Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2024, 11:42 pm

Which flavor but also which combination of flavors? Toppings? Mix-ins? Ice cream sundaes? Banana splits? (Does anybody still eat those?) Ice cream sandwiches? Cones? Popsicles?

Envirozen8666
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2024, 12:04 am

I just favour regular vanilla with some sort of topping or sauce, such as caramel or chocolate. I really enjoy peppermint Choc flavour and even blueberry.

My least favourite was one IUaccidentally ordered as a kid namely rum and raisin. At that age I disliked raisins and their texture just didn't gel with ice cream at all!!

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 2:25 am

We had Ferrero Rocher gelati in Florence.
The local gelateria offers "Burnt pear and caramel" which is to die for.

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 9:09 am

With most foods I'll get the same thing every time, but for ice cream I like to try everything (because I mean, it's ice cream. It's very rare I don't like it) So my favorite ice cream is whatever it's been the longest since I last had.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 11:49 am

I love ice cream me but I have to be careful because of the lactose but if I was to choose it would be either coffee flavour or that Tom and Jerry's cookie dough one

Yum yum

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 2:15 pm

I like chocolate vanilla swirl.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 6:28 pm

hard to choose as I love Ice cream.

utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 6:39 pm

When I was younger I used to think my dad was crazy because he eats ice cream every day (he also gets paid to walk 20 km a day so he's still the healthiest person I know) ... then I realized that when you have the ability to buy ice cream any time you want to, it's really hard to avoid doing so.

Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 7:05 pm

Half Baked.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 12:18 am

I only know what I don't like more than what I want in an ice cream...

Mine is deduced from; no marshmallows, no fruit bits, not fruit flavor, no cheese, definitely not cheese flavored, no other bits like orbs...

And definately nothing out of place like, not being spicy, not being a literal poop or poison...

But if I have to be specific...
My favorites are either cookies and cream or/and a tie between chocolate and vanilla.

Preferably in cones, with hardened chocolate or whatever respective (magic shell) flavoring. If not in cones, I want them somewhat melted. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2024, 1:30 am

Ice cream I am fond of
Bubble gum, pepermint chocolate chip, cookies Nd cream, coconut milk ice cream

peet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2024, 3:19 am

I have really grown fond of lemon ice cream. Passion fruit & mango is pleasant too. My undiagnosed aspie nephews love it as well.

A somewhat local ice cream has come out with a new flavour without lactose, strawberry & wild strawberry. I like to mix it with lemon ice cream.

My dad eats vanilla and almost only vanilla, lots of it. Sometimes he might mix it up with blueberry but it's rare.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 3:48 pm

I like to buy some plain chocolate ice cream and then mix a couple spoonfuls into a cup of coconut greek yogurt.

I used to like a lot of the Ben and Jerry's ice creams, like New York Chocolate Fudge Chunk (not sure about the name) and Cherry Garcia, and I still like them but I find them a bit too sweet now that I've gotten away from eating as much sugar as I used to.

I haven't had it in a long time but a nice dollop of real whipped cream on chocolate ice cream is pretty great too.

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 6:56 pm

New York Super choc fudge chunk? Or NY super chunk choc fudge?
I haven't been to B & Js for twenty years, but I remember that, Cherry Garcia and chunky monkey.
Oh...and chubby hubby

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 12:37 pm

I'll recommend a specific source/"brand": Penn State Berkey Creamery.

Penn State was founded as an agricultural school and still has a strong Agricultural Sciences college. Among other things, they even have dairy cattle...and, during the Summer, I've heard the Creamery boast that it can take less than 24 hours from it going from grass in a cow's mouth to ice cream in yours.

Note: Ben & Jerry studied ice cream making at Penn State. And they only took the correspondence course!

P.S. Yes, I am a Penn State alumnae. No, I did not study agricultural sciences.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2024, 1:15 pm

I once had Black Jack ice cream

It was like a dark grey in colour and it tasted wonderful. I was about 10 years old at the time and ive never had it since... because I've never seen it since

Black jacks are a particular flavour chewy sweet in the UK (just in case it's not world wide known) and they have a distinctive aniseed flavour