while at home, but I'm starting to get a little restless. I miss at least having the option of going out. I'm also annoyed because our state-wide SAH order has been in effect for a week now and our outbreak is getting worse, not better.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2020, 4:17 pm

EzraS wrote:
I haven't had trouble staying indoors considering the weather has been relentlessly cold, windy and wet.

Our weather is pretty good except for the occasional rain. My staff takes us on walks in the park everyday.