13 Jan 2007, 10:25 am

Ok everyone! I'd like some ideas for some CLEVER bumper stickers that:

1. Only Asp people would understand :lol:
OR
2. Everyone would understand :?
OR
3. Define Asperger's :wink:
ETC.

Please make your responses short and sweet. That way, a lot of us can respond and it won't take all day for someone to read through.

ALSO, PLEASE make them at the MOST rated-PG. Kids might be looking at this.

Jen

p.s. If you type it, someone might use it...so if you have some plans in the future to make money off of this, be respectful to others and ask permission.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 10:30 am

It's an idiotic idea. Why would anyone want to make themselves any more of a target than they already are? The same thing goes with the T-shirts and so on. It's an 'autistic' way of looking at the world. If people were more tolerant then perhaps something like this would be more readily accepted but I don't think that stickers like these are a good idea.

candid89
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jan 2007, 11:05 am

Wow! Thanks for your opinion.

I wasn't exactly saying "I have Asperger's...ask me about it" is what my bumper should say...I'm thinking more along the lines of "Ha ha funny stuff" kinds of things.

Lighten up, tequila...sheesh. :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 11:10 am

Tequila wrote:
It's an idiotic idea. Why would anyone want to make themselves any more of a target than they already are? The same thing goes with the T-shirts and so on. It's an 'autistic' way of looking at the world. If people were more tolerant then perhaps something like this would be more readily accepted but I don't think that stickers like these are a good idea.

I agree. I don't want to be wearing a T-Shirt or using a Bumper Sticker that says, "Look at me! I have a problem"! I also don't wish to be more of a target, than I already am. I'd rather look at the world in a way that's as normal as possible. I'm not crazy about letting my AS be known to the entire public. I choose to attract attention by wearing my favourite colours, red and black, or by holding a door open for a person, or a group of people. I'd rather attract positive attention, than negative attention. I don't want the public to see me as an easy target, thankyou very much.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 11:47 am

CockneyRebel + Tequila: Unless you write it in a way that you wouldn't be targeted.

I would like a T-Shirt of my own which says:

"It's A John Thing, You Wouldn't Understand."

Seeing how my name's John.

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 11:50 am

Of course, very few people have even heard of AS. I wouldn't put a bumper sticker on, but I like the idea, not to let NT's know you have it, as most don't know about it, but to let other Asps know you have it. I like the "only Asp people would understand". If I saw that on a car, I would definitely laugh and it would make me feel better about myself, knowing that other people are not embarassed by who they are.

SeaBright
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 12:14 pm

ooh ooh ooh. these ALWAYS come to me, usually when I'm away from home and not near a pen, then they are gone. I always imagined starting a company with them. :D Mine would be themed more along the angry activist though..

"I'm sorry Katya, my dear, but where we come from, your what's known as a pet; a not quite human novelty. It's why we brought you.... It's nothing to be ashamed of, my dear, but here you are and here you'll sit."

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 12:45 pm

Alternative wrote:
CockneyRebel + Tequila: Unless you write it in a way that you wouldn't be targeted.

I would like a T-Shirt of my own which says:

"It's A John Thing, You Wouldn't Understand."

Seeing how my name's John.

Something like that would be less open to abuse, yes. But I (and many others) have more than enough trouble trying to fit in with this world as it is - why on Earth would we wish to attract needless attention (possibly negative) to ourselves?!

Quote:
Lighten up, tequila...sheesh.

Oh, I would do. But you're talking about putting stickers on cars. If you want to devise a funny slogan then so be it. Don't come here crying if certain less tolerant individuals make you a target for ridicule. OK? :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 1:35 pm

candid89 wrote:
Wow! Thanks for your opinion.

I wasn't exactly saying "I have Asperger's...ask me about it" is what my bumper should say...I'm thinking more along the lines of "Ha ha funny stuff" kinds of things.

Lighten up, tequila...sheesh. :roll:

What about me? :lol:

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 1:45 pm

"There's 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't." :nerdy:

andy1976uk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 1:46 pm

Tequila wrote:

Think only in an intolerant Hellhole like the UK would ppl find the stickers a problem.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 2:15 pm

Autism. It's not like you think.

- Emerson

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 3:36 pm

What would be ideal is something that an Aspie would recognize, but others would not...

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 3:40 pm

The universal circle with a slash, NT's.

(Lighten up folks ! ! Here in Cthulu Land everybody has bumper stickers ! !)

flamewolf
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jan 2007, 4:59 pm

Asperger's... It's not donkey meat

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2007, 5:32 pm

I'm still with Tequila. I think it's a silly idea.